Print Wikipost

Wald Diffuser Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 12:17 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wald Diffuser Install

Does anybody have the Wald rear diffuser and installed it themselves? The Japanese instructions were useless but the diagram was pretty straight forward. I put it on the rear bumper cover, aligned it properly, and then taped it all down so it wouldn't move. I then drilled the two holes where the reflectors go. Now for the life of me i cant get the stupid shaft of the reflector to line up properly for the nut. The nut is sooo close to the actual bumper as well its nearly impossible to get it on. The only way I can see of getting this thing on properly is to take the whole rear bumper cover off, mount the diffuser, then put it all back on.. Any ideas?
Old 03-16-12, 12:27 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

that would be a better idea. just to give you a heads up there will be gaps at the top corner where the exhaust tips come out.
Old 03-16-12, 01:11 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would think that for 1800+ the diffuser would fit properly.

I am going to go with the Toms, I just wish it was as aggressive as the Wald. (and not a 4 month wait)
Old 03-16-12, 01:15 PM
staman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
You would think that for 1800+ the diffuser would fit properly.

I am going to go with the Toms, I just wish it was as aggressive as the Wald. (and not a 4 month wait)
That's what I was hearing as well. I called up Dan at Vivid Racing and he got me the diffuser mailed to my door in Canada in 2.5 weeks. No Joke. I was thrilled. For 1,800 it should fit a little better and have English instructions though...
Old 03-20-12, 09:56 AM
SExDEVIN
Driver School Candidate

I took off the rear bumper when I install the Wald rear. The rear bumper is not too hard to take off
Old 03-20-12, 11:40 AM
staman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SExDEVIN
I took off the rear bumper when I install the Wald rear. The rear bumper is not too hard to take off
It looks like im going to do that as well. The only thing im worried about is that the screw ends are going to hit the actual bumber and i wont be able to get the bumper back on properly. Did you have any trouble aligning the exhaust tips when the whole piece went back on the car?
Old 03-20-12, 12:47 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

I would suggest a helping hand to align them and make sure u don't hit anything when putting the bumper back on.
Old 03-20-12, 04:08 PM
staman
Pole Position

Well i had to take the bumper off and i wish i had done it earlier. It would have saved me so much time and trouble not to mention skin on my knuckles. Here are the pics...

Took the bumper off...

Installed it on my back porch...

And back on the car...

Old 03-20-12, 04:14 PM
g35cali
Driver

best diffuser for the f and i have the toms lol
Old 03-20-12, 04:15 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Looks great! Did the reflectors on the diffuser need to be drilled or could it have been installed differently?
Old 03-20-12, 05:10 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

That looks amazing!

I never noticed the up curve across the bottom on this piece before.
Old 03-20-12, 05:14 PM
TigerWoods
Driver School Candidate

Wow! It looks so aggressive!
Old 03-20-12, 05:23 PM
staman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Looks great! Did the reflectors on the diffuser need to be drilled or could it have been installed differently?
The reflectors are actually what hold the diffuser in place. The reflector has a screw shaft on the end of it which goes through the diffuser, through the bumper, and tightened with a nut. Its that nut i was referring to in my earlier posts. Without taking the bumper off its almost impossible to get that nut on its so close to the real bumper. Even if you could i don't see how you'd get a ratchet head in there..

Members have talked about "smoking" the reflectors. Are they just using some kind of film or are they actually baking the things...
Old 03-20-12, 05:43 PM
redsvt02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
that would be a better idea. just to give you a heads up there will be gaps at the top corner where the exhaust tips come out.
Can we see pictures of the fitment if you don't mind? The WALD diffuser looks bad *** on your car! Definitely a great purchase.....now you have got me thinking I want it on mine.
Old 03-20-12, 08:04 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by staman
The reflectors are actually what hold the diffuser in place. The reflector has a screw shaft on the end of it which goes through the diffuser, through the bumper, and tightened with a nut. Its that nut i was referring to in my earlier posts. Without taking the bumper off its almost impossible to get that nut on its so close to the real bumper. Even if you could i don't see how you'd get a ratchet head in there..

Members have talked about "smoking" the reflectors. Are they just using some kind of film or are they actually baking the things...
Good to know! Your ride looks even better now from the rear shot, and now that I've seen it on Obsidian, it makes me want to get it really soon.

Quick Reply: Wald Diffuser Install