IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-12, 01:38 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
definitely not crackable, but I've been running MAPECU on my IS350 for a couple months now and it hasnt overwritten any fuel trims from what I can tell. I leaned it out to 12.5 - 12 till redline and added 4 degrees of timing from 4500-6500 rpm. Car feels great. Just ran some logs the other day and all seems exactly like I left it.

There's a guy in Texas who's got the MAPECU on his IS-F and he's been running it far longer than I have. He gave me some pointers when we were installing mine. Anyway, piggy's are you're only option, but they work in limited capacity.
Juanca I think he was referring to this post
Old 06-01-12, 01:55 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by zazzn
Do you know who was running the MAP ecu on the F?

I'm thinking of putting a Emanage blue in... I know it's not officially supported but it's all about signals or voltages....

What does the F use for air metering? Is it Karman vortex or flapper?

I figure the injectors still work of pulse width like every other car/ecu so I can adjust the fuel via pulse width for adding and use the air flow signal to pull fuel (not ideal because it screws with the timing since I'm scaling down) but Emanage blue can handle timing anyways... Does anyone have a pin out of the ECU on the F from the EWD or TSRM?
Neither. It's a hot wire MAF. The Karmann and flapper technologies died in the middle 90's when hot wire was developed and for very good reasons.
Old 06-01-12, 02:29 PM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well good, the emanage still can control Hotwire so can the s-afc but the afc has much less capabilities than the emanage. Also the Eman can be had for the price of a SAFC!
Old 06-01-12, 03:46 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well good, the emanage still can control Hotwire so can the s-afc but the afc has much less capabilities than the emanage. Also the Eman can be had for the price of a SAFC!
If you want to do some crude piggy back tuning I'll give you a SAFC for free. Hell, maybe I'll even throw in a VPC.
Old 06-01-12, 05:13 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rumor has it that Underground Racing is in the process of tuning an IS-F Twin Turbo without a standalone ECU. I've read a little about UR and, rumor or not, if your company can tune a Ferrari or Lambo on Twin Turbo's....that is pretty impressive!
Old 06-01-12, 06:57 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

will be very intrested to see the result
Old 06-04-12, 05:08 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

hah, well there is minimal to gain out of the stock maps I believe I mean 15-20 HP is nothing to me, coming form a world where 1 PSI would do that for me in a mk4. I just want to know if it works because if so I could easily see me rear mounting a turbo like all the vette guys do or that twin turbo setup that they had on the other is's...

I need power!

At least a little more.
Old 06-04-12, 07:16 AM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexIS007
Rumor has it that Underground Racing is in the process of tuning an IS-F Twin Turbo without a standalone ECU. I've read a little about UR and, rumor or not, if your company can tune a Ferrari or Lambo on Twin Turbo's....that is pretty impressive!
I'm going to bet that this isn't true. Given UGR's reputation, a TT kit would be out of the price range for a majority of IS-F owners. A Stage 1 TT kit for a Gallardo is $35k.
Old 06-04-12, 07:20 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know who was running the MAP ecu on the F?
Wayne Potts
www.T1racedevelopment.com
www.InjectorDynamics.com
Old 06-04-12, 02:07 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All this has been discussed already (about three years ago): TT setups, rear-mounted turbo, tuned ECUs, etc. Thing is that we're still enjoying the limited aftermarket options that we have.
Old 06-04-12, 03:59 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Which is why you see F owners jump to another car once they've installed all the bolt-ons.
Old 06-04-12, 04:42 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

we should probably give up then
Old 06-04-12, 06:37 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DHRP
Which is why you see F owners jump to another car once they've installed all the bolt-ons.
Juanca is on his second ISF.....
Old 06-04-12, 07:47 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Hey guys, glad to chime in on this thread. I have been talking to a tuner who is very well known for his work here in houston. He has tuned 1400-1500whp lambos, and then have the record for the fastest M3 SMG full interior with no weight reductions. So for the guys who are wondering, there is NOTHING, absolutely nothing out for the F. But we will be sittig down this wednesday and discussing all abou the F, will be data logging, and like every V8, we are going to try and hit a 450-475whp, 50-65whp after a tune. Now for those saying its impossible, look at EVERY V8 engine, and this is what they pull out of it, after a tune. Take all the time in the world, and you will see its true. With this said, after a few weeks, maybe 1K miles or so, we will start discussing, or better yet, make a turbo kit where we use either new exhaust manifolds, maybe going of the sikky design, and try to bolt the if we have enough room, in the rear lower section engine, it wont be an easy task, but it can be done, we will have to design a different pan(maybe) for the returns and and make sure the turbos are high enough for them aswell. Alot of testing, designing and work will be going into my car real soon, but its something i hope to accomplish and give to the Lexus community. Being the 1st tuned F, the 1st 450-475whp F all motor, and hopefully the first to hit 600-650whp and possibly 700whp (if the engine allows ) with no juice would be a accomplishment. Once all goes down, i will be making a thread, updating as often as possible with any little thing, and try to get datalogs, videos and info out to you guys.
Old 06-04-12, 07:54 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by F4Fast
Hey guys, glad to chime in on this thread. I have been talking to a tuner who is very well known for his work here in houston. He has tuned 1400-1500whp lambos, and then have the record for the fastest M3 SMG full interior with no weight reductions. So for the guys who are wondering, there is NOTHING, absolutely nothing out for the F. But we will be sittig down this wednesday and discussing all abou the F, will be data logging, and like every V8, we are going to try and hit a 450-475whp, 50-65whp after a tune. Now for those saying its impossible, look at EVERY V8 engine, and this is what they pull out of it, after a tune. Take all the time in the world, and you will see its true. With this said, after a few weeks, maybe 1K miles or so, we will start discussing, or better yet, make a turbo kit where we use either new exhaust manifolds, maybe going of the sikky design, and try to bolt the if we have enough room, in the rear lower section engine, it wont be an easy task, but it can be done, we will have to design a different pan(maybe) for the returns and and make sure the turbos are high enough for them aswell. Alot of testing, designing and work will be going into my car real soon, but its something i hope to accomplish and give to the Lexus community. Being the 1st tuned F, the 1st 450-475whp F all motor, and hopefully the first to hit 600-650whp and possibly 700whp (if the engine allows ) with no juice would be a accomplishment. Once all goes down, i will be making a thread, updating as often as possible with any little thing, and try to get datalogs, videos and info out to you guys.
awesomeee...what shop is it? id love to swing by from time to time when i visit home

Quick Reply: ECU tuning