IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-12, 08:17 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure Lexus went to great lengths to put the ISF through rigorous testing and many many stages of R&D before releasing BBS forged wheels, Brembo forged brakes or things of that sort. So IMO it doesn't make sense for me to change out these stock parts, which have been tested extensively. Is the ISF a "modified" IS? You could say that. Why would you change out stock parts when Lexus has already included extensively tested components? But like others have said, it's subjective. This is my opinion. I guess that's also why many Toyota/Lexus gurus on this forum track their cars stock.

Had to give my 2 cents there....now onto the GS-F....it's all speculation at this point. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 09-27-12, 08:50 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Haha, it is funny how even the most tame topic can devolve into a "modders" vs. "keep it stock" debate. There is no right answer. One of the things we get to decide when we plop down however much money to purchase the car is whether or not we want to change anything about it. Some changes make performance better, some make it worse, and others are simply just for a subjective aesthetic value. The only thing I have an issue with are those people that modify something and then try to scam Lexus into a repair when it is obvious that the mod caused the failure. Other than that, do what you like.
Old 09-28-12, 12:30 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I'm sure Lexus went to great lengths to put the ISF through rigorous testing and many many stages of R&D before releasing BBS forged wheels, Brembo forged brakes or things of that sort. So IMO it doesn't make sense for me to change out these stock parts, which have been tested extensively. Is the ISF a "modified" IS? You could say that. Why would you change out stock parts when Lexus has already included extensively tested components? But like others have said, it's subjective. This is my opinion. I guess that's also why many Toyota/Lexus gurus on this forum track their cars stock.

Had to give my 2 cents there....now onto the GS-F....it's all speculation at this point. I'll believe it when I see it.
Yep, and I feel exactly the same with this. When I used to have a Honda Civic Si, replacing the suspension made a world of a difference. Even if I didn't go to the track, I know that the difference is there minimizing body roll, things being more responsive. etc. It's such a huge difference.

However, in the IS F, I don't know if spending $2000+ on KW coilovers would make that big of a difference with respect to what the car already has plus my abilities as a driver. Yes, the IS F and Civic are completely different cars, but I know for damn sure that I don't have the driving skills to push this car to the limit the way it was built from the factory and say "yeah, If i replace the suspension, the car would handle that much better and I can make a faster lap time"

But I think that Lexus if they do bring out the GS F, you can bet it's gonna have a lot of go fast goodies. You can already see that the GS350 F Sport has 2 piece rotors, adjustable suspension. GS F will have the same, but everything will be kicked up a notch. What engine and what transmission they put in it will be what makes the car.

I mean the thing is, who here likes the current GS 350 F Sport? You can bet it's going to look the same, with a different type of aggressive front bumper that you find on current GS F Sport, and a revised rear bumper as well. I just really don't see Toyota putting in a turbo engine, but going to a big V10 is out of the question. I suspect it will be a new V8...count on at least 450hp. Next generation IS F I'm guessing will maybe have 430hp. I don't think Toyota will go big like AMG and M.
Old 06-11-14, 08:12 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's only been a few years since I started this thread but I think now there is actually something to talk about with rumors the GS-F is coming for sure....

I sure hope this is true
Old 06-11-14, 09:11 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
What GS-F ?? !!!

~ Joe Z
Here's some information:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...py-photos-news

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...f-6_600x0w.jpg
Old 06-11-14, 09:15 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They spotted it the first time in Japan, then at the Ring, spotted in Germany again, and most recently seen in Arizona. So we kind of know it is coming sooner or later.

Honestly being someone who used have an IS-F('08 and '11) in my household (my older bro's) and always driving them and having access to them. He moved on to 'a 12 CLS63 a couple years back. I would love to see a GS-F, I'll probably buy one because driving two SUV's all the time I'm starting to get the E63s itch and I'm only waiting because I want a Lexus, lol. I hope it has at least 500hp, I want something that I can smoke a M5 at the stoplights. Plus it'll probably be the first car that'll suit my age. Overall I'm exited to buy and see Lexus enter the high horsepower full-size sedan market for the first the time. I nearly pulled the trigger on a '14 GS350 F-Sport when I went to go service the RX, controlled my impulse because I knew i wold trade it the a GS-F as soon as it would be released for sale in the US.

Last edited by MjThind; 06-11-14 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-12-14, 04:07 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a GS-F would be much heavier than the IS-F, less nimble, and slower in acceleration. Not interested.
Old 06-12-14, 06:47 AM
vbb

I fear it'll also be far more money than I'm interested in spending on a car. With the RC-F coming in the mid to low $70K range I'm sure the GS-F is going to be mid $80Ks, if not approaching $90K. Perhaps when lower mileage ones start coming available for the $60K range I can take a look.
Old 06-12-14, 06:49 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Extra article from the side of the first C&D link.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/2015-le...0-hp-plus-v-8/
Old 06-12-14, 06:54 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I fear it'll also be far more money than I'm interested in spending on a car. With the RC-F coming in the mid to low $70K range I'm sure the GS-F is going to be mid $80Ks, if not approaching $90K. Perhaps when lower mileage ones start coming available for the $60K range I can take a look.
Pricing will be key here, IMO. The M5 and e63 AMG both start in the low $90s while the S6 begins in the low-mid $70s. With 100 fewer ponies than the M5 and AMG, a few more than the S6, and generally more standard luxuries than the others, I believe ~$80k should be the starting point.
Old 06-12-14, 08:26 AM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Theres alot of rumours that have resurfaced with the gsf
even from some of my friends in japan
latest being v8 twinturbo learnt and tried on the tmg650
Around 470kw.which is around 630hp
They are gunning the m5 e63 crown
kinda make sense as the gs out handles the 5 and the current e class
so.the chassis dynamics are good enough y not aim for the top
Old 08-12-14, 12:09 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Bump. With GS F being announced in January at NAIAS, let the rampant speculation begin!
Old 08-12-14, 02:38 PM
vbb

With the RCF coming in around $75k with good options, the GSF is going to be reeeallly expensive, I fear. I'm guess around $90k.

Still glad they're making it though!
Old 08-12-14, 06:32 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
With the RCF coming in around $75k with good options, the GSF is going to be reeeallly expensive, I fear. I'm guess around $90k.

Still glad they're making it though!
I don't think it will be that much, there are other cars with alot more HP in the same price range. That's reaching into E63 AMG territory, and the 2014 model is pushing 550 HP.
Old 08-13-14, 08:49 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

maybe $75 - $85k, my guess. it'll be more than the RC F but not by too much, esp if they put the same power plant in the GS F. in any event, i'm super excited about this car.

Quick Reply: Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?