IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

should I swap my E92M3 for a IS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-12, 05:33 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If it was a even trade I probaly wouldn't never do it. When you say the word M whatever you know the car mean business.
But if your in need of some extra cash go for it.
Old 03-08-12, 07:10 AM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IS-F FTW! Your getting a mor realible car + cash in your pockets, that's a no brainier
Old 03-08-12, 08:05 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Oakley IS
hey man I know, I see you used to have a E46 too, I still miss that thing, it was so raw and fun!

maybe I should consider a CSL?

about 120USD still here...
A CSL would be an incredible ride, however if you drive a lot, it doesn't really provide any creature comforts. That being said, it is a pure, raw sports car. I can only imagine how awesome it would be to turn the key on a daily basis. I came from an E46 as well, and if it wasn't for needing more space, and having issues with reliability, I don't know if I would be here today. The way I see it, you really can't go wrong anyway you choose here. The M3 and the ISF are both outstanding cars. Best of luck with whichever route you go.

Kevin
Old 03-08-12, 08:50 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are so many F owners I know that have switched from the M3 (e46 & e92) to the ISF and have personally vouched that BMW's have a ton of problems, and that they don't even come close to reliability in the F. That said, I do also know a few F owners who have switched to the e92, due to the fact that they are diehard Manual fans.

Personally I love the manual mode in the F, and the fact that the ISF has true paddle shifting with Sport Mode. Auto is convenient in traffic and Manual is fun when in the open road, and you can change it on command.

Also the rarity. People gawk when they see it on the road. Roll with multiple ISF's and you'll see people in cars taking pictures, pointing and staring! No offense to the OP, but when you see multiple M's it just isn't as eye-catching, since they're so common.

All in all, the BMW is the ultimate driving machine, and I don't think you'll ever meet more welcoming owners than ISF owners. We truly respect BMW's and as you can see above, F owners give you their true take on the M3.
Old 03-08-12, 08:20 PM
js619858
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2
If it was a even trade I probaly wouldn't never do it. When you say the word M whatever you know the car mean business.
But if your in need of some extra cash go for it.
TRUE! But also when you say M, people ask how many times did your car break down!

I got my ISF smog from the owner who owned nothing but BMW and his son flew to Europe to pick up his M3. When he saw the ISF (did not know what an ISF was) he asked me about the car and loved the whole look and feel. He told me he loved BMW but car comes with many problems. Basically told me if I don't have or want to spend the money don't buy them.

Also the ISF looks a lot better in person especially in black and get's more looks even if it's out of what the **** is that look. haha

Everyone always ask are those wheels stock? When I pulled up anywhere with an M3 beside me, I can see people looking at the ISF more. The M3 looks plain in person compare to the ISF. Looks to much like a 3 series except for the small *** tail pipes, wheels and side vents.

I was looking at the M3 also and I'm not going to buy a car because of the history unless it's something like a Lambo or something higher.
Old 03-08-12, 09:28 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Frankly I never liked the BMW interior, and the non touch screen is a deal breaker for me. I have 2 friends who have M3 and a 330. both constantly complain about the car quality. Oh.. on QA manager at my old company spent almost 6K to get his BM fixed and it broke again and this time the expense was 4K. he just junked the car and bought another one.

With this going around I was never going to take a chance, this is my daily driver and I want a reliable car. So far i am very happy
Old 03-09-12, 12:34 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ISF is a dual personality car with true supercar characteristics. As a daily rider, you'll enjoy the subtle growl of the engine. As a track-proven racer, you'll embrace the beast and smile as you take every tight corner in your path.

The M3 and the F are both great cars: the F wins, in my opinion, in versatility, experience, and virtually any other category.

You chose wisely!