IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-12, 10:48 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't leave us hangin'!! What happened?

I know here in AZ if a pawn shop buys something that turns to be stolen they are required by law to turn it over to the police and it is then returned to the rightful owner. I have a buddy who owns a pawn shop and he has been burned by that law several times, but I don't feel too bad for him because the ridiculous profits that he makes on everything else more than makes up for his losses!
Old 04-27-12, 09:15 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Juanca
I was wondering the same thing, I hope it was the cops who recovered the wheels and got the tip to arrest the thief!
Yeup.. I saw that too..... "This posting has been deleted by its author."

Anyone save the evidence of the listing & photos ??

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-27-12 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-27-12, 11:53 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Yeup.. I saw that too..... "This posting has been deleted by its author."

Anyone save the evidence of the listing & photos ??

~ Joe Z

Here you go:

Old 04-27-12, 08:52 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any update???
Old 04-28-12, 08:46 AM
black08isf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious. Did any damage happen to your brake, rotor, control arm, etc. when they drop it on the bricks like that? And I hope you will get those wheels back and someone will be paying for this.
Old 04-28-12, 10:42 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

not sure if anyone has mentioned this...too many posts to read through it...but you can setup google alerts to do searches of the web for you and email you when something comes up...

www.google.com/alerts and type in your search query, for example, if you can type in "site:craigslist.org/ lexus oem rim"

and google will search all the time for something that comes up on the web and send you an email...that way you don't have to keep checking craigslist. Hope this helps....sorry for your loss

Old 04-28-12, 11:34 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Just curious, but if you are able to track these wheels down through that Craigslist ad, how will you be able to prove they were from your car and get them back? Do the wheels have unique serial numbers on them by chance that could be traced back to your VIN?

What a story! Sure hope to see some justice come out of this and to Just F Me...thank you for the Google Alert tip!
Old 04-28-12, 11:46 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by caymandive
Just curious, but if you are able to track these wheels down through that Craigslist ad, how will you be able to prove they were from your car and get them back? Do the wheels have unique serial numbers on them by chance that could be traced back to your VIN?

What a story! Sure hope to see some justice come out of this and to Just F Me...thank you for the Google Alert tip!
Way easier than you think... The 4 unique TPMS sensor FCC I'd numbers are registered to his Lexus ISF..

The wheel sensors will begin trasmitting when called upon by the car or a Lexus Techstream handheld computer or Laptop.
So if all or even one match, they came off his car..

The Lexus dealership could verify that in under 5 minutes with the car & wheels present at the dealership.

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-28-12 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-28-12, 12:16 PM
cyster2007
Rookie

Police come to the pawn shop on Thursday morning, the wheels had been sold to a guy which living in Philly. Lucky the pawn shop has all the record, and police found the buyer. The buyer will bring the wheel to the Philadelphia lexus dealership( I guess the one in havertown, PA) to check the wheel is coming from my car or not. Police also know who sell the wheels to the pawn shop, but has to wait for the buyer to bring to the dealership to prove it before they can arrest somebody. My insurance is paid to Lexus $12950 already, I have to pay $260 from my pocket. Wheels has to order from Japan, don't know how long it takes. Rotor isn't damage, but the protector ( the one protect the rotor away the rock) has damaged, also has to wait for the part to come. It is all I knew from right now, thanks for everyone helping
Old 04-28-12, 12:26 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Google alert works for many things.......I get some pretty good deals on craigslist without even searching...i just get notifications that someone posted it.
Old 04-28-12, 06:16 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

I'm in for updates!!
Old 04-28-12, 06:43 PM
Epoy04
Rookie

Im glad everything is falling into place. I hope the arrest that thief!
Old 04-28-12, 07:42 PM
stick
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Way easier than you think... The 4 unique TPMS sensor FCC I'd numbers are registered to his Lexus ISF..

The wheel sensors will begin trasmitting when called upon by the car or a Lexus Techstream handheld computer or Laptop.
So if all or even one match, they came off his car..

The Lexus dealership could verify that in under 5 minutes with the car & wheels present at the dealership.

~ Joe Z

Is there anyway that someone or a person at Lexus can "clear the memory" of the TPMS sensors to avoid being traced back to a car?

OP, I hope you get your wheels back!
Old 04-28-12, 08:54 PM
CestRocks
Rookie

wooooowwwww !!!! this is actually the very first time I myself have ever seen a theft involving a Lexus, thats horrible dude sorry to see that scum bags got you
Old 04-28-12, 09:10 PM
black08isf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cyster2007
Police come to the pawn shop on Thursday morning, the wheels had been sold to a guy which living in Philly. Lucky the pawn shop has all the record, and police found the buyer. The buyer will bring the wheel to the Philadelphia lexus dealership( I guess the one in havertown, PA) to check the wheel is coming from my car or not. Police also know who sell the wheels to the pawn shop, but has to wait for the buyer to bring to the dealership to prove it before they can arrest somebody. My insurance is paid to Lexus $12950 already, I have to pay $260 from my pocket. Wheels has to order from Japan, don't know how long it takes. Rotor isn't damage, but the protector ( the one protect the rotor away the rock) has damaged, also has to wait for the part to come. It is all I knew from right now, thanks for everyone helping
Good to hear that both wheels and seller are located and identified. Hope you will get your wheels back and the theft get what he deserved.

Quick Reply: My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen