IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hide The Plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-12, 07:25 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had mine for a year and a half. I have the manual version and I have scraped a couple times and it has held up well. My car is not lowered but the way the enter/ exit lots around here are fairly drastic so under normal circumstances, it should hold up well. My thought was if I had the powered version to see if I could rig it up in such a way that when you start the car, it flips up and as soon as you turn off the car, it flips underneath.
Old 02-19-12, 07:31 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
So the story behind this goes... I got pulled over on my way to school. Turns out that this cop is notorious for pulling people over for not having a front plate. He said he would give me a ticket if he saw me driving without a front plate again.... Challenge ACCEPTED.

So i am driving with my plate down until i get pulled again hopefully by the same cop and when i am stopped i am going to raise the plate. The module is wireless and its a little thing you can put on your key chain. It works at about 15-20ft away. So when he says why don't you have a front plate i am going to tell him to go look at it. Then i will proceeded to complain to that city that I was pulled over for no reason. Don't mess with The F
Now thats is a smart idea...
Old 02-20-12, 09:22 AM
narkotic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mjthind
Now thats is a smart idea...
Hmm.. Just wait for said cop to investigate it a bit closer, and notice this mechanism and figure out how to make your day even worse!

Old 02-20-12, 10:57 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by narkotic
Hmm.. Just wait for said cop to investigate it a bit closer, and notice this mechanism and figure out how to make your day even worse!

Thats the only thing I'm worried about.
Old 02-20-12, 11:26 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I thought about this too...

But my plate would become a "skid plate" since I'm lowered... Might work out for OEM ride height..

Thanks for sharing your video.

Joe Z
Haha so true. I luckily don't need a front plate but always wondering how anyone with a lowered car would be able to use that without it geting ripped off.
Old 02-21-12, 02:42 PM
Dble Agent
Pole Position

Where can I buy one of the units?
Old 02-21-12, 02:48 PM
caco666
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely getting this when the time comes to put a plate. I've specifically requested that no holes get drilled on my front bumper so that I can get a custom mount.

Please let us know how it's working. Any updated review would be appreciated.

Last edited by caco666; 02-21-12 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-21-12, 04:15 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

So now the mount has been on for a few days now and everything is working great. The remote actually works from about 40 to 50 feet away. Its a pretty sweet mount and everyone loves it and thinks its so cool.

To find the web site to order it off of just google search Hide The Plate. On the web site there will be two versions the motorized one, which i have, and a manual one. I would highly recommend the motorized one just so you can screw with people and it looks cool.

I have scraped it on the ground one time on purpose to see how it would hold up and all is good. If you mount it properly I don't see any possibility of the thing coming off. However, Im sure someone on here will find a way to prove me wrong.
Old 02-21-12, 06:00 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Zapa - how is the motorized version powered?

I'm about to order a set of bumper plugs and buy this. I miss living in Florida, land of the plateless bumpers.
Old 02-21-12, 06:07 PM
js619858
Pole Position

Nice! I got the GrimmSpeed Tow Hook and it works great! Should be more like $40 instead of $70 but the tow hook works perfectly but only thing is it's not centered, better than drilling your bumper!
Old 02-21-12, 06:44 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That's pretty cool!
Old 02-21-12, 06:51 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DHRP
Zapa - how is the motorized version powered?

I'm about to order a set of bumper plugs and buy this. I miss living in Florida, land of the plateless bumpers.
The motorized version is powered by what looks like an rc car electric engine but its waterproof and all the good stuff. The install is very easy if you want to see how i did it ill put up pictures.
Old 02-21-12, 08:09 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Ok so it's battery operated and not wired to a power source? They don't give you much detail on their site.
Old 02-21-12, 08:48 PM
djhydro
Driver

Ive had this plate sitting in my trunk and I have been waiting to get this on already.. I was always worried how it would just scrape off but I think its about time I need to get this on.. It is def james bond material
Old 02-21-12, 08:53 PM
djhydro
Driver

Originally Posted by DHRP
Ok so it's battery operated and not wired to a power source? They don't give you much detail on their site.
I think it is connected to the power source.. Correct me if in wrong

Quick Reply: Hide The Plate