IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 04:43 PM
AShepherd
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter

Constructed with 100% polyurethane on all four sides, this high flow, oiled OE replacement performance filter will out flow stock paper filter for improved horsepower and torque. Five layers of progressively finer mesh cotton gauze media provide maximum airflow for best performance results. Washable and reusable for multiple cleaning cycles, the tall open evenly space pleats provide excellent dust holding capacity for longer service cycle between cleanings. Integrated urethane bump seal insures tight, no leak seal over the life of the filter.
aFe has designed a high-performance drop-in air filter for the IS-F that allows for more airflow and better throttle response compared to the stock filter.
best of all, it doesnt need to be oiled so no fouled MAF sensors and it is really easy to clean.
this is probably the easiest mod to do for your IS-F

Cleaning is really easy too. You can even wash it under water and use virtually any type of detergent to remove the debris and grime off the filter. and at 99.4% filtration level, you dont have to worry about dangerous particles getting through

remember to enter LEXUS10 for 10% off your next order.

Last edited by AShepherd; 12-15-11 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-14-11, 05:58 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AShepherd
aFe has designed a high-performance drop-in air filter for the IS-F that allows for more airflow and better throttle response compared to the stock filter.
"Quotation Fingers in the air" more airflow compared to the stock filter.

Do you have airflow tests measuring cfm's with the aFe vs Stock?
Old 12-15-11, 08:53 AM
AShepherd
Former Sponsor

great question

this chart should tell the story about the air flow difference over stock filters

aFe Pro Dry S Filters offers up to a whopping 306CFM over stock!!!
Old 12-15-11, 10:29 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

More potential airflow doesn't mean more power in this car. Here is a link to my dyno results of the AFE dry.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-here-11.html
Old 12-15-11, 10:41 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I have been using aFe filters in my ISF as well as my previous cars. I'm am very impressed with their build quality and construction. While power gains can be debated, I like the filters for their ease of use and serviceability. They will last a lifetime and are easy to clean.
Old 12-15-11, 11:19 AM
AShepherd
Former Sponsor

yes it is definitely debatable as the airflow around the car on a fixed dyno does not represent real life situations
but at the very least, there is money savings since it is so easy to service and last virtually a lifetime

good dyno test though, always good to see some data. I never fully take dyno tests seriously for air intake swaps though. the better test is probably quarter mile times
Old 12-15-11, 12:27 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great question

this chart should tell the story about the air flow difference over stock filters

aFe Pro Dry S Filters offers up to a whopping 306CFM over stock!!!
Thanks for the reply BUT I was referring on being more IS-F specific. The chart is based off of stock car filters not the F's.
DO you have info on the F's oem air filter cfm rates vs the aFe? That would be my hook to buy one, thx.
Old 12-15-11, 12:52 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

[QUOTE=AShepherd;6883059]

best of all, it doesnt need to be oiled so no fouled MAF sensors and it is really easy to clean.

I am a little confused on this. The quote excerpted from the aFe literature (I am assuming) references the filter as being an "oiled" filter while the description below is touting the benefits of it being a dry filter. I think they offer both but any clarification here would be helpful.
Old 12-15-11, 12:58 PM
AShepherd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
Thanks for the reply BUT I was referring on being more IS-F specific. The chart is based off of stock car filters not the F's.
DO you have info on the F's oem air filter cfm rates vs the aFe? That would be my hook to buy one, thx.
so the chart was apparently for the IS-F stock vs the wet version of the Pro filter

http://afepower.com/catalog/30-10167/NPA.pdf

with the Pro Dry S being around 420CFM, i would say it ties with the stock on the high-end but the type of media on the Pro Dry S would give it a light more edge at the low-end

you could go wet and get a lot more performance (66% more airflow)
http://autoshepherd.com/product/AFE-...3/AFE/30-10167
Old 12-15-11, 02:34 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

you could go wet and get a lot more performance (66% more airflow)
http://autoshepherd.com/product/AFE-...3/AFE/30-10167
Until it fouls the MAF right?

Cleaning is really easy too. You can even wash it under water and use virtually any type of detergent to remove the debris and grime off the filter. and at 99.4% filtration level, you dont have to worry about dangerous particles getting through

remember to enter LEXUS10 for 10% off your next order.
Old 12-15-11, 09:21 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

haha usually MAF gets fouled when oil gets lathered on too much during filter maintenance
the factory pre-oiled amount of oil is not enough to get into the MAF sensor and onto the wires

but there is still definitely a risk

i personally got the Pro Dry S for my GS300 for the sake of being safe
Old 12-16-11, 02:42 PM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
I have been using aFe filters in my ISF as well as my previous cars. I'm am very impressed with their build quality and construction. While power gains can be debated, I like the filters for their ease of use and serviceability. They will last a lifetime and are easy to clean.
+1

I've got 50K miles on mine. I cleaned it at 30K and it was very easy. You save $35-$40 (the price of an OEM filter) every time you wash it yourself.
Old 07-21-13, 11:29 AM
Chillz
Driver School Candidate

what site can i order aFe drop infilter?
Old 07-21-13, 01:23 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Holy Old Thread BUMP BATMAN LOL!

Originally Posted by Chillz
what site can i order aFe drop infilter?
Check out Luis from l-tunedparts.com

Here is the link to the filter: http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3246

It's best if you call first and ask him if he has any in stock, and incase you were wondering, they offer package deals with a JoeZ intake tube. GL and happy modding bro!
Old 07-30-13, 05:19 PM
Chillz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Check out Luis from l-tunedparts.com

Here is the link to the filter: http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3246

It's best if you call first and ask him if he has any in stock, and incase you were wondering, they offer package deals with a JoeZ intake tube. GL and happy modding bro!
Thx and do you think the afe drop in filter is better than the f sport drop in air filter? or which one would you prefer?

and im looking for 2014 is 350 im having a hard time looking for parts

Quick Reply: aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter