IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Traded my 08 IS-F for a 2011

Old 01-05-12, 06:54 PM
TripleBlkF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me either, i am not a fan of the speedo.

same car but Lexus adds a 200 mph speedo? not to mention the deceiving size of it

i want the suspension and LSD after getting back fro the track last weekend.

Oh, and i heard there's less of that freaking brake squeak!

CONGRATS!
Old 01-06-12, 12:55 PM
X20A
Rookie

Congrats on the ride! But man, after looking at the speedo in that picture, I like the old style one much better. The new one just looks like random circles and boxes all over, whereas the old one was symmetrical and has a more purposeful look than just random sized circles and rectangles.
Old 01-06-12, 07:03 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

The new instrument cluster is definitely for the track. that big tachometer is more useful on the track than on the street. There are 3 color coded lights that appear right at the top of the tach to signal when you should shift.

The small analog speedo was put there as novelty. I read that from the vehicle designer. He wanted people to see that it was in fact a car that could reach those upper limits of speed. I wish this car came with the LCD instrument cluster like the LFA does. This way you could have the speedo and the tach prominently displayed depending on if you are at the track or cruising the street.
Old 01-08-12, 10:44 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

I took some pics today after hitting the car wash. I can't wait for a bit warmer weather so I can really give it a good hand wash and wax. I just took these with my iPhone really quick since the weather was nice. Oh yeah I got the windows tinted too. 20% on all windows and the top 6in of the windshield (brow) I hope the cops leave me alone with that
Old 01-09-12, 06:58 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

I do really like the updated wheels. They look great with that color.
Old 01-09-12, 07:14 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking about doing the same one day. Keep an update in this thread on your long term experiences and differences between the 08 and 11.
Old 01-09-12, 11:26 AM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Does it kill the throttle if you left foot brake?
I tried this today and I must say I am surprised by how it works. I figured to have more struggle with slowing down than what actually happened. Now I didn't floor it and press the brake like in the demonstration video but I did left foot brake and press the accelerator just to see.

Bottom line is you will come to a stop if you are pressing both pedals. It gives me piece of mind for when the wife is driving.
Old 01-09-12, 11:39 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Looks great, but those wheels look identical to my 2010 wheels? I thought they changed them again?
Old 01-09-12, 12:06 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Car looks nice! I am still a fan, however, of the '08 dash and the original wheels are/will be hard to beat.
Old 01-09-12, 12:20 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
Car looks nice! I am still a fan, however, of the '08 dash and the original wheels are/will be hard to beat.

I agree on the speedometer...like the original lay out better - Big tach is for sticks not auto/manuals (my opinion)
I like the black center console - looks more up to date than grey 08 dash to me...plus 08 wheels were a bit plain-ish ...like the 2010 wheels better (but maybe Im biased--lol)
Old 01-09-12, 12:25 PM
350FSport
Driver

Wow that is a beautiful car with the color/rims combo! Just need 3 more years and I will trade my 350 for an exact replica
Old 01-09-12, 03:57 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,326 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingkrs
I tried this today and I must say I am surprised by how it works. I figured to have more struggle with slowing down than what actually happened. Now I didn't floor it and press the brake like in the demonstration video but I did left foot brake and press the accelerator just to see.

Bottom line is you will come to a stop if you are pressing both pedals. It gives me piece of mind for when the wife is driving.
That same behavior terrifies me if it happened at the track. This is why I asked. The last thing I want when intentionally left foot braking is for the throttle to close. I'll be in the weeds before you know what happened.
Old 01-09-12, 04:04 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

looks great, nice upgrade.
Old 01-11-12, 09:20 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
That same behavior terrifies me if it happened at the track. This is why I asked. The last thing I want when intentionally left foot braking is for the throttle to close. I'll be in the weeds before you know what happened.
got this from toyota's site:

As an added measure of safety, Toyota created the braking system enhancement known as Smart Stop Technology. This advanced technology automatically reduces engine power when both pedals are pressed at the same time under certain conditions.

Smart Stop Technology intervenes when the accelerator is depressed first and the brakes are applied firmly for longer than one-half second at speeds greater than five miles per hour.

In normal driving conditions, you won’t notice Smart Stop Technology as it is imperceptible. The feature doesn’t engage if the brake pedal is depressed before the accelerator pedal. This allows for vehicles starting on a steep hill to safely accelerate without rolling backward (known as hill start).
Old 01-12-12, 10:09 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I 've had an 08 and 09 and I must say the black center console was a nice change. The new 11's I do like the headlights. I would have to agree with most opinions about gauge cluster. I wish Lexus would of put a LFA type of cluster in. As far as the suspension on the 08-10 a good set of coilovers will fix the jarring ride. its tough to beat the 08-09 wheels on a lowered f...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traded my 08 IS-F for a 2011