Old 07-19-12, 07:42 AM   #31
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (6)

pages/Joe-Z-Performance/196802633674666 JoeZPerformance JoeZPerformance
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus View Post
Was this a DIY? ... um yes... guilty... I did the install myself and everything was good with the exception of the damn "Check headlight system" warning light...

Thanks for the links though, I was able to figure out what the heck went wrong. It was the damn AFS sensor arm. I made sure not to mess with the damn thing during the install, but when I was pushing the arm down to install the shock/spring it somehow bent in the "Z" position. It took all bout 5 mins to flip that bad boy around the correct way "L" and problem solved! No more damn warning light!

Thanks JoeZ you da man!
No Problem..!!

That's what these forums are for.. Helping each other out..

~ Joe Z
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
12' BBS Wheels Bridgestone S-04 245-35-19 & 285-30-19
Project Mu D2 Racing Sport Coils AeroTect Xenon Depot LEDs
"The Relentless Pursuit Continues...."
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 10:34 AM   #32
itsivan
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Instead of unplugging the harness, you can pull out the actual AFS fuse. Takes less than 30 seconds..
Which is located in the drivers side fuse block under the dash. (See owners Manual as well)

BUT......

Agreed.... So it's easier than pulling the small plug/harness out of the AFS ECU....

Still NOT the solution I'm looking for... Looks like black tape inside the cluster led is going to prevail on this one..

~ Joe Z
Under driver dash Is there a diff name for the fuse i cant see any afs also i bought my car with out the manual so i feel helpless
Old 10-31-13, 05:36 PM   #33
Andyfishy
Rookie

www.facebook.com/andyfishy

Now I'm confused... So the problem cannot be solved?

I'm still thinking of where to get my 2011 light installed on my 09 isf... it looks too complicated for me ...sigh...
Andyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 07:03 PM   #34
fasttexasz
Driver

I ended up plugging the AFS computer back in and pulling just the fuse. After a while I decided, like Joe, that I liked my auto leveling feature. There is no easy way to really stop the flashing only work arounds. I searched and found a thread on how to remove the instrument cluster and take the left side apart. After I got it off I just cut a small piece of black electrical tape to cover the light. Again it took some searching but the thread is out there to guide you step by step. Good luck.
fasttexasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 07:04 PM   #35
Evil Teo
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (11)

Evil Teo EvilTeo evilteo
Send a message via AIM to Evil Teo Send a message via MSN to Evil Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyfishy View Post
Now I'm confused... So the problem cannot be solved?

I'm still thinking of where to get my 2011 light installed on my 09 isf... it looks too complicated for me ...sigh...
yes the problem can be solve but with only those 2 options so far. either use black tape to cover it or pull the fuse. its really an easy job if u have a dremel tool to cut some of the brackets off and probably the hardest part is getting the ballast out and reusing it. its a bit tricky but there is a youtube video that shows you how.

List of Mods
Car: 2008 USB Lexus IS-F
Mods: Joe Z|Toms|Wald|Arkym|BC Racing|OS Giken|Beat Sonic|HPS|FSport|GTSpec|Lexus|iJDMToys|V-LED|Bride|McGards|Junction Produce|Project Mu|Hawks|PPE|FIGS
Teo the "Triad Accountant"
#NELOC
Evil Teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 07:04 PM

Tags
460, afs, blinking, daytime, flashing, is250, is350, la, lexus, light, lights, ls460, make, night, running