IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

So I went in to get my 1000 mile service...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-12, 09:29 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ no not necessarily. My Lexus dealership doesn't put the cars on the lift to change the oil. They have like 5 bays that have pits in them. The lube guys change the oil from underneath the car in the pit. There is no lift involved at all.
Old 02-04-12, 09:57 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Um...they throw your car on the lift to do an oil change.

Take this as a lesson learned..you will have to walk around the car with the Service Writer before and After you take hold of your car.

They do sell some touch up paint.....Sewell sells it, or you can get the color code from the information here on the forums.
Umm I do have that touch up paint that they sell on Sewell. It does not match. There is a thread on here discussing that with pictures that I have posted.

The car has 900 miles on it with no issues like this before I brought it in for the service. If they do not handle this like I hope they do, it will go higher and higher until I get some resolution!
Old 02-04-12, 10:56 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Thanks for posting this. My dealer always does a walk around when I drop off the car. After reading this, when doing the walk around, I will have the guy inspect the wheels carefully and write down their condition on the check sheet and then I'll check them before I drive off after the service.
Old 02-05-12, 08:58 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lukeisf
I stopped going to Lexus of tacoma for service after I had headers and exhaust and could hear them in the waiting room reving the **** out off my car. This is very alarming to me because I also had an incident with my rim and they told me prove it was them.
I had a similiar experience after getting my headers at the independent service shop I had them installed at... one of my wheels was scratched and they were like "I don't see how it's possible that we did it".... (in the three days they had my car for header install) after lots of arguing about it and me staying firm that it was not there before I dropped it off, they finally agreed to get it fixed..... a wheel repair place that I had previsouly used to refinished a damaged F wheel from an accident did the work and it is perfect... can't find the scratch and matches...
THEN I recently took my car to the dealer to have the TPMS sensors programed to the car on my '08winter wheel/tire setup and they somehow managed to chip the paint in 4 spots on 2 of my wheels that I had just spent $900 getting refinished..... They don't even have to touch the wheels to do this!!!! So I'm like "WTF!! " when i pick up my car.... they have agreed to get them refinished (i'm waiting till spring and when the wheels are off the car as they wanted my car for a week to do the job.... yeah right!!!)

Originally Posted by Kingkrs
Umm I do have that touch up paint that they sell on Sewell. It does not match. There is a thread on here discussing that with pictures that I have posted.

The car has 900 miles on it with no issues like this before I brought it in for the service. If they do not handle this like I hope they do, it will go higher and higher until I get some resolution!
I agree, that paint does not match in my experience either..... I don't understand why Lexus doesn't do right by us and make the exact color of paint available to us.... again.. "WTF???"
Stay resolute and MAKE them take care of the issue.... "NEVER GIVE UP!!" lol
Old 02-05-12, 05:16 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Very strange...i have never seen a "pit" in any lexus, toyota, honda, acura or gm dealership...but im in northern chicago area.

Good luck getting,your wheels fixed!
Old 02-05-12, 05:49 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really "strange", very common here. No reason to have to put a car on a lift just for an oil change.
Old 02-05-12, 07:02 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I also got a bad vibe from Lexus of Tacoma. I will not go back there again. Sorry about your troubles, let us know how it goes.
Old 02-05-12, 07:31 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

I got a small nick in my wheel from the dealer car wash....on the left side of the car wash there is a track that the left wheel lines into and I know it happened there, careless. I was getting the 9LG pedal update. It didnt chip the paint but rather put an impression into the lip of the rim, there are hard plastic guides. FML
Old 02-05-12, 07:33 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Not really "strange", very common here. No reason to have to put a car on a lift just for an oil change.
If they don't have an oil change pit to drive over, the car must be raised in the air to drain the oil.
Old 02-05-12, 09:55 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I ALWAYS tell them NOT to wash my car. I'm glad that the technician at my local dealer (Orange Park Brumos) is a friend and he looks out for the car when it's in there...
Old 02-05-12, 10:05 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

if you look closely at the pics I posted you can tell by the way the tear is in the tire that it happened while backing up. I am supposed to be getting a call tomorrow about this and I will most likely be making the trip out there to show them and figure out a solution.
Old 02-06-12, 07:25 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This has happened to me before at my dealer when I had my IS350. They disagreed that they scuffed the rim, but agreed to fix it. They wanted to make it right and asked me what would make me happy, even if it meant repainting the whole wheel. Since the scuff was real small, I just asked for a free oil change. They also made a small scuff on the rim in my F on the 5000 mile service. I just used the rim touch up paint from Sewell. It did not match exactly, but was close enough to make it look better. All together with my 3 IS's (250, 350, and F) I think this has happened about 4 or 5 times (only 1 was was big enough to complain about). All but one have been the left front wheel. I just about narrowed it down to the car wash system. But who knows.
Old 02-06-12, 08:25 AM
FOVFR421
Rookie

Default I have that same scratch

I actually bought my 2008 IS-F and found that it had that very same type of scratch on the rear drivers side tire. It was done before I made the purchase, so I don't know the circumstances behind it, but if it was caused by a lift or something, I surely want to be careful with it in the future. I had just assumed that the previous owner had hit a curb.
Old 02-06-12, 03:39 PM
ObsidianF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TerrySmith
Thanks for posting this. My dealer always does a walk around when I drop off the car. After reading this, when doing the walk around, I will have the guy inspect the wheels carefully and write down their condition on the check sheet and then I'll check them before I drive off after the service.
This was always done when I dropped off my car at the dealership as well. I had them do the complimentary 10,000 mile service back in August 2009. The next morning, I noticed some damage to the lower portion of the front bumper on the passenger side.

After dropping the kids off for school, I passed by the dealer (on my way to work) and pointed the damage out to them. It was clearly snagged on a curb. I described where the vehicle was parked when I picked it up the day before. They said that they could not have done it as they always “backed” the cars into the spaces. I told them the car was parked “head in”. They pulled up the “walk around” details and since the damage wasn't noted on it, they agreed to repair it and provided me with a ride to work. I had advised them that the entire front bumper was wrapped in Paint Protective Film. They removed the film, repaired the damage, and agreed to have the same shop that originally installed the film re-apply it and send them the invoice.
Once repairs were made, I drove my car to Premier and had them apply film, and invoice the Lexus dealer. All was made right. It was just a hassle…
Old 02-06-12, 06:05 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Default **update**

I went in and spoke with the service manager today and he was more than helpful. He looked at it and was not sure how it could have happened. He is going to have the wheel repaired on Wednesday. I just hope nothing new happens when this gets fixed. I suppose it helped a bit showing up in uniform

So far I am pleased with their response. I will post pics of the repair job once I get it back.

Quick Reply: So I went in to get my 1000 mile service...