D2 Racing coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-11, 04:29 PM
iJameson
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2 Racing coilovers?

Hello all!

Long-time reader of the forums here and I finally decided to join and start contributing.

I'm wondering how many of you guys have the D2 Racing coilovers and what your take on them is.

I noticed that Joe Z has them on his ride but I haven't seen much about these on any forums. All I hear about is the KW and BC stuff.

Here is the product page for them- http://www.d2racing.com/content/products/RS_coilovers
Old 07-17-11, 10:02 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have talked to Joe about them and he is happy with the D2 coils, but have heard little else.
Old 07-18-11, 06:12 PM
iJameson
Driver School Candidate

Paging Joe Z...
Old 07-19-11, 02:07 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Guy I met, with track ready IS-f told that they tried D2 (only that was found on market). Said it was rubbish, and went back to stock. They are atempting to race next weekend at 1000km race with that car..
Old 07-19-11, 10:17 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Audriuss
Guy I met, with track ready IS-f told that they tried D2 (only that was found on market). Said it was rubbish, and went back to stock. They are atempting to race next weekend at 1000km race with that car..
It may be for track use, but it might be OK for the street. Joe seems to like his from what I gather.

The real question is, what do you want them to do? If it's just lower the car and look good, you'll more than likely be very happy. If you want to set fast time of the day or fast lap of the day, you probably won't like them or anything short of the KW competition shocks available for the F. If I wanted a proper track suspension, I'd be talking to a Penske, Ohlins, or Moton distributor.

No matter what you get, there will be a tuning period to get them set up for your specific use. Many times people fail to properly tune their shocks and end up disliking them when the fault is the owner failed to complete the process.
Old 07-19-11, 10:58 PM
iJameson
Driver School Candidate

Honestly, I won't be tracking this car very often, but I do want get a bit more performance out of the suspension. The primary reason for making this thread is because the only suspension I have heard about on any IS-F forums are the KWs, BCs, and a little bit about the Teins. Just wanted to hear what some people had to say about some of the other options out there.

The EDFC makes the Teins a bit tempting to me, but I haven't seen much talk about those for the IS-F either.

Last edited by iJameson; 07-20-11 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-20-11, 06:00 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by iJameson
Honestly, I won't be tracking this car very often, but I do want get a bit more performance out of the suspension. The primary reason for making this thread is because the only suspension I have heard about on any IS-F forums are the KWs, BCs, and a little bit about the Teins. Just wanted to hear what some people had to say about some of the other options out there.

The EDFC makes the Teins a bit tempting to me, but I haven't seen much talk about those for the IS-F either.
your better off gettin the KW if u spend a little bit more since your looking at the teins. I have BC on, loving the ride so far.
Old 07-20-11, 10:44 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by iJameson
...The EDFC makes the Teins a bit tempting to me, but I haven't seen much talk about those for the IS-F either.
EDFC does not compensate for the myriad issues Tein has. You'd be WAY better off with the street KWs or BC Racing IMHO. I've had some pretty bad experiences with Tein as a company and as a product.
Old 07-20-11, 12:18 PM
iJameson
Driver School Candidate

Compare the KW and BC Racing, if anyone out there has tried both.

How are the adjustments for rebound and compression on each? How easy does everything bolt up? What is the build quality of each? Which would be more "comfort" and which would be more "sport"? Why would you rank each of these above the D2 coils?
Old 07-20-11, 12:41 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Need pricing? Contact us today 305.470.1985
Old 07-21-11, 05:35 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

^^

Hi Jameson,

They are pretty good for a budget coil.. They are very well made and for my needs they work perfect..

I had two goals: 1) Lower the car 2) Get rid of the oem bouncy ride..

My IS-F is a daily commuter... If I were going to track it all the time, I would have researched the KW's a bit more..

For me, the D2 Coils are holding up very well with over 30K miles on them.. Plus they make my commute to & from work much happier..

They will look like this...
(IS350 shown when I owned them too, the IS-F will have more Black on the coils)

~ Joe Z
Old 07-24-11, 01:14 AM
iJameson
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Joe

I ordered the Tein Comfort Sport coils with the EDFC unit. Hopefully it will get delivered this week along with my ISS Forged exhaust. Should be a fun week!
Old 10-06-11, 10:46 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats your review of the Tein coliovers?
Old 12-27-12, 12:41 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Are there different parts numbers for the ISF vs a isx50 for D2 coils?
Old 12-27-12, 01:20 PM
LeoP
Driver School Candidate

They are OK.... I would recommend KW over D2 for sure.

Quick Reply: D2 Racing coilovers?