Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't think it will change much at all
like the m3
Old 08-24-11, 07:34 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm not a fanatic of the new GS, but in my opinion it looks much better than any of its predecessors by far, and they weren't bad. This is definitely a step in the right direction...now the only thing making me hold my breath is the potential engine options. I wish Toyota was bold enough to jump on the forced induction bandwagon. I think I would trust a Lexus factory turbo'd car over a BMW or MB.
Old 08-25-11, 04:40 AM
chow70
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great forum as everyone has an opinion, but we also know that one person is not right over the other.

I am just concerned, and as many of you have stated, maybe I am moving away from Lexus and the designs. The LS line was tweaked, and didn't look good ... and the new GS line looks awful. The Lexus designers I always knew had originality .... just disappointing.
Old 08-25-11, 04:48 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by N54MPower
Welcome to forums where everyone has an opinion and has an opportunity to give one just like you do. No one is arguing here and no one seems annoyed except you
Exactly. If everyone had the same opinion or kept differing views to themselves, this would be one b o r i n g forum.
Old 08-25-11, 09:04 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

The back of the new GS is the only problem I have with it. But I have to see it in person before I say its horrible etc. The back does look like a sonata. I dont know whats up with car manufacturers but they seem to be going to a similar bulge back stying. Look at the new BMW 5 series and compare it to the Audi A8 and now the Lexus GS. The rear ends just look weird with a bulged out look. The front and side profiles are a nice change to the GS. It would of been cool if they actually used the LF-GH and putit into production. That car would sell like hotcakes for sure.
Old 08-25-11, 10:07 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by pc1990
The back of the new GS is the only problem I have with it. But I have to see it in person before I say its horrible etc. The back does look like a sonata. I dont know whats up with car manufacturers but they seem to be going to a similar bulge back stying. Look at the new BMW 5 series and compare it to the Audi A8 and now the Lexus GS. The rear ends just look weird with a bulged out look. The front and side profiles are a nice change to the GS.

It would of been cool if they actually used the LF-GH and putit into production. That car would sell like hotcakes for sure...
^^ Umm, thats pretty much exactly what they did!!!

Originally Posted by krew

After staring at the official photos of the 2013 Lexus GS for a week now, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to compare the production model with the LF-Gh concept:

Click any photo for a larger version

Since the LF-Gh was meant to be a hybrid concept, the three LED headlights are much more distinct than the GS 350′s single projector assembly but beyond that, it still astounds me that so much of the concept can be seen in the production model.

Again, the side profile is virtually identical from concept to production, though the massive wheels & wheel wells on the concept are much more visually impressive. On the other hand, I like both the front & rear profiles much more on the production model, especially the faint glimmer of the exhaust in the rear bumper.

With the exception of the defining “A” sheetmetal crease, I was never a fan of the LF-Gh’s rear, and much prefer the production model’s design. The diffuser rocks my world, the taillights are much more defined, and I even like the thin chrome trim on the trunk line.

All in all, for as much as I like looking at concept vehicles, I always end up preferring the production model — especially when it comes to Lexus. The fourth-generation GS has extra layers of polish and practicality compared to the LF-Gh — it’s made for real life rather than display.

Source: Lexus Enthusiast.com Visual Comparison: Fourth-Gen Lexus GS vs. LF-Gh Concept

Just needs wheels & a drop....

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 08-26-11 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-25-11, 05:39 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Umm, thats pretty much exactly what they did!!!

Source: Lexus Enthusiast.com Visual Comparison: Fourth-Gen Lexus GS vs. LF-Gh Concept

Just needs wheel & a drop....

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z
Yes master!...Your right now that you posted the side by side pics. I think the concept has sharper lines and that's why it looks so slick. But yeah you're right...a drop and wheels and the concept and the actual production look pretty darn identical.
Old 08-27-11, 01:51 PM
chow70
Rookie

Please stop posting that ugly car on here. God that thing is hideous. It's like looking at a drew barrymore who has hit the backend of the truck several hundred times, or worse ... a kate hudson hitting the front of a truck a few thousand times.
Old 08-27-11, 02:57 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chow70
Please stop posting that ugly car on here. God that thing is hideous. It's like looking at a drew barrymore who has hit the backend of the truck several hundred times, or worse ... a kate hudson hitting the front of a truck a few thousand times.
You also have the option to not look at it or completely ignore the thread, seriously. I ignore lots of stuff I don't care for on this forum...........most of the time.

From your initial post in this thread we've gathered what your opinion of this car is. It has been duly noted.
Old 08-27-11, 04:04 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

^^ These are my Personal favorites...

Originally Posted by Seize
You want variation?

I'll give you variations!!!

The wheels are NKB Seiken Elite 7X

Silver on Silver

Dark Liquid Graphite on Gunmetal

~ Joe Z
Old 08-27-11, 06:12 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ These are my Personal favorites...

~ Joe Z
My thoughts exactly Joe.

BTW, is anyone else getting a little annoyed by this guy? I know there are many such types on other forums, and even this forum gets its share of arguments, but seriously??? How does one make so many ignorant statements or ask so many stupid questions?
Old 08-28-11, 09:55 PM
dano9258
Driver

I believe they have said that the new is line in 2014 will not include the isf. The isf will end production for a couple of years. So I consider that butchering all right lol
Old 08-29-11, 04:57 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gymkata
My thoughts exactly Joe.

BTW, is anyone else getting a little annoyed by this guy? I know there are many such types on other forums, and even this forum gets its share of arguments, but seriously??? How does one make so many ignorant statements or ask so many stupid questions?
Yeah, this chow guy seems pretty pompous from his posts.
Old 08-29-11, 07:57 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ I'm with you guys.
Old 08-29-11, 08:55 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
I personally love the look of the next GS. I wasn't a fan of the Lf-GH because of its confused and BMW-esque body lines. However, the pre-production GS is a great styling evolution of the Lexus design language. The Audi-like grill takes a bit getting used to, but it looks much better than it did on the Lf-GH.

I don't think the GS looks like a Hyundai; it was Hyundai that tried to mimic Lexus and BMW's designs in the first place. Look at the Genesis sedan and the Kia Optima (not Hyundai but same parent company) The Optima was clearly an attempt to build a IS look-a-like.
Agreed 100%

Originally Posted by N54MPower
Hyundai is following Lexus. Hyundai wants to be Toyota/ Lexus and are headed in the right direction.

Lexus followed Mercedes with the original LS (down to the Mercedes seat controls on the LS) and the subsequent model followed the BMW 7 series. That is the way it goes. Every Japanese design over the last 30 years has emulated the class leading car at the time. Lexus sought to improve upon that and did a good job.

The current styling attempts are aimed at those that criticize Acura and Lexus for playing it safe. Acura did so and failed with the current TL, RDZ etc. Lexus is attempting to do the same. I like the new GS it's changes are evolutionary, not revolutionary by any means.
Um.. isn't the LS the segment leader now? When the IS 2 came out, it didn't look like anything on the road. The GS up till now didn't mimic anything. RX, segment leader and blatantly copied by everyone else.

Quick Reply: DEAR LEXUS : No Butchering of the IS line