IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

KWV3 problem, help plz!

Old 07-24-12, 06:52 PM
CrzKush
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KWV3 problem, help plz!

About a week ago I had my KW's installed. every things was lined up evenly but just few days ago I notice one side is slanted now. One is a half inch higher then the other on my rears. Does any one have this problem? or is there a way i can fix this? I try fixing it by turning the slanted side all the way down and bring it back even with the other side but the problem still occurs.
Old 07-24-12, 07:48 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

just adjust the height on the coilovers.
Old 07-24-12, 09:12 PM
CrzKush
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
just adjust the height on the coilovers.
Yeah thats what i did, I adjusted the slanted side and try to even with the other but still off. Does this have to do anything the a justing the soft and hard ride? I haven't touch that part in the beginning before installation.
Old 07-24-12, 09:28 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm it should even out if you raised up the lower side. Maybe take some quick pics and show us whats going on. But no it should not have anything to do with the dampening settings.
Old 07-24-12, 11:27 PM
zmw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you don't have any weird noises, clunking or anything else weird, it's probably just the coil overs settling - fairly common to drop anywhere from 1/4-3/4 of an inch AFTER - especially on NEW coil overs.

Just adjust the height, also if you haven't gotten a proper alignment wait until you are done with the settling, then take it to a good performance alignment shop and have it properly aligned, corner balanced if you're REALLY particular.
Old 07-25-12, 07:02 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CrzKush
Yeah thats what i did, I adjusted the slanted side and try to even with the other but still off. Does this have to do anything the a justing the soft and hard ride? I haven't touch that part in the beginning before installation.
when you are making adjustments, how are u making your measurements and where do you measure it from?
Old 07-25-12, 08:01 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like something came loose from the install. Jack it up and look underneath, look at all the connection points. Have not experience this from my V3s.
Old 07-25-12, 10:16 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,835 Likes on 2,324 Posts

Did the installer loosen all the bushings, set ride height, then tighten all the bushings with the car at the new normal ride height? If they didn't do that, you're seeing the bushing deteriorate.

BTW, springs don't "settle." They sag over time, but they don't settle. Bushings are the usual culprits for what people call settling because most installers don't reset the bushings to the new ride height, then the bushings start breaking down and the car's ride height changes.
Old 07-25-12, 05:38 PM
CrzKush
Driver School Candidate

thanks guy I'll have the person who installed take a look over again. I will take a picture after i get one of my wheels back from repairing. Some idiot who i thought was a pro removing my tire to patch up a nail in it, end up messing up the edge of my rim, putting several dents and scratches on it which i just recent got these wheels. fml