IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: Current IS-F Owners: Would you consider trading in your IS-F for the new GS-F?
Yes, especially if it's +500 hps.
54.12%
No way, waiting for GTR opportunity or 2nd gen. IS-F
37.65%
No way, the new GS is so ugly, not even the GS-F will help!
8.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Jump Ship for GS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-11, 08:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Yes, b/c the assumption is that the performance numbers should be more than the IS-F or else why build one to compete against the M5 and others. Love that styling!
gotcha, that's a good assumption and i agree. though with the 4gs not even getting a v8, would be interesting to see what kind of power the gsf will get, if they actually make one (which in the latest lexus video they say there is no work on v8 or gsf so far).

Originally Posted by madastep
isn't that the 5Axis GS F Sport?
well it's a 4gs, fsport or not it's kind of moot point coz' all the cosmetic stuff are changed
Old 11-03-11, 08:34 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by madastep
isn't that the 5Axis GS F Sport?
Indeed it is...

This is what we call a "Concept Build" of the Lexus GS350 F-Sport Model....

"There are currently NO PLANS in place for a Lexus GS-F."
Brian Bolain ~ Lexus National Marketing Manager

We should add a new line to the Poll.....
"If the GS-F doesn't come, I will keep MY IS-F"

~ Joe Z
Old 11-03-11, 06:37 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

^^^ So JoeZ, isn't the whole idea with concepts (i.e. Five Axis GS FSport) is to generate "oohs and ahs", “OMG over reactions" from people like me, pictures, talk, attention, interest, which then ultimately can and sometimes do become production models?

It's all about the aesthetic attention and the initial shock (positive, of course) from a concept design right? Does the fact that it will or will not be in production at this point (concept stage) really matter? Isn’t it all about publicity and getting as much people reaction as possible? Isn’t it what we’re doing now, as Lexus fans?

Again, I think it is all about gauging aesthetic attention b/c what’s under the hood, stock motor and interior, right? As a matter of fact, it almost seems like Lexus is outsourcing their concept design to a third party (i.e, Five-Axis) to save money, time, and resources rather than in-house.

I really don’t see any problems with people like me over reacting favorably to this concept, b/c I think this is what Lexus really wants for this vehicle, they want reactions, aesthetically to this concept. Anecdotal evidence or not, the public’s reaction has to be valuable to Lexus right?
Old 11-03-11, 08:20 PM
CrzKush
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rather keep my IS-F cause of its sporty look. I think the GS-F is more of a VIP luxury look, would be kinda of funny racing around the track with a luxury vehicle, in my opinion.
Old 11-03-11, 08:58 PM
SoreHead
Driver School Candidate

I got lazy and didn't read all the posts here so apologies if I'm repeating something but the GS-F will not be a performance car according to inside info. It will be a cosmetic/improved handling) exercise without crazy performance unfortunately. (less than 350bhp)

Boo I say but that's the current inside scoop.

Looks fantastic which only makes the lack of a real performance version all the more disappointing.
Old 11-03-11, 09:37 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

^^^Yes, you're repeating b/c you haven't read all the other replies, and that is understandable.

But what I don't understand is why other people who have read all the other pages, keep on regurgitating and hammering the fact that this concept is not the GS-F nor will there be a GS-F, when originally this pole/topic was based solely on an assumption/conjecture. It was a simply, "What if...would you jump ship or not?"

What? Can't we express our hope of an actual GS-F through assumptions, even more now that the Five-Axis GS-FSport Concept is out, without being reminded that the SEMA Project GS-FSport is only a concept and that even Lexus itself says that they won't build it? Yes, for the record I do know and i do realize.

Surely, I don't understand what the fuss is all about.
Old 11-03-11, 10:08 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by PurduePete
^^^ So JoeZ, isn't the whole idea with concepts (i.e. Five Axis GS FSport) is to generate "oohs and ahs", “OMG over reactions" from people like me, pictures, talk, attention, interest, which then ultimately can and sometimes do become production models?

It's all about the aesthetic attention and the initial shock (positive, of course) from a concept design right? Does the fact that it will or will not be in production at this point (concept stage) really matter? Isn’t it all about publicity and getting as much people reaction as possible? Isn’t it what we’re doing now, as Lexus fans?

Again, I think it is all about gauging aesthetic attention b/c what’s under the hood, stock motor and interior, right? As a matter of fact, it almost seems like Lexus is outsourcing their concept design to a third party (i.e, Five-Axis) to save money, time, and resources rather than in-house.

I really don’t see any problems with people like me over reacting favorably to this concept, b/c I think this is what Lexus really wants for this vehicle, they want reactions, aesthetically to this concept. Anecdotal evidence or not, the public’s reaction has to be valuable to Lexus right?
I'm all for a GS-F from Lexus....

But Troy's Concept build has nothing to with a possible future Lexus GS-F.

His Five Axis Design Team was commisioned by Lexus to give the next Gen 2013 GS & GS F-Sport (w/350 motors) some more positive spin.

I think our good friend "krew" better defines it here...

Behind The 2013 GS Project Car

&

Lexus Project GS by Five Axis Photo Gallery

If the Lexus GS-F does come into play, it will be developed in Japan and tested vigorously @ Fuji Speedway to earn a proper "F" badge...
And we may even catch a few mules running the Nürburgring, if it truly does surface within the next year...

Regards,

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 11-03-11 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-03-11, 10:38 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lexus definatly needs a GSF if they are serious about their F brand. Right now there is only 1 car - the ISF. They need a GSF - and more. LSF, CTF, RXF - all should be considered.
Old 11-03-11, 10:41 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

^^^ Well 2...... with the LFA...

~ Joe Z
Old 11-03-11, 10:49 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^^ Well 2...... with the LFA...

~ Joe Z
Of course . But the LFA isn't exactly in showrooms for everyone to buy.

The LFA is supposed to be a halo car, to get people into the showrooms. Right now - when people do see the LFA and get excited about lexus, and come into a dealership - they only have ONE choice for a performance car..... the ISF.

Not very good IMO.

Walk into a BMW dealership and they have a 1 series M, M3, M5, M6, X6M, X5M... etc.
Mercedes and TONS of AMG cars.

If they just stop at the ISF - IMO, the LFA was pointless. Why build a halo car if there are no "F" models for people to buy?

That is why I think Lexus NEEDS a GSF ... only when lexus expands their brand will people see them as on par with the germans. 1 car does not make a brand. (In this case the F brand)
Old 11-03-11, 11:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

because if lexus doesn't really plan a gsf, threads like these would become so pointless. concept cars are great, i love them (love all the 5axis cars so far actually), but if lexus doesn't follow through and deliver, i think they are just driving more people away.

the concept car is about as far away from a real deal gsf if at all.

of course i don't mind dreaming. for sure a lot of us have been dreaming of a gsf, including me
Old 11-04-11, 10:00 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It's true that if potential Lexus owners want a high performing super sedan, a GS F should be offered to boost the F lineup. But the F is still pretty new to the game, with the IS F first year being 2008 and the LFA being introduced just last year. That being said, F-sport is being marketed quite well, with many of the Lexus models receiving that treatment. The GS F-sport looks pretty damn sick, especially Five Axis' design!
Old 04-04-12, 08:31 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel silly for getting all excited with that fake GS-F release info (April Fools I think)

But I like to dream about the GS-F since even if it's a few years away that give me more time to save up my pennies
Old 05-29-12, 04:48 PM
lexneffect
Pole Position

Still no update from Lexus on the GS-F since I was there for service the other day and did some chatting with one of their sales managers
Old 01-05-13, 07:12 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

UPDATE FOR MORE VOTES....WOULD YOU JUMP SHIP?
**Thread Disclaimer-Dream Assumption : GS-F will come out 1st before next generation IS-F**

Chance for new batch of IS-F owners to chime in, and there are a lot of you this last year...

For the record, I would still make the jump. Something about getting older and really wishing there was 3 seat occupancy back there...

A tiny bit more hope:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...d-gs-300h.html

Last edited by PurduePete; 01-05-13 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Jump Ship for GS-F?