IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 02:02 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope the GS-F is built but when I see it I will believe it.
Old 02-07-12, 06:30 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw it on Saturday when I picked up an accessory for the F.

It is a different machine. The front fascia and the rear are improvements in my opinion. The cabin design is drastically different. They eliminated the touch screen and integrated a large screen that is controlled by a fixed mouse. I understand this was an attempt to reduce cost of replacing the precious touch screens and provide a more expansive computer display.

The performance metrics, to my knowledge, are about the same: 306 HP, 5.7 0-60 with a top speed of 140. However, the body rigidity has been increased by 14 % and the track is 2 inches wider.

I have not driven it.

2012 ISF
Rural PA
Old 02-07-12, 06:32 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apologies folks, it was the notorious GS-F Sport that I saw.

2012 ISF
Rural PA
Old 02-08-12, 09:33 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
there is no definite. in fact if you look through all the interviews and such on the 4gs, they said there is no definite plans on v8 / gsf yet i believe
I really do have my fingers crossed as I love Lexus vehicles but they just need a broader range of performance cars to compete. I'm sure I'm not the only one who shops for sport SUV's or larger sport sedans and right now they have a huge VOID to fill in their line-up.

The "F-sport" brand is mainly for those folks that just want a badge, aka clueless about actual performance in my humble opinion.

The main reason I started this thread is to see if current IS-F owners are thinking to upgrade to the larger/faster car "IF" Lexus ever builds it. As for the engine specs, I can always hope they get the green light and build a car with 550+ hp (V8, V10, forced induction is all ok)
Old 02-08-12, 10:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
I really do have my fingers crossed as I love Lexus vehicles but they just need a broader range of performance cars to compete. I'm sure I'm not the only one who shops for sport SUV's or larger sport sedans and right now they have a huge VOID to fill in their line-up.

The "F-sport" brand is mainly for those folks that just want a badge, aka clueless about actual performance in my humble opinion.

The main reason I started this thread is to see if current IS-F owners are thinking to upgrade to the larger/faster car "IF" Lexus ever builds it. As for the engine specs, I can always hope they get the green light and build a car with 550+ hp (V8, V10, forced induction is all ok)
they need time to ramp up. at least they started the isf and then lfa, so i guess in due time it will trigger down to different models. though, of course, the fact that they only have gs350 and not even a v8 version is a huge let down.

i can't really agree on the fsport version. have you driven the car? i haven't, but most people and reviews i have seen, suspension everything is improved and the car handles a lot better. of course on the power performance it's the same.

to me it's the same as msport for bmw. it doesn't get you to the m, but it's a boost on performance without paying that extra 20k
Old 02-08-12, 10:22 AM
caco666
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

After seeing the 2013 GS350 F-Sport, I am more or less waiting for the 2013 ISF to come around. I most likely will have to wait another year until I get it.
Old 02-08-12, 12:32 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Personally, I still do not care for the "F" badging at all. I'm totally cool with people upgrading parts on their Lexus vehicles w/ F-Sport parts because I think they look fantastic. However, slapping an F badge on the car provides a misrepresentation of what true F performance is. That's my opinion anyways. :-)
Old 02-08-12, 01:28 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadog99
There will always be a battle between True F and F sport. I consider us as the OG F. MMMMM intersting plate ideas.

ONLY1F
Hmmm I like that plate---its like old skool High Lander movies ---"There can be only ONE!"
Yeah There is only one true F

the F-sport is just a "parts bag" to have people reach deep their pockets to mod their cars from Lexus so an owner doesnt have to worry about hassle when he/she is modded using dealer installed F-sport products
A smart move by the manufacturer to get in on the aftermarket parts thing.

But there is only a true F and its much more than just an intake, exhaust, brakes, wheels, springs and such
Its a an Engine Swap, Tranny swap, suspension swap, seats swap, body panels, hood, etc etc etc.
No disrespect to any F -Sport owners - I owned a 350 (didnt do an F-Sport package on it) but did mod it a bit....its a fast car, but it is in no way an F.
and I'm not talking 0-60 or 1/4mile times....Im talking about that endless power that 5.0 gives you when your already doing 80MPH and floor it and can hit 140 like its nothing - the only thing a IS250/350 Fsport would see at that point is my tail lights fading away into the distance.

So GS-F - there is no such thing...(YET).....GS-Fsport may look nice just doesnt put it in the F catagory- truly
Old 02-08-12, 02:23 PM
RaceSC300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
There will not be a GS-F. it would end up costing $20k more than an M5 so there is no point.. All there is going to be is a GS F Sport.
So, the ISF is about $10,000 cheaper than an M3 Sedan (Canadian pricing) and Lexus knows that pricing is one of it's strengths, but they will make the GSF cost $20,000 more than an M5?

Wild speculation for or against the car does nothing but get people angry or create wild expectations.

I would love to see a GSF. a Supercharged or turbocharged 5.0L or 5.5L would do the trick in terms of power. The suspension developement and body modifications already seems on track with the GS F-Sport. I think it is closer to reality than some may think. But then again it could come within inches of production and the winds could change cancelling the whole thing.
Old 02-08-12, 05:16 PM
VSL-F
Driver

I drove a GS F-sport last night at the unveiling at Sewell Lexus in Dallas. I'm definitely not in love with the exterior looks, but the interior upgrades are pretty nice, especially the navigation screen. As far as performance, it is what it is for the V-6. The car has a sport and sport-plus mode which really tightens the suspension, and overall the handling was pretty good. Not to mention the F-sport version comes with 235 front tires and 265 rears, something I wish my F came standard with. I would never consider buying this car though unless it had a V-8 or V-10.
Old 02-08-12, 06:43 PM
mercurymet
Driver

I like the GS F sport looks.

What I really like is that they have a two piece rotor to reduce unsprung weight. But for the GS F sport? (poseur F) They should have that for the ISF.
Old 02-09-12, 07:36 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
Hmmm I like that plate---its like old skool High Lander movies ---"There can be only ONE!"
Yeah There is only one true F

the F-sport is just a "parts bag" to have people reach deep their pockets to mod their cars from Lexus so an owner doesnt have to worry about hassle when he/she is modded using dealer installed F-sport products
A smart move by the manufacturer to get in on the aftermarket parts thing.

But there is only a true F and its much more than just an intake, exhaust, brakes, wheels, springs and such
Its a an Engine Swap, Tranny swap, suspension swap, seats swap, body panels, hood, etc etc etc.
No disrespect to any F -Sport owners - I owned a 350 (didnt do an F-Sport package on it) but did mod it a bit....its a fast car, but it is in no way an F.
and I'm not talking 0-60 or 1/4mile times....Im talking about that endless power that 5.0 gives you when your already doing 80MPH and floor it and can hit 140 like its nothing - the only thing a IS250/350 Fsport would see at that point is my tail lights fading away into the distance.
absolute BINGO!
Old 09-24-12, 10:13 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I believe (fingers crossed) that Lexus is serious about expanding the F performance line. We will see a GS F as well as a second generation IS F. There are coupes in the works too. It's going to be an exciting couple of years!
Old 09-25-12, 07:29 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't wait any longer Lexus!

I drove the new M5 and disappointed with it's exterior looks so most likely going to get a Panamera GTS later this year - for those of you who have not driven or seen this car, it's a masterpiece!

(yes I know it's $100k+ so not really an IS-F competitor but it does everything the IS-F does, just better and with more precision and power. The interior still only seats 4 but with the fold down rear seats, it turns into a huge SUV like rear which I love.

oh well....we already have enough Lexus vehicles in our household right now (x3)
Old 09-25-12, 08:38 AM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by s4play
Can't wait any longer Lexus!

I drove the new M5 and disappointed with it's exterior looks so most likely going to get a Panamera GTS later this year - for those of you who have not driven or seen this car, it's a masterpiece!

(yes I know it's $100k+ so not really an IS-F competitor but it does everything the IS-F does, just better and with more precision and power. The interior still only seats 4 but with the fold down rear seats, it turns into a huge SUV like rear which I love.

oh well....we already have enough Lexus vehicles in our household right now (x3)
good choice! when the panamera first debuted I thought it was hideous but man did it grow on me. hope to get into one after i move on from the F.

Quick Reply: Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?