IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Joez exhaust/intake = no gains :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-11, 06:40 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. Way too much evidence of gains with Joe's intake and exhaust.

Something else must be off with the OP's ride or the dyno was not accurate.
Old 07-12-11, 06:49 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Are you guys reading what the OP posted correctly? I dont see any accusations, all i see is someone letting us know what happened...
Old 07-12-11, 06:58 PM
shot
Rookie

not so. see attached link.http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...s-exhaust.aspx
Old 07-12-11, 10:10 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
I don't think JoeZ owes any explanation to anybody. He did in the past out of his own good will.

There is overwhelming support for JoeZ products, especially the exhaust and the power gains associated with it (e.g., caymandive's very objective and detailed comparisons and dynos).

So let me get this straight, one person with no power gains that could be due to so many other possibilities than the JoeZ exhaust, and in a community with so many positive supporters of the JoeZ already, now make the JoeZ exhaust at fault?

One owner with baseless accusations now throws out years of positive JoeZ results? WT_?????? Are you kidding me? COM'ON MAN!!??

And whoever said that the JoeZ makes 50whps by itself is off the mark too. Please don’t add to all these KID’s, already unrealistic and premature hopes of beating Lambos, Ferraris, and GTRs with bolt-ons.

For the record, I do not own any JoeZ products. The only Mod that I have are Sikky headers. With my stock exhaust and these headers, I get right about the same power gains as veteran IS-F modders in here like Caymandive, Darbs, and others, minus the gains they got from there the JoeZ exhaust and intake.

So what does this tell me? It tells me that the OP needs to spend some more of his own $$$ and troubleshoot HIS OWN PROBLEM before blaming JoeZ in a public forum hoping JoeZ will troubleshoot HIS PROBLEM for him.
I really didn't see the OP blaming or accusing Joe Z of anything. Just stating his outcome. I too have yet to record a decent gain like most other members.
You can be rest assured, I know my way around a dyno and drag strip. I didn't start a thread about my initial dissapointing gains, I just PM'ed JoeZ to let him know.
This thread isn't the first one where members show little, no or negative gains.
The fact remains, the F's ECM does some very sophisticated learning.
I look forward to doing a new baseline soon on my F, as I've clicked off a couple thousand miles since the last dyno and it feels more powerful.

~Dv8
Old 07-13-11, 04:59 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PurduePete
I don't think JoeZ owes any explanation to anybody. He did in the past out of his own good will.

There is overwhelming support for JoeZ products, especially the exhaust and the power gains associated with it (e.g., caymandive's very objective and detailed comparisons and dynos).

So let me get this straight, one person with no power gains that could be due to so many other possibilities than the JoeZ exhaust, and in a community with so many positive supporters of the JoeZ already, now make the JoeZ exhaust at fault?

One owner with baseless accusations now throws out years of positive JoeZ results? WT_?????? Are you kidding me? COM'ON MAN!!??

And whoever said that the JoeZ makes 50whps by itself is off the mark too. Please don’t add to all these KID’s, already unrealistic and premature hopes of beating Lambos, Ferraris, and GTRs with bolt-ons.

For the record, I do not own any JoeZ products. The only Mod that I have are Sikky headers. With my stock exhaust and these headers, I get right about the same power gains as veteran IS-F modders in here like Caymandive, Darbs, and others, minus the gains they got from there the JoeZ exhaust and intake.

So what does this tell me? It tells me that the OP needs to spend some more of his own $$$ and troubleshoot HIS OWN PROBLEM before blaming JoeZ in a public forum hoping JoeZ will troubleshoot HIS PROBLEM for him.
What ignorance. Where in my thread did I blame Joe for anything? Learn how to read first before wasting our time.
Old 07-13-11, 09:13 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Are you guys reading what the OP posted correctly? I dont see any accusations, all i see is someone letting us know what happened...
Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
I really didn't see the OP blaming or accusing Joe Z of anything. Just stating his outcome.
Originally Posted by Rider
What ignorance. Where in my thread did I blame Joe for anything? Learn how to read first before wasting our time.
I couldn't agree more, PurduePete's post is way off base.
Old 07-13-11, 04:18 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
I really didn't see the OP blaming or accusing Joe Z of anything. Just stating his outcome. I too have yet to record a decent gain like most other members.
You can be rest assured, I know my way around a dyno and drag strip. I didn't start a thread about my initial dissapointing gains, I just PM'ed JoeZ to let him know.
This thread isn't the first one where members show little, no or negative gains.
The fact remains, the F's ECM does some very sophisticated learning.
I look forward to doing a new baseline soon on my F, as I've clicked off a couple thousand miles since the last dyno and it feels more powerful.

~Dv8
You're the first person to bring up a baseline dyno

AKA this thread is more useless than my "greatest car ever" thread
Old 07-15-11, 04:29 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

I made this thread to get opinions on the reason(s) of no gains... not to accuse anyone of anything.
Old 07-16-11, 06:02 PM
MicaISF
Pole Position

it's a "forum." All opinions / observations / findings are welcome and appreciated.
Old 07-16-11, 06:52 PM
hydralisk
Driver

you know how it is... the more posts you have, the smarter you are..
Old 07-16-11, 07:20 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hydralisk
you know how it is... the more posts you have, the smarter you are..
I hear that ... or the louder your mouth is... sometimes ppl come across in a manor that is not very conducive to furthering the ClubLexus cause,and that cause is and always should be to bring us fellow Lexus enthusiast together, NOTto prove how smart and quick to jump on someones junk and stomp it into the ground you are or can be! I can't help but think that lots of very nice ppl have been left with bad taste in their mouths due to some ppls behavior on this site at times, there's simply NO need for it. We get it you are old as dirt and have been here since you were conceived, that does not make this YOUR site... Again it is simply a gathering spot for enthusiast. Remember all, God gave you TWO ears and only ONE mouth, and you should listen twice as much as you speak!
Old 07-16-11, 07:37 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your exhaust and intake are lemons lol
Old 07-16-11, 07:47 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^That's constructive

Lou
Old 07-17-11, 09:56 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ming15237
Remember all, God gave you TWO ears and only ONE mouth, and you should listen twice as much as you speak!
With the absence of audio on the forum you may have meant two eyes, so you can read twice and type once. LOL
Old 07-20-11, 06:51 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Rider
Do not intend to bash the product in any way.. but just stating the facts. After installing the exhaust/intake, we raced a stock isf and were shocked that the stock won. So we went ahead and dynoed the car again.. I think i remember another person who had a similar issue. Guess we are the unlucky ones.

Friend is just frustrated and thinking of getting an ISS exhaust
So has your friend tried putting his IS-F back to stock and racing another stock IS-F again??

Honestly putting another aftermarket exhaust on, is not going to solve anything.

There are soo many variables that can be causing this.. Not sure where to even start. Being that you over 8,000 miles away makes it even harder.

Truth is I can only do my best to help anyone.. My Intake & Exhaust have been dyno proven over and over again.

Most recently even by a 3rd party exhaust manufacturer which I will not name. Results were always consistent positive gains..

Below is the best dynos I have ever seen done, where the IS-F was never turned off after repeated runs.. Also showed gains consistently..

We Test the PTS-Joe Z IS-F Exhaust and verify K&N intake power!

^^ The above 3rd party testing was also done to once again re-prove that we make power..

I also notice you are comparing dynos from November of last year to dynos from this month...

If your friend gets it back to stock.. Make sure to get some current baseline dynos.
Also throw in an ECU Reset: Resetting the ECU

Best Regards,

Joe Z