IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Damn TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-11, 01:45 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait a minute, the Toyota tech guy gave you the IDs? It was supposed to be the other way around, you had to provide the IDs to him!

I may be wrong, but what I think it happened is that he gave you the codes for the 1st TPMS set (already programmed in the car and easely readable using the tool), and then disabled the LOW TIRE warning so you don't get it on your dashboard. Do I make sense? I don't think the Toyota tech would be able to get the codes unless the sensors are visible, and in this case the tires were already mounted, so no way for him to check the codes.
Old 09-15-11, 01:53 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Juanca
Wait a minute, the Toyota tech guy gave you the IDs? It was supposed to be the other way around, you had to provide the IDs to him!

I may be wrong, but what I think it happened is that he gave you the codes for the 1st TPMS set (already programmed in the car and easely readable using the tool), and then disabled the LOW TIRE warning so you don't get it on your dashboard. Do I make sense? I don't think the Toyota tech would be able to get the codes unless the sensors are visible, and in this case the tires were already mounted, so no way for him to check the codes.
They have scan tools for that too...

UNLESS the Discount tire place was actually able to CLONE the EZ sensors ID#'s off of his main sensor ID#'s... Theoretically it worked.

Either way, sounds like Toyota Tech solved his issue...

The "LOW TIRE" warning can not be disabled.

But if he really wanted to test his system, all he would have to do is drop the air pressure in one tire to under 28psi or so and the light should come back on..

~ Joe Z
Old 09-15-11, 02:02 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Nate008
Thank you Toyota!

The lights are finally gone! lol. I talked to the tech specifically and told him to program them under the 2nd set which he did. When I got in the vehicle I initialized the system through the satellite buttons per the manual and everything seems good to go now.

Best part of all this was they did it for free when they said they were going to charge me when I dropped it off this morning. He was even kind enough to write the 7 digit codes for all 4 sensors on a piece of paper and give it to me for future reference. Now I can finally take photos on my interior showing of the LED's without warning lights in the picture lol.

Thanks for all your help/input guys. I def learned alot about our car/cars in general just from starting this thread.

No problem.. Glad it somehow got all sorted out..!!!

If you ever decide to start this process again... Be sure to order up a set of OEM TPMS sensors in advance..

That way you know your starting off with oem parts and all you would have needed is to get the new ID #'s registered at Lexus .. or Toyota in this case.

That's what we recommend to those who decide on a seconed set of wheels...

Now - Where are the picture for the wheels you installed ????

~ Joe Z
Old 09-15-11, 03:27 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He said the tool he used could scan each sensor and give him the code, thats how he got the code's from them. I def know now to just find a cheap set of OEM sensors online in advance and write the code's down for them to make life easy.

Joe, I was waiting to take some real photo's since I put on more mods since the photo below, but since you asked and helped me out I'll post it lol.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us