IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rmi scoops review

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 04:24 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F4Fast
Ufolk!!!!!!!! Lol tomorrow, after work. I should have my bumper and hood back on, Fasho. We still meeting at my job so we can go to the lexus dealership? We can run, your mods against mine, been wanting to see where i stand agains another isf with mods. Ive ran 4 and pulled all of those. Cant wait now and as for exhaust, i may have to listen to a isf with the iss track
What happened to "I love my stock tips" haha yeah I'll meet you up as soon as I get off work
Old 04-29-12, 05:44 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
Its on! Lets race!
Hopefully I get mine soon, just hope someone with an F in south florida is willing to run lol
Old 04-29-12, 05:51 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Hopefully I get mine soon, just hope someone with an F in south florida is willing to run lol
Count me in. PM me whenever
Old 04-29-12, 07:39 PM
mikelexF
Rookie

OK guys another update... I was still having ground issues, so i took the one side of the scoop off. I didn't have much time to fix it so i just decided to keep the one side of the scoop off for the day.. And what a difference.. The car drives a lot more sluggish and the rev depending on the speed i was going would jump without me pressing down on the gas pedal. There was definitely more air going into the car when I had the scoops on.. I think this mod is definitely a cheap and easy way to allow more air into the car.

NOW to fix the ground issue.

Last edited by mikelexF; 04-29-12 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-29-12, 08:20 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelexF
OK guys another update... I was still having ground issues, so i took the one side of the scoop off. I didn't have much time to fix it so i just decided to keep the one side of the scoop off for the day.. And what a difference.. The car drives a lot more sluggish and the rev depending on the speed i was going would jump without me pressing down on the gas pedal. There was definitely more air going into the car when I had the scoops on.. I think this mod is definitely a cheap and easy way to allow more air into the car.

all i did was scrap about a cm of the paint of from around the hole that the horn goes to and put a metal washer between the horn and scoop and everything works perfectly. Took all of 5 min to do.
Old 04-29-12, 08:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,854 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelexF

Sounds like there's something wrong with your car in stock form. Mine doesn't do any of this and never has.
Old 04-29-12, 08:26 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Bryan i loce my exhaust tips. Ill make sure i grt to keep them lol
Old 04-30-12, 02:24 AM
t4orce
Rookie

Would the scoop work for those who have the radar cruise control sensor in the grill?
Old 04-30-12, 03:48 AM
TokyoF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't FIGS do a dyno test a year ago with various intakes and they all lost power over the stock airbox?
Old 04-30-12, 04:57 AM
RichieISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by t4orce
Would the scoop work for those who have the radar cruise control sensor in the grill?
great question bud...I think the radar cruise in behind the Lexus badge in the grill... i will tell u when i finally get my scoop..!
Old 04-30-12, 06:17 AM
mikelexF
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Sounds like there's something wrong with your car in stock form. Mine doesn't do any of this and never has.
Thanks for the concern. Sorry i think i caused a bit of confusion. The car ran fine before the install. The car ran better and smoother after the install. And the car ran just weird when i removed just one of the scoops due to the horn ground issue.

All is better now that i have the ground issue fixed.
Old 04-30-12, 07:04 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TokyoF
Didn't FIGS do a dyno test a year ago with various intakes and they all lost power over the stock airbox?
this doesnt replace the stock intake in anyway.. all it does is redirect the air to the intake.
Old 04-30-12, 07:32 AM
NTXISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zapa
Here ya go. I like the look of it with my custom grille and it match my blue fogs!
looks great! do you have any pics of the engine bay?
Old 04-30-12, 05:05 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NTXISF
looks great! do you have any pics of the engine bay?
Ask and you shall receive.
Attached Thumbnails Rmi scoops review-photo.jpg   Rmi scoops review-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 05-01-12, 08:56 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Wow...that's all they are?

Quick Reply: Rmi scoops review