IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-12, 01:43 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelexF
sorry to see that... at least it was just ur wheels and not the whole car... I think ur prob the second member that has gotten their rims stolen. Another member got theirs stolen in NY. I guess the safest place to keep our car is in the garage.
actually the garage is still not safe. no where is safe. if they target your car all you can do is hope you have stuff to stall them from getting your wheels quickly. im sure everyone will be on the lookout for 2012 rims.
Old 04-24-12, 02:25 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had my 350Z (I lived in an apartment at the time), I rented a garage to keep it in. Now have a house, with garage in a gated area. I feel pretty safe. I don't even lock my car at night. You might want to look at renting a garage if your apartment complex offers them. Sorry about your lack of luck though. Thank God for insurance!
Old 04-24-12, 04:01 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is why I have dogs, a gate, security system, security cameras and a few other things protecting my stuff. Even with all that I worry. It makes me sick to see things like this.

Sorry for you misfortune, hopefully the thief isn't that smart. This is a pretty tight knit community of ISF owners from what I've seen. There are not many sets of used OEM ISF wheels on the market so I can't see them being easy to sell.
Old 04-24-12, 04:21 PM
cyster2007
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swirvin
You can get a 2way alarm system installed on the car. Then you can addon a digital tilt sensor. That sensor will set the alarm off when someone either tries to jack it up or tow the car. If you get the 1mile 2way system your alarm remote will warn you when the alarm goes off up to 1mile so you can do something about it. Or you could get the phone version where your sent a txt msg when the alarm is set off at any distance where you have cell service.

http://www.viper.com/P-507M/Digital-Tilt-Motion-Sensor
It look like a good idea, but is it hard to install it?

For some reason, my car doesn,t come with the oem wheel lock. As I see many comment, You guy think I should consider the alarm system better than the wheel lock?

Also my insurance company(Geico) is gonna to fix my car with the oem wheels and tire, they didn't ask me for just paying the money.

Any more suggestion for the protecting the wheel? I don't want to see it again,lol
Old 04-24-12, 04:45 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cyster2007
Any more suggestion for the protecting the wheel? I don't want to see it again,lol
When I had custom Volks on my Honda Prelude I was uber-paranoid about them and put THREE sets of wheel locks on them. Yes, THREE. Not your basic Mcgards locks either, these were expensive and unique locks I had to hunt down to find. 2 of them were the same brand, different pattern and another one was a different brand, deep-set design. The keys for those things weighed down my backpack like whoa and so many times I didn't even bother bringing the keys and risked it. It was a pain to live with but my wheels never got stolen! (knock on wood)

But Lexus uses an unusual bolt seat design so it's hard to find unique wheel locks for them besides the usual Lexus OEM (Mcgards) locks...

eta... I also had a tilt sensor trigger for the alarm on my Prelude to protect the wheels but I found those things false-alarmed like a bee-otch...
Old 04-24-12, 04:59 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Throw on a set of wheel locks, make sure your insurance is paid up and hope for the best. I wish my '08 wheels would be stolen so I could get a set of '12s!
Old 04-24-12, 05:03 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

wow that sucks

unfortunately if someone really wants to steal you ****, they will get it. wheel locks (any kind) will deter the amateurs but a pro will take those locks off like you handed them the key
Old 04-24-12, 05:21 PM
supafreeza
Pole Position

Default Terrible.

Sorry to hear man. Go with aftermarket rims!

I'm going to get wheel locks for mine. I don't think mine came with them.
Old 04-24-12, 05:25 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by streetx
wow that sucks

unfortunately if someone really wants to steal you ****, they will get it. wheel locks (any kind) will deter the amateurs but a pro will take those locks off like you handed them the key
Yes of course, but why make it easy for them? And for what-- $30 it's not like it's a huge investment for a little security... Lock'em up!
Old 04-24-12, 05:55 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

It is a blessing in disguise IMHO. The reimbursement for those OEM wheels will be more than enough for some high end rims. At $7K, you're definitely in the market for not only style, but performance wheels like: HRE, BBS, Volks and others..

I imagine who ever stole your wheels must either be an F addict (can't afford F, so gotta have F wheels), or amateur thief. Who would steal OEM wheels?

If put up for sale, who would buy OEM wheels from/for an F?? The F wheels are so unique to the F, that it would look very very fugly? Sure if the F wheel was chrome or gold then I can understand it can be open to other markets of people.

At this point, I just don't know who would be in the market for F stocks wheels other than another F. Maybe that's it? Someone who wants to trade in their F is getting low-ball offer from the dealer so he/she is saving their aftermarket wheels.

If you’re getting reimburse from the insurance company and you don’t get aftermarket wheels, it would be a mistake.
Old 04-24-12, 06:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

thats messed up. sorry dude
Old 04-24-12, 06:17 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear
Old 04-24-12, 07:08 PM
cyster2007
Rookie

My car has been tow by Lexus dealership(because Geico can't tow it) and Geico has never offer me the money, so should I ask myself or just let Lexus fixing everything and put the oem wheel?

I hope my insurance rate will not go up too much because of this stolen
Old 04-24-12, 07:30 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Dame that suck. My guess it some one else with a ISF or ISx50 that wanted it. But installing an alarm with sensor is better than wheel locks. Cause oem or aftermarket lock nuts are still easy to brake loose with a oversize socket.
Old 04-24-12, 08:09 PM
ISFJames
Rookie

I hate seeing things like that. Hopefully the insurance company pays up nicely. Goodluck!

Quick Reply: My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen