IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Premier Protective Films: Clear Bra Application

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-12, 10:46 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Premier Protective Films: Clear Bra Application

When I first got the car in May of 2009 I made the mistake of letting a 3M "professional installer" install a clear bra on my car, which not only was one of the worst experiences I've had but the film had stretch marks, misalignments, gaps, and bubbles. Unfortunately I realized these mistakes about a year ago since I just started really getting into cars and the lifestyle.

Two weeks ago I headed to Premier Films in Orange, Ca to have my front bumper and full hood clear bra'ed and they really do pay super close attention to detail and know exactly what they are doing. If you guys never heard of Premier they are known as one of the best if not the best film installers out there. They have done more exotics than any company I have researched and pay very close attention to detail. It took around 5-6 hours for them to install the clear bra and could not be any happier. They also offer a lifetime warranty. I uploaded pictures for everyone and even enjoyed their waiting room with wifi and Direct TV. Here is a link if anyone wants to check out their facilities: http://premiermobilegroup.com/

Really wish I went to these guys the first time around. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Premier Protective Films: Clear Bra Application-premier-0.jpg   Premier Protective Films: Clear Bra Application-premier-1.jpg   Premier Protective Films: Clear Bra Application-premier-2.jpg   Premier Protective Films: Clear Bra Application-premier-3.jpg   Premier Protective Films: Clear Bra Application-premier-4.jpg  

Old 01-18-12, 10:48 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For how our car is shaped, I am amazed at the precision of the install.
Attached Thumbnails Premier Protective Films: Clear Bra Application-premier-5.jpg   Premier Protective Films: Clear Bra Application-clear-bra-1.jpg  
Old 01-18-12, 11:15 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, I am in love with your car

Those wheels look gorgeous on that color IS-F

Glad you finally got a good clear bra done too. I hate it when I see a badly installed clear bra!
Old 01-19-12, 05:54 AM
ObsidianF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agreed

I have Obsidian and had my car done by Premier about two years ago. I went with the custom cut as opposed to the pre-cut. Full hood, front fenders, bumper, side mirrors, headlights, fogs, and part of the rocker panel that overlaps the front fenders. I also had them ceramic tint all my windows except the windshield. Since I am in Northern CA, I went to the shop they have in Fremont. You weren't kidding about their clientele. Every time I went by their shop, they had some really high end/exotic cars in the stalls and lifts. Top notch work. Going on three years since the job and couldn't be happier. I have to tell most people that there was clear bra on the car because it's not obvious. The edges of the film are either rolled around the edges or continue under the headlights, grille surround, etc... I had to go full hood since the car is black and I wouldn't have been able to stand the inevitable "line" that would show up if I had opted for partial hood coverage.
Old 01-19-12, 07:24 AM
Valkirk
Driver

I've often wondered with the relative fragility of modern paints why the manufactures don't do this on new cars as standard, even as far as doing the whole car for protection. Does it have a limited lifespan or other drawbacks?
Old 01-19-12, 12:58 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I've wondered why the manufacturers don't offer just one base color - black or white - then sell you a color when you purchase the car so you can decide what color you want on top of the base, and change it by stripping the film, replacing it, and all without a complete respray at any time with the only concern being having a good installer.
Old 01-19-12, 09:29 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HEWITT
When I first got the car in May of 2009 I made the mistake of letting a 3M "professional installer" install a clear bra on my car, which not only was one of the worst experiences I've had but the film had stretch marks, misalignments, gaps, and bubbles. Unfortunately I realized these mistakes about a year ago since I just started really getting into cars and the lifestyle.

Two weeks ago I headed to Premier Films in Orange, Ca to have my front bumper and full hood clear bra'ed and they really do pay super close attention to detail and know exactly what they are doing. If you guys never heard of Premier they are known as one of the best if not the best film installers out there. They have done more exotics than any company I have researched and pay very close attention to detail. It took around 5-6 hours for them to install the clear bra and could not be any happier. They also offer a lifetime warranty. I uploaded pictures for everyone and even enjoyed their waiting room with wifi and Direct TV. Here is a link if anyone wants to check out their facilities: http://premiermobilegroup.com/

Really wish I went to these guys the first time around. Enjoy.
These guys are the best. Had Premier do my car as well right after I took delivery. It turned out so well, I decided I would have it done to any new car I may purchase in the future or any resprays I may have done.
Old 01-21-12, 11:29 PM
LOISF
Driver

Originally Posted by HEWITT
For how our car is shaped, I am amazed at the precision of the install.
GORGEOUS!!

I have heard of Premier through Luxury4Play. I didnt realize how those lil scratches easily come about (my Lexus is the first car I ever cared about - never paid attention to prior cars lol) and at the time I got my car didnt know about products like protection film. I befriended them on FB and I'm definitely hitting them up with my next Lexus!
Old 01-22-12, 07:06 AM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

Nice set up! Loving the drop & wheels
Old 01-22-12, 09:08 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey I used to live in that area! lol
Old 01-25-12, 12:33 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks perfect man. i would like to go there someday.
Old 01-25-12, 12:35 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the best investments I have made would be the 3M clear bra. I have had these installed on 5 of our cars since 2006. Even the car that I had it installe back in 06, still looks new and only has maybe a couple rock chips.