Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bridgestone Potenza SO4 Pole Position

Old 05-31-13, 09:56 PM   #16
kbtoiz
Driver
Trader Score: (2)

kbtoiz

[QUOTE=lowrideraz;7967223]It's been a year now and I'm just as happy with the S-04 as I was on the day they were installed. I recommended these to a friend in town who's lowered on BC coils and they work for him too. I haven't brought them to the track, but on aggressive maneuvers on the street they work very well. My F handles far more neutral with the 245/285 combo and the understeer so noticeable with the stock sizes is considerably reduced. I still luv 'em.

Lou

I'm glad that you post this update. I did bought this 285's and the bulge on them got me a little worried that in the long run might be a problem. They been installed like 1k miles. But there's something that I notice.

I don't know if because the tires being to wide and I still have the factory ones in the front (I think this is the reason), I feel the car a little loose in the back. I don't know how to explained, mmm, like if I pull the steering wheel to try to miss a hole on the highway, I feel the steering wheel and the car like wobble a lil bit.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 05-31-13, 11:26 PM   #17
lowrideraz
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

^^^^Leaving the stock tires on the front was a mistake IMO. You've exacerbated the understeer by keeping the relatively narrow 225s on the front. in addition, Max Performance Tires, while being built to a high standard to enhance the handling vehicle they are installed on, may achieve that goal through differing construction methods. Mixing two different makes or models of Hi-Po tires may have an adverse effect on the handling of the vehicle they are installed on. In short, I recommend you install the S-04 245/35/19 tires in front as soon as you can.

My F with the S-04s has never felt as planted and has handled as well as it does now. I'm able to take freeway exit ramps and enter freeway entrance ramps at speeds never possible with my stockers or my previous DW tires.

Lou

Last edited by lowrideraz; 05-31-13 at 11:30 PM..
lowrideraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 01:42 AM   #18
Gonzilla24
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Lou,

Do you still have the S-04's on and if so about how many miles do you have on them now?
Gonzilla24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 10:48 AM   #19
lowrideraz
Lexus Champion

^^^^I've got about 10K miles on the rear ones and about 5K on the fronts. I had the unfortunate experience of running over road debris thrown by another car that blew out one of my fronts. So, I replaced both fronts. I'm still extremely pleased with the S-04s and highly recommend them.

Lou
Old 02-25-14, 12:52 PM   #20
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

is there any way I could ask someone of a picture of their car from the side with the new wider tire sizes. I keep finding close ups when I am more worried about how the car will look with smaller side wall and more fender gap

2010 LEXUS ISF / F Sport rear Sway Bar / Michelin PSS

The ISF......The perfect car for an enthusiast. It can be driven to the track, run hard all day , and then transport me hundreds of miles home in luxury and comfort to pick up the wife for dinner and a movie....
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 03:25 PM   #21
Gonzilla24
Rookie

Talking

I think I am about sold on them.
Old 02-25-14, 03:58 PM   #22
ISFpat
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (6)

I have s04's on my car.. I would comment on the grip but I am running 255 and 305's so its not really a fair review lol
ISFpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 05:48 PM   #23
lowrideraz
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
is there any way I could ask someone of a picture of their car from the side with the new wider tire sizes. I keep finding close ups when I am more worried about how the car will look with smaller side wall and more fender gap
The difference in the OD is so small that its unnoticeable. It's less than the tread depth of the tire.

Trust me, my friend, you won't be able to tell the difference in sidewall height or fender gap.

Lou
Old 02-25-14, 08:25 PM   #24
Gonzilla24
Rookie

I just got home from Discount Tire and ordered them. They told me that they are being discontinued so they are hard to find. $180 front and $230 rears. That a good price?
Old 02-25-14, 10:35 PM   #25
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrideraz View Post
The difference in the OD is so small that its unnoticeable. It's less than the tread depth of the tire.

Trust me, my friend, you won't be able to tell the difference in sidewall height or fender gap.

Lou
Thanks Lou. I appreciate the advice. I honestly think the only Achilles heal of the ISF is the grip past 8/10ths.

I am looking to hit the track with the car. Do you do any track days in AZ?

2010 LEXUS ISF / F Sport rear Sway Bar / Michelin PSS

The ISF......The perfect car for an enthusiast. It can be driven to the track, run hard all day , and then transport me hundreds of miles home in luxury and comfort to pick up the wife for dinner and a movie....
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 01:19 PM   #26
iH8RICERZ
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via AIM to iH8RICERZ

Lou - Sent you a PM about these tires
iH8RICERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 01:19 PM