Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice, i think i may upgrade soon !
Old 01-13-12, 11:13 AM
joe0057
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kingkrs
Thats right. I loved my 08 but I wanted the newer model year with less miles. I ended up getting a pretty good deal for a new 2011. I did my research and it took about 2 months for me to secure this beauty. The 2011 sat on the lot since August so I knew that they wanted to get rid of it sooner rather than later.

After it is all said and done I got her for 59k plus 1k loyalty and 750 military rebate. bringing it to 57250. I must say that I am impressed with the new ride over the 08. Here are some of the things that I notice after having it for a day.

Suspension is much improved over the 08 and the wife agrees!
new instrument cluster will take some getting used to but is ok
car seems to be hard to judge speed. I look down at speedo and have to slow down
handling/steering is more responsive
new Navi and bluetooth audio streaming/USB interface/Sat radio. my 08 didn't have most of that
I like the new wheels
I like the LED's I see people doing double takes cause the LED's catch their attention
New Car Smell

other than that the power and tranny are still awesome.

I went from Mercury Metallic to Smokey Granite. How difficult is keeping the SGM clean compared to Obsidian?

I will post up some more pics later since it is raining today.
what was the tax in your area?
Old 01-13-12, 06:23 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Sales tax on this sale came to about 2K. Which wasn't bad considering the vehicle price.
Old 01-15-12, 09:57 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's 10% in WA state.

nice pick-up. my fav color. the 11 is miles better than pre. the new tach is an absolute improvement as are the LEDs for looks and the real LSD for turns. kudos to lexus' F dept.

if it were mine, i'd store the stock wheels and get some 20" HRE590Rs shod with michelin super sports lowered with a hq adjustable coilover. it'll look/drive 1000000x better.

drive safe!
Old 02-02-12, 12:31 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Well this thread got me thinking about all the great upgrades the 2011 models have, and in doing so I started looking around at 2011 models. As a result I will be picking up my 2011 USB this Saturday. As I stated above in one of the comments, I am not a huge fan of the tach, but I think the rest of the upgrades, and the fact blue was always my number on choice, will make it very much worth it. I will post up some pictures and impressions of the new setup sometime Sunday most likely.

Cheers
Old 02-02-12, 04:09 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

More power to the OP for posting his tach!!!
Old 02-02-12, 04:13 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

At first I didn't like the new tach but after someone pointed out the digital MPH in the tach area, I came to think it's great. I like that you have a big tach but also have an easily readable speed right there.

Does the tranny feel the same in the newer car? Have any changes been made to it over the years?
Old 02-02-12, 05:59 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Well this thread got me thinking about all the great upgrades the 2011 models have, and in doing so I started looking around at 2011 models. As a result I will be picking up my 2011 USB this Saturday. As I stated above in one of the comments, I am not a huge fan of the tach, but I think the rest of the upgrades, and the fact blue was always my number on choice, will make it very much worth it. I will post up some pictures and impressions of the new setup sometime Sunday most likely.

Cheers
The new tach will grow on you. Not to worry.

Originally Posted by anxiouz
At first I didn't like the new tach but after someone pointed out the digital MPH in the tach area, I came to think it's great. I like that you have a big tach but also have an easily readable speed right there.

Does the tranny feel the same in the newer car? Have any changes been made to it over the years?
Engine and tranny are the same. One thing I noticed while getting on the same on ramp as I did with my 08 is that while in normal mode it is quicker to go through the gears. In the 08 it would take a second or two before the RPMs would get up there and vehicle speed. That also may be attributed to the ECU.

Just an observation.

Oh yeah I still have new car smell every time I get inside.
Old 02-02-12, 06:48 PM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

love the new cluster! congrats on the upgrade
Old 02-04-12, 06:34 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Would the stock suspension, springs/struts, on the 2011 be a direct swap for the 2008-2010 models? I would assume so, just wondering if I missed someone already covering it. Looking for an 08 or 09 model and maybe try and snag some stock 2011 parts for cheaper than aftermarket coilovers. I know I still wouldn't have the LSD. Thoughts?

Beautiful car by the way! Looking at either mercury metallic or SGM myself.
Old 02-04-12, 06:44 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrat !
what is the total otd price? I try to update one sometimes.
cheers.
Old 02-04-12, 06:52 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

I am also liking the Alcantara seats better than the all leather. It seems to hold you in place a bit better and makes for a softer ride. We'll see over time how it holds up to wear and how it holds smells etc.

I am good to my vehicles so I know it will be ok for the next owner.
Old 02-04-12, 06:53 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISF350
congrat !
what is the total otd price? I try to update one sometimes.
cheers.
total selling price was 57250 (rebates and loyalty) My 08 trade brought it even lower for financing.
Old 02-23-12, 08:55 AM
BMWM2ISF
Driver School Candidate

Cool Wow... Enough' said...hehe

Hi Kingkrs, I don't own an ISF yet but I wanted to congratulate you on an awesome car! I'ts also nice ot know that Lexus did take care of you with regards to your trade-in. I came from BMW M5 and i love the Alcantara. the M5 had it on the Ceiling, and pillars, and the M3 on the same as well as the steering wheel.

I beleive that you said you have the Alcantara interior. Could you post a few pics of where it is located? I am torn between the Red leather interior or the alcantara. I saw here in the ISF post where someone did a Thicker, Alcantara and Carbon steering wheel. i thought that was great work.

I'm looking forward to your observations about the Alcantara vs leather interior. I haven't been able to find the alcantara at any of the local dealers.

Thanks for the Thread
Old 02-23-12, 06:54 PM
js619858
Pole Position

nice! love the LED'S!

Quick Reply: Traded my 08 IS-F for a 2011