IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

COMPLETE ISF Intake Comparison Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 05:56 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juanca
What a misleading title this thread has. Figs gave us facts, hard data... you should have searched before creating this thread.
totally agree. And the formatting of this "complete review" made my eyes cross...I couldn't tell what intake was where.
Old 05-01-12, 07:29 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Calling this thread a Complete comparison would be like installing a screen door on a submarine
Old 05-01-12, 07:44 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The air flowing inside the short "JoeZ Intake" pipe is NEVER stagnant or there long enough to be heated up...

Think less than the blink of an eye..!!!

Food for thought..
IF you touch the Metal Throttle Body or Throttle Flap, you will be severely burned as well. Since its even hotter than the intake pipe... (especially after parking or coming to a stop)
This also includes ALL other metals in the HOT engine bay..!!

Basically while driving, your not going to get any heat soaking issues with the "JoeZ Intake" pipe.
It's very hard to touch while driving.. LoL

Yes, the exterior of the aluminum pipe will heat up, but NOT the air flowing SUPER FAST inside it..

Joe Z
I knew you were gonna get me on that...Like I said personal opinion...lol and I would like to point out I have the Joe Z intake...
Old 05-01-12, 01:05 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The mods seriously need to change this thread title from "COMPLETE ISF Intake Comparison Review" to "My Opinions on Various ISF Intakes". One, it's not "complete" since several intakes are not included in the list. Two, there is no "comparison" since you can't do a real comparison without any numbers. Third, as several people mentioned FIGS posted a very similar - nay, identical - thread a while back, and he actually spent time and money on purchasing and tesitng the different intakes and posted real dyno results. So to call this thread the "official intake comparison" is simply a travesty.
Old 05-01-12, 02:46 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, and to anyone who wants to stick with the stock air box and an aftermarket filter, the aFe Pro-Dry S filter is on sale for just $31.20 delivered on Amazon right now!! Hurry up, there are only a few left in stock!
Amazon Amazon

DOH!! Nevermind, the price just jumped up to $56.81 for some reason. I grabbed one at $31.20 and it said there were 2 left, and now there's just 1 left so someone else must have grabbed the last one at that price.

Last edited by jleonard71; 05-01-12 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-01-12, 04:25 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
Calling this thread a Complete comparison would be like installing a screen door on a submarine

But what they used this...
Name:  4a98e8e6.jpg
Views: 5169
Size:  17.3 KB

Old 05-01-12, 04:57 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 77 Posts

Speaking of the stock intake, does anybody have a clip that they want to sell me? Its the the two clips ontop of the air box... I'm missing one and the dealership I bought the car from (not a Lexus dealership) hasn't located one for me yet. And no, other IS model clips wont fit this air box.... PM me if you want to sell me the clip!

sorry to thread jack.
Old 05-14-12, 11:15 PM
flyverylow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Speaking of the stock intake, does anybody have a clip that they want to sell me? Its the the two clips ontop of the air box... I'm missing one and the dealership I bought the car from (not a Lexus dealership) hasn't located one for me yet. And no, other IS model clips wont fit this air box.... PM me if you want to sell me the clip!

sorry to thread jack.
^^^^^ your not sorry.
Old 05-15-12, 10:58 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Yes I was kind of overzealous when I created this hread...
It's a review, mah personal preference
Some people are so persistent and love to exploit others for their foolishness >_>
Now that that has been settled for the eightieth time, let the flaming resume!
Btw, I am purchasing a joe z intake now, drop in filters w/ the stock intake box work the best with our car,
Just getting a joe z to smooth out the air flow to the throttle body.
Old 05-15-12, 11:24 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have tested a lot of intakes and the best combo we came up with was full stock with Toms air filter. This is due to the materials used by most companies on the intake pipe absorb more heat then the plastic used by the stock tube.

After saying that I have the Takeda cause it looks nicer and my nitrous fogger fits perfect on the side.
Old 05-15-12, 01:43 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I gained 12 wheel from my injen intake... No gains?
Old 10-07-13, 04:09 PM
hanscj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does the takeda intake differ in performance gains vs the joe z? has anyone had dyno comparisons between the two?
Old 10-07-13, 07:41 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^I doubt you would see any difference on a dyno. I have had both, but prefer the Takeda for esthetic and personal reasons.

Lou
Old 10-08-13, 05:51 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

How difficult is it to swap out an Injen intake back to the stock air box + Joe-Z intake? I just bought my 2nd ISF, and it came with an Injen intake. I kept my Joe-Z intake from my first ISF, but I need to find a stock air box. Are there any major complications to swapping these for a rookie mechanic?
Old 10-08-13, 05:53 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
I gained 12 wheel from my injen intake... No gains?
Would this have anything to do with living in Vermont? I have no idea about humidity levels there, but I'm assuming it's generally considerably cooler than here in Texas. Would having the car in cooler climates allow for an Injen-type intake to thrive over other intakes?

Quick Reply: COMPLETE ISF Intake Comparison Review