IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Raybestos pads anyone?

Old 08-02-12, 05:11 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Any updates on the Wearever pads from the folks that have them? I am fed up with my brake dust.
I'm happy with them so far. They have been quiet, stop good but eliminate the aggressive initial bite (which I don't like on the street) and after 4 years of constant wheel cleaning have freed me from my slavery.
Old 08-02-12, 05:52 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
I'm happy with them so far. They have been quiet, stop good but eliminate the aggressive initial bite (which I don't like on the street) and after 4 years of constant wheel cleaning have freed me from my slavery.
Glad to hear positive feedback on these pads from multiple owners. I'll probably be picking up a set of fronts and rears, since there is a 15% off special that expires Aug 4.
Old 08-07-12, 07:51 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply can't pass this up. Enter "RETMENOT123" to get $20 off even after the above deal is expired. $84 for me shipped including sales tax. VERY nice deal!
Old 08-07-12, 08:47 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup, got fronts and rears for $85 SHIPPED... can't go wrong. Sarge even said he was driving hard on them, and virtually NO brake dust. I didn't even need a set but still picked them up. Several other owners have recommended them and said the initial bite is not as strong as OEM, which is good.
Old 08-08-12, 05:02 AM
2ndreality
Driver School Candidate

Seeing as the wearever pads have almost no dust, do they eat rotors extra fast? Anyone with some long-term usage care to comment?
Old 09-25-12, 01:28 PM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

They are actually better than the stock pads on your rotors. I have had them now for 20k miles. I have slammed the brakes, Ive driven through storms, and I beat on them in the beggining to test them out. I cannot be happier with these pads.

For those of you that think this "cheap" pad isnt the thing to do on a performace car, I agree with you. But only if you drive this vehicle like a performance car every day. By that I mean auto-x, mountain run, time attack, or circuit drive. If you drive the car from meet to meet, and back and forth to work, these are more than good enough.

Stop falling for the high priced stuff, and save your extra money to take your chick on a nice date. The $300 you will save can get you a nice dinner, some drinks, and a hotel room. Just sayin...

Originally Posted by 2ndreality
Seeing as the wearever pads have almost no dust, do they eat rotors extra fast? Anyone with some long-term usage care to comment?
Old 09-25-12, 01:37 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SargeISF
They are actually better than the stock pads on your rotors. I have had them now for 20k miles. I have slammed the brakes, Ive driven through storms, and I beat on them in the beggining to test them out. I cannot be happier with these pads.

For those of you that think this "cheap" pad isnt the thing to do on a performace car, I agree with you. But only if you drive this vehicle like a performance car every day. By that I mean auto-x, mountain run, time attack, or circuit drive. If you drive the car from meet to meet, and back and forth to work, these are more than good enough.

Stop falling for the high priced stuff, and save your extra money to take your chick on a nice date. The $300 you will save can get you a nice dinner, some drinks, and a hotel room. Just sayin...
I am sold. I would have been willing to pay OEM prices for a pad that produces less dust and is at least close to OEM quality, so the fact that these are much cheaper is all the convincing I need. Like you (and probably 90% of other F owners), I don't drive my car hard enough or fast enough on a regular basis to need insane stopping power. The brake dust the OEM pads generate is NO joke, so I'm happy to hear you've put 20K on your car without any issue.
Old 09-25-12, 03:14 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

I have about 4k on mine. Its been good so far. Little to no dust after a week with no wash. I might get an extra set while advanceautoparts have a 30% off right now.
Old 09-26-12, 02:19 PM
DallasISF
Driver School Candidate

Perfect timing for resurecting this post. I've been looking for pads and as soon as I saw this I ordered a set of the Wearever pads. Can't wait to get them.

I used RAF7JA1102 as the coupon code which got me $35 off orders $85+.
Old 09-26-12, 02:28 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so is it worth getting these when i take my car through the canyons every 3-4 weeks? i like the price on these compared to the other option project mu pads i was thinking of getting but im just worried that the wearever wont hold up on some of the canyon runs i do from time to time. i dont race the car but when i do the canyons i go hard and dont want a brake pad that is going to fade do to heat.

thoughts?
Old 09-26-12, 02:40 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

I havent tested mine on the canyons yet. Im sure they will hold up fine. The only thing I think it will not if you do a track day. Which you pretty much run the car all day with 40 min to an hour between runs. I fellow ISF in SD complain about the Project Mu's squeaking not even halfway on the pads life. For $85 front and rear you cant go wrong.
Old 09-27-12, 09:44 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just ordered the pads couldnt resist the price... was guna go project mu's but after seeing this thread decided to try these out first. I can not wait to stop all the daily brake dust from getting on my rims lol soooo tired of cleaning them. i only canyon once in a while so first time i canyon with these ill take it easy and see how they feel.

glad i came across this thread
Old 09-27-12, 06:08 PM
RC5000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Wearever pads + Centric rotors installed today

Today I replaced my stock setup on all corners with Centric and Wearever and flushed the brake fluid. These rotors are great, by all accounts equal to oem. The ceramic Wearever pads however, are nothing close at all.

As I made several 60-10mph stops to bed the brakes, fade was apparent on the 4th stop, and unacceptable by the 6th. I literally stood on the pedal to perform that 6th stop, and not once had I braked hard enough to throw the bucket of carwash supplies from the back seat.

After a wash I proceeded to drive 50 miles stop and go, and it's quite dissappointing that I no longer feel like I'm stopping a luxury sports car, the brake response is reduced to mediocre at best.

As expected the initial bite is gone. Im thrilled that the dust is gone.
But also gone is the feeling that my car has a premium brake design.

On the oem pads, I could threshold brake 160-60mph over and over back to back, no noticeable fade; I'm afraid these pads would catch on fire if I tried that once now.

On a positive note, the car stops like normal no extra effort required when driving it like an ordinary car. But I didn't buy the isf to drive it like that. These pads were cheap, and the results imho are consistant with the price.

Note: the rear pads are a little narrower than oem and are already leaving rusty ring on top and bottom of rotor face (which developed after wash today) where the pads are not hitting the rotor.
The fronts don't seem to exhibit this, front pads appear to sweep
same area as stocks did.
Old 09-28-12, 12:26 AM
supafreeza
Pole Position

Just ordered these pads. I hope I'm not too disappointed with these.
Old 09-28-12, 04:31 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Just ordered a set of the Wearever Ceramic pads for $77.12 shipped. The reviews on here definitely convinced me to at least give them a try. The brake dust with the stock pads is atrocious. I don't threshold brake from 160-60mph like the guy a couple of posts above, so I don't think I need to worry about retaining quite that level of brake feel.

Last edited by vbb; 09-28-12 at 04:37 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raybestos pads anyone?