IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

LED in Gauge Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-11, 06:34 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ At least your water pump hasn't leaked yet.
Old 08-20-11, 06:47 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ What a bad luck! I'd give it a try and go to the dealer, they may fix it for you at no charge.

I've gone through the same list you have up there except the squeaky brakes. On top of that I got a call from the dealer today letting me know that my car is ready for pickup, water pump and front caliper were replaced under warranty. I hope this is it because I'll be out of warranty in 800 miles.
Old 08-20-11, 08:04 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Sorry JLeonard, I would be pissed too if that happened to me...If the cost is too high to replace out of warranty, you can turn the dimmer down all the way as another member posted. I tried it and it isn't bad at all but I think if the dimmer is down all the way, the car wont dim the nav during the day/night.

On a lighter note though, the dealer did say they would order me in a new gauge cluster covered under warranty. I however held off on it for the time being because they had to keep the car for at least 5 days. I am going to go back to the dealer and get it done soon. Thanks juanca for your input. Do you think I can get a 2011 cluster in there or is that not possible? I know many don't like the new cluster design, but change is good sometimes.

Hey Juanca, I'm going to respond in the other thread too but wanted to let you know that the dealer did look at my caliper peeling as well. He didn't say what the procedure would be for it but he did say that they would take care of it as well.
Old 08-22-11, 07:21 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think Lexus would install a 2011 instrument cluster on a previous year ISF. When they replaced mine they kept my car for a week, so make sure that you request a fun car to drive, not an IS250! My best loaner so far has been the RX450h.
Old 03-20-12, 10:35 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Sorry to revive such old thread but I too am having similar issues. About 5 months ago my subwoofer was also replaced under warranty. Now my nav screen went out as well as my cluster needles having dead pixels. See pictures below- btw I have the nav override and vaistech sl2vi but I dont think that's what caused the nav screen to go out. #bummer

Old 03-20-12, 01:17 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i have the same problem but 1 blew out i think and it is dim. didn't take it to the dealer yet but I did brought it up to them. will probably bring this up the next time along with water pump hose.
Old 03-20-12, 05:33 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

For those of you with the LED needles going out AND are still under factory warranty, the entire instrumentation panel will be replaced. Dealership will keep the car to get the new IP programmed with your current mileage.

If you are out of warranty, you will need to buy a cluster and replace it at your own cost.

I owned an IS350 with this issue, and now an ISF that has the same issue. IS350 was out of warranty and had to purchase a used IP off of eBay. ISF was still under warranty and replaced without hassle. I asked the service advisor how much would it be for a new one OUT OF WARRANTY and was around $1800.

List of 2008 ISF parts that failed and replaced under warranty:
- NAV screen not responding to touch inputs, replaced entire NAV screen module
- Water pump leaking, replaced
- Tach needle LED dead, IP replaced

I am out of warranty now, over 50k miles, and didn't purchase the extended warranty. Hopefully all the replacement parts will hold up for a few more years.

Last edited by itsmike177; 03-20-12 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-21-12, 02:54 AM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know if this is something that would be covered under the platinum extended warranty? In the warranty details is says everything is covered except for things which are specifically excluded, and I don't see the gauge cluster anywhere on that list.
Old 03-22-12, 09:37 AM
DallasISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jleonard71
Anyone know if this is something that would be covered under the platinum extended warranty? In the warranty details is says everything is covered except for things which are specifically excluded, and I don't see the gauge cluster anywhere on that list.
I have a Platinum extended warranty as well and it's my understanding that it is bumper to bumper similar to the factory warranty. Those things not covered are the same as factory, the things intended to wear like brakes, belts, etc.

If you are still under factory warranty go get the extended aftermarket warranty because it is a Lexus it is pretty inexpensive. Mine was $1500 when I bought the car and covers me for 8yrs 100K miles! If you are out of warranty it will be a little more expensive but shouldn't be much.

If the gauge is the only thing that goes out under the extended warranty it's already paid for itself.
Old 08-03-12, 12:19 AM
2008ISF
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Add another 08 to the list. I have the tach needle with a dead area. Sometimes its fine with warm weather and the whole needle is blue. But most of the time now, the needle just has a nice big dead area.

Maybe I will try to take it in and have them fix the car along with the random knocking issue that I am also having. Hopefully I am not raising a post thats too old. I did a search...this is what came up.
Old 11-08-12, 01:12 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Hey guys,

It's unfortunate that these gauge clusters are already having issues. One issue is the needle movement. Jerky gauges, stuck gauges, etc. We can help!

We can also take care of any lighting needs. Even the backlighting!

We can do the tach/mph needles in blue, white, red, dark green, others by special request..

We can do the temp/fuel needles in blue, red, pure white, green, purple, orange, yellow, amber, warm white, cool white

Here is a picture of an IS250/350 we just completed.

www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 11-09-12, 09:03 PM
LexF
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Because the brighter it is at night the more it degrades your night vision. I turn them down until they're just bright enough to see. Anything more just kills your ability to see what is really important - the road in front of you!
I tried to explain this to my sister. She doesn't get it.
Old 11-09-12, 09:04 PM
LexF
Rookie

Those of you with bad needles... Have you thought about putting in a 2011 gauge cluster in the car?
Old 11-10-12, 10:16 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by LexF
Those of you with bad needles... Have you thought about putting in a 2011 gauge cluster in the car?
Id love to. Has it been done.
Old 08-10-14, 02:30 PM
powermungr
Rookie

My 08 with 36K on the clock just developed this issue too.

Quick Reply: LED in Gauge Cluster