New Owner From Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-11, 11:40 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner From Chicago

Hi all,
I just picked up a black '10 IS-F Friday night. I live in the Chicago area. I am loving it so far. I am coming from an Cadillac STS-V with 530hp, and do not regret the change one bit! I was trolling through the forum for the last week, reading up on the car. I have already hardwired my V1 through the mirror with info I've found.

The original owner looks to have put 6000k HID fogs which really make the headlights' color look dull. So I was thinking to either swapping out my headlight bulbs to 6000k to match or replacing the fogs with 3000k (yellow), thats the Lexus thing right? What do you guys think?

What size bulb is the headlight? I saw D4s and D4c mentioned, would either work?

Below are some photos from my phone.. poor quality.. when I purchased the car.
Attached Thumbnails New Owner From Chicago-imag0237.jpg   New Owner From Chicago-imag0243-1.jpg   New Owner From Chicago-imag0247.jpg  

Last edited by CaptAwsm; 05-29-11 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-29-11, 02:07 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Congrats and welcome to the CL fam. It's nice to see that the mod bug has already hit you. What other mods are you planning for the near future? What major differences do you see between the sts-v and the F?
Old 05-29-11, 02:54 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Congrats on the purchase! You can swap to 3000k or get yellow overlays.
Old 05-29-11, 05:06 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Very nice! As time goes by, you will like it more and more.
Old 05-29-11, 05:14 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Congrats and welcome!
Old 05-29-11, 05:21 PM
Fischy13
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISFSteve
Very nice! As time goes by, you will like it more and more.
Couldn't agree more with this statement. I keep thinking I may sell mine and get an AM V8 Vantage or a GT3....but once I drive the car, smile, get out and look at all the lines of the car again....i think to myself....Why would I get rid of this thing.
Old 05-29-11, 05:38 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Thanks guys! We have been getting rain on and off all weekend, I just want to go cruising!

I just ordered some LEDs for the puddles and parking lights along with 6000k headlights. I found out that the headlights don't matter between D4c/s. The car is near perfect from the factory, but I might be interested in some performance mods once the new car feeling wears off.. I love the black pearl accents and badges, but they seem to be an investment.. $400 for badges! Where is the best place to get a black pearl grill and set of badges?

It is hard to compare my STS-V to the IS-F, though both were flagship cars at their time. The caddy was much sloppier and super heavy. Even though it had a lot of power and features, it was still more of a family sedan. More comparable to an older S55 than an IS-F. I wanted something more nimble after the V. I chose the F over the competition for a lot of reasons, I especially love the lines and overall looks. It also seems so much rarer, I see at least 2 e90 m3s everyday. I am very happy with my purchase so far.
Old 05-29-11, 05:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome to CL... Great purchase...
Old 05-29-11, 06:14 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Get the Black Pearl Emblems from Sewell. Sign up with your Club Lexus I'd ID and you will get them for a decent price compared to what others sell them for.
Old 05-30-11, 08:05 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! My vote goes for 3000k fogs and yellow film overlays.
Old 05-30-11, 11:11 AM
mentroc
Driver

congrats on the F!
Old 05-30-11, 01:14 PM
JKweezy
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

welcome to the F family... didn't even know they made sts-v's since mostly you just here of the cts-v...

as for the emblems, you could save some money and invest in what's called plastidip... i've done it to my emblems and the can costs like $7 from home depot/lowes... here's a DIY... you can do it to the front grill area too... it just takes time to do it... it's a monster thread but the DIY is pretty easy... hit me up if u have any questions about it...

it's a matte black rather than the shiny black...
Old 05-30-11, 06:54 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats and Welcome! Don't forget to visit local chapter, "Chicago Lexus Club Forum." I belive you will be the third Obsidian IS-F. All together, I believe there is a total of 6 IS-F in and around the Chicago area.

2 - USBs (I'm one of them)
1 - MM (Seriouly modded from what I hear)
3 - Osidian

I hope we can all meet up one of these days.
Old 05-31-11, 12:13 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Originally Posted by JKweezy
as for the emblems, you could save some money and invest in what's called plastidip... i've done it to my emblems and the can costs like $7 from home depot/lowes... here's a DIY... you can do it to the front grill area too... it just takes time to do it... it's a monster thread but the DIY is pretty easy... hit me up if u have any questions about it...

it's a matte black rather than the shiny black...
Wow, massive thread, thanks for the link! That is a really cool concept, I think it might be worth trying out one evening. I read through the first 17ish pages then the last 3, there doesn't seem to be any problems with it from what I've read.. Has anyone had issues with it hurting the paint or peeling off the chrome when it is brought back to the stock badges/grill?

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Congrats and Welcome! Don't forget to visit local chapter, "Chicago Lexus Club Forum." I belive you will be the third Obsidian IS-F. All together, I believe there is a total of 6 IS-F in and around the Chicago area.

2 - USBs (I'm one of them)
1 - MM (Seriouly modded from what I hear)
3 - Osidian

I hope we can all meet up one of these days.
Cool! I would really like to meet up with you guys. Do any local guys have any of the exhausts? I'd love to hear some in person. At least all meet up at another local meet or car event. I feel this car would be appreciated at any event.. from kids at the JDM meets to the old guys at Barrington Cruise Nights.
Where are you at? I currently live in Palatine.
Old 05-31-11, 04:37 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Congrats! I'm gonna be at Woodfield Lexus on Thursday for service. Great place. Check out the Chicago section for the next meet.

Quick Reply: New Owner From Chicago