IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

So I went in to get my 1000 mile service...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-12, 04:44 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So I went in to get my 1000 mile service...

at Tacoma Lexus at Fife and come out with this.

All they had to do was change the oil and check the fluids. I also had their touch less car wash done. So either it happened when the tech changed the oil or the car wash guys weren't paying attention.
Old 02-04-12, 05:01 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Did you bring it up to them right then and there?
Old 02-04-12, 05:39 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^what he said. I'm interested to know what the dealer said if you brought it to their attention.
Old 02-04-12, 05:55 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I would be requesting a new wheel/tire and an alignment ... + a free oil change at 6k. *****es..
Old 02-04-12, 06:17 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

I called and spoke with the service rep and told him about my discovery. He said he would forward this to his service manager. I called back and spoke with the general manager and told him of the issue so management is aware. I also emailed the service manager and the general manager with the above pics. I will be getting a call on monday from them and hopefully get this taken care of.

I noticed it after I got home and was cleaning the windows. After the wash at the dealer they left water spots on the windows which drives me nuts. So I went around the car and was cleaning them and looked down to notice the rip in the tire. Since I was standing so close to the car the lip in the tire actually blocked the rash on the wheel. when I took a knee for a closer look is when I seen the damage. I wanted to go back right then and there and show it to them. I called instead. I am going to be getting this taken care of regardless. I did not buy this car from this dealer, but they are the closest to where I live. I am HOT over this!
Old 02-04-12, 06:26 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Riverside Lexus (Calif) has a tech inspect every car brought in for service. They note anything unusual with the car in writing and have the customer inspect the car once service has been completed. You might want to use them for reference if they are looking to be difficult. Good luck.
Old 02-04-12, 07:20 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks to see that with your car being so new. But they should take care of it without an issue.
Old 02-04-12, 07:28 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Ouch...!!!

They may have clipped the rack/lift arm while pulling it into the service bay..

You may want to also check your jacking points under the car.. I'm interested to see how the Tech handled that..!!

Joe Z
Old 02-04-12, 07:40 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Ouch...!!!

They may have clipped the rack/lift arm while pulling it into the service bay..

You may want to also check your jacking points under the car.. I'm interested to see how the Tech handled that..!!

Joe Z
After speaking with the service rep and the GM they both said that the car didn't need to be on a lift for the 1k service since it was just an oil change and inspection. Seems like they were trying to give themselves an out. But either way, the car has 950 miles on it and it suddenly has this curb rash. I do not have to deal with curbs like this on a regular basis. I park in a garage at home and park in an open lot at work. If I do have to parallel park I am super careful and extra vigilant in making sure not to scuff my $2000 wheels.
Old 02-04-12, 07:45 PM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

what a careless eff up, I had the somewhat of the same type of deal happen with my old Evo X...I took it in for oil change & they somehow managed to punch a quarter sized hole in the front bumper cuz the retard hit the rack pulling it in. They did take care of it but I saw it even before I even left.

The only 'bad' thing about dealer oil changes is 95% of the time they have some kid as lube jockey instead of a actual technician working on the car...kid sees a nice ride & wants to rip it in the lot & in the garage aka carelessness. Same thing the past 3x ive waited on a oil change at Cadillac for them to do a oil change on my V, it has a full exhaust & I hear them rev the crap out of it in the garage EVERY time they've pulled it in...doesnt really bother me as I never get to hear it outside the car much & it does sound nice lol but if they eff something up, totally different story!
Old 02-04-12, 07:54 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ILowNslowI
what a careless eff up, I had the somewhat of the same type of deal happen with my old Evo X...I took it in for oil change & they somehow managed to punch a quarter sized hole in the front bumper cuz the retard hit the rack pulling it in. They did take care of it but I saw it even before I even left.

The only 'bad' thing about dealer oil changes is 95% of the time they have some kid as lube jockey instead of a actual technician working on the car...kid sees a nice ride & wants to rip it in the lot & in the garage aka carelessness. Same thing the past 3x ive waited on a oil change at Cadillac for them to do a oil change on my V, it has a full exhaust & I hear them rev the crap out of it in the garage EVERY time they've pulled it in...doesnt really bother me as I never get to hear it outside the car much & it does sound nice lol but if they eff something up, totally different story!
I understand completely! I used to get the same thing a while back when I had a loud competition stereo in my old car. The tech would pull the car in the garage and bump my stereo in the garage. It would bother me to know that they are blasting my stereo and being careless with it. That and this thread is the reason I do my OWN MAINTENANCE! tire rotations, oil changes and car washes. I know I will do the best possible job on my car. No one else cares as much about my car as I do!
Old 02-04-12, 08:04 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ILowNslowI

Unfortunately, it seems as though some Mitsu dealerships (at least in Socal) have better reputation for service than Lexus dealerships in Socal.

Its obvious why, a lot of the Evo guys especially the early ones clearly established how particular they were about how their Evo should be handled. I was one of them. All Mitsu dealerships that began being more mindful, are still around today. Any of them that did not, are no longer around today, or are busy having to service Galants, newer eclipses, or any of the other cars Mitsu likes to try to sell.

Unfortunately, Lexus's base is older people, who just want their car to be clean, quiet and have a pretty waiting area with wifi... otherwise, it is rare for them to care about wheel blemishes and things like that so most dealerships do not take that sort of care with these cars.

With time, they will see that if they plan on selling performance cars, they better start having techs and service writers be more respectful of enthusiasts or over time, those dealerships will lose out too. (unfortunately, the sales/lease of rest of the lineup will make up for the loss of the performance car buyers... oh well Back to an Evo I go lol
Old 02-04-12, 08:37 PM
xjason
Driver

Another reason as to why I'm afraid to take my car to the dealership. Some guys are careless.
Old 02-04-12, 08:56 PM
lukeisf
Driver

I stopped going to Lexus of tacoma for service after I had headers and exhaust and could hear them in the waiting room reving the **** out off my car. This is very alarming to me because I also had an incident with my rim and they told me prove it was them.
Old 02-04-12, 09:00 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingkrs
After speaking with the service rep and the GM they both said that the car didn't need to be on a lift for the 1k service since it was just an oil change and inspection. Seems like they were trying to give themselves an out. But either way, the car has 950 miles on it and it suddenly has this curb rash. I do not have to deal with curbs like this on a regular basis. I park in a garage at home and park in an open lot at work. If I do have to parallel park I am super careful and extra vigilant in making sure not to scuff my $2000 wheels.
Um...they throw your car on the lift to do an oil change.

Take this as a lesson learned..you will have to walk around the car with the Service Writer before and After you take hold of your car.

They do sell some touch up paint.....Sewell sells it, or you can get the color code from the information here on the forums.

Quick Reply: So I went in to get my 1000 mile service...