IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Apex throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-12, 07:47 PM
cha7Li3
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fred900
I tried the eco mode for a tank and got an extra 50 miles, it's going to pay for itself.
This was what I was looking for. I have the tendency to push the car unnecessarily, bringing my mpg down. This would help with that.
Old 03-08-12, 10:07 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad I started this thread :-)
Old 03-08-12, 10:38 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this too.
Old 03-09-12, 07:07 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boostftw
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this too.
+1. Considering the price and ease of install......
Old 03-09-12, 09:16 AM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

For those who have installed the Apexi throttle controller, does it come with the reverse gear cancel harness? How easy is it to connect the reverse gear cancel harness?

Mainly because if someone else is driving the car and put it into reverse.
Old 03-09-12, 11:13 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Yes it does come with a reverse gear cancel harness. However, i was not able to find the correct wire to splice into and I looked around for about 15 min. You don't need to do it, also you don't have to worry about anyone else driving your car and messing up reverse. This is because they would have to turn the throttle controller on and I doubt anyone would know what it does so why would they be pressing random things??
Old 03-09-12, 12:43 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zapa
Yes it does come with a reverse gear cancel harness. However, i was not able to find the correct wire to splice into and I looked around for about 15 min. You don't need to do it, also you don't have to worry about anyone else driving your car and messing up reverse. This is because they would have to turn the throttle controller on and I doubt anyone would know what it does so why would they be pressing random things??
I disagree, its always that time that you are in a rush, throw it in reverse and backup without thinking to turn it off that it will bite you.

I would suggest looking up the signal wire on a wiring diagram. I'm sure someone will share the info once they stumble upon it.
Old 03-09-12, 01:54 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I disagree, its always that time that you are in a rush, throw it in reverse and backup without thinking to turn it off that it will bite you.

I would suggest looking up the signal wire on a wiring diagram. I'm sure someone will share the info once they stumble upon it.
Okay so I just put my controller on boost mode and threw it into reverse and unless you smash the pedal you are not going to notice a difference in how the throttle feels. It is not necessary at all... So i disagree you will be perfectly fine with out the reverse harness.
Old 03-09-12, 02:21 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd

Excuse my ignorance, but what would happen if didn't connect that wire and then you backed up without turning off the TC?
Old 03-09-12, 02:42 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jleonard71
Excuse my ignorance, but what would happen if didn't connect that wire and then you backed up without turning off the TC?
Feels basically the exact same unless you mash the pedal which no one does so it makes no difference.
Old 03-09-12, 11:25 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I would still like to know how to connect the reverse cancel wiring harness though.

Thanks for anyone's help.
Old 11-23-12, 11:23 PM
jchen
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to bring up this old post. Just installed the unit and went for a test run. All buttons seem to be working, except for the dark blue setting (eco 3) When I step on the gas, let go, then step again, the light flashes dark blue for about 3 seconds. This happens each time.

Any idea why it does this? Thanks all.

-Jon
Old 11-24-12, 06:14 AM
clifftrail
Pole Position

It didn't accept the programming. Do the setup again with the gas pedal and it should fix it, otherwise you might have a defective unit.
Old 11-25-12, 07:13 AM
haydog
Driver

Were exactly does the harness plug into? Does anyone have a picture of the exact spot? Do i need to take the Bottom cover off under the dash? (The one with the two Philip screws)??
Old 11-25-12, 10:22 AM
jchen
Driver School Candidate

Okay, the flashing happens with Eco and Boost modes, except for Hi-Throttle and Lo-Throttle mode. When you start accelerating, the lights will flash and stop after a few seconds, depending on how you are accelerating. Under the instruction manual, this is called the "display ceremony."

Quick Reply: Apex throttle controller