IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Water Pump leaking

Old 08-21-12, 09:38 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,326 Posts

Originally Posted by obby
Factory warranty for drivetrain is 70k or 6yrs. My car was well over 50k when I got my waterpump done which was cover under warranty and also my car doesnt have extended warranty.
Same here. Just don't expect Lexus to do a bang up job cleaning the engine bay where you can't see. They won't put 5 minutes into cleaning the under covers, but they'll spit polish up top so it looks good when the hood is up.
Old 08-22-12, 10:33 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okay guys not heres my problem. While i was driving my car today my vsc light came on. It was right after i hit the gas pretty good. I am wondering is this be because of water pump leak i have or is it because of the headers i had installed yesterday. What do you all think.
Old 08-22-12, 10:50 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VSC flashed? Yeah, after headers you may see that light more often.
Old 08-22-12, 11:13 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Would a water pump leak have anything at all to do with your VSC light? I can't see how it would... I would imagine that light came on after you punched it because of the extra power you're putting down. You were experiencing a loss of stability/traction more than likely.
Old 08-22-12, 11:18 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

The light flashed and then stayed on and just say is lit up now. I used the same exhaust manifold gasket. Anyone think it could be a leak from that. I have not heard of anyone having a problem with it .
Old 08-22-12, 11:43 AM
GenuineKid
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
O i read that wrong because i am paranoid that i will have a problem and then they decline my warranty because i have headers. Funny what the mind can do. I have 38000 on my car and got it certified pre owned a year ago i think ill be fine.
i doubt headers can void the water pump warranty, and especially if its a issue for the IS-F
Old 08-22-12, 12:29 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Code is p0607
Old 08-22-12, 12:40 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

10 char

Digger08

Last edited by digger08; 08-22-12 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-22-12, 01:37 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

So I just got my car check for leaks. Nothing. O2 sim wired correctly. It also had a bunch of other codes. Random ones also like lose gas cap. But for some reason the place could not clear the codes. They they think it Is their scanner though. Any thoughts.
Old 08-22-12, 02:24 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

So I just got my car check for leaks. Nothing. O2 sim wired correctly. It also had a bunch of other codes. Random ones also like lose gas cap. But for some reason the place could not clear the codes. They they think it Is their scanner though. Any thoughts.
I have a scanner and can clear the codes for you (or at least see if mine has the same trouble). Text me later.

As far as what is causing the problem, that I don't know.
Old 08-23-12, 12:39 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

Zapa your problems seemed like mine before, but when i didn't have headers. Everytime i punched it, i got the VSC light and everything else. It was due to a bad brake actuator ($3000) covered under warranty.

For my water pump, my SA yesterday showed me the TIS for the water pump. For it to be covered under warranty, your need to have a WATERFALL of pink fluid coming down, otherwise it's a patch up work. 1st time i went in, they just did a patch up work since it was only leaking very little. But after that fix it was leaking the same amount and when i brought it in, then they said it will be a patch-up, but my SA decided to just change the whole water pump itself cause hes into car's and understand the full potential if the water pump did fail..
Old 08-23-12, 04:23 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GenuineKid
Zapa your problems seemed like mine before, but when i didn't have headers. Everytime i punched it, i got the VSC light and everything else. It was due to a bad brake actuator ($3000) covered under warranty.

For my water pump, my SA yesterday showed me the TIS for the water pump. For it to be covered under warranty, your need to have a WATERFALL of pink fluid coming down, otherwise it's a patch up work. 1st time i went in, they just did a patch up work since it was only leaking very little. But after that fix it was leaking the same amount and when i brought it in, then they said it will be a patch-up, but my SA decided to just change the whole water pump itself cause hes into car's and understand the full potential if the water pump did fail..
I don't get a code every time i punch it. I think it was a loose connection some where in the O2 sim. It did not come back on today but we will see if it comes back on.

Did you have to make the traction control flicker before the light went off?
Old 08-23-12, 04:42 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

I don't get a code every time i punch it. I think it was a loose connection some where in the O2 sim. It did not come back on today but we will see if it comes back on.

Did you have to make the traction control flicker before the light went off?
all my dash lights light up pretty much. traction, vsc, etc.
Old 08-29-12, 05:10 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

God damn this has been haunting me for months, pretty much since I bought the car. (58k) I just saw this thread and realized what it is.

I was loosing heat all the time unless you floor it and then I noticed my coolant was always low after a few months.

I just looked down today and saw what you guys are talking about... The **** off is I just ticked over 70000 miles... 72ish I think.

I'll talk to my service adviser see if he can slip it in, he's a good guy and see if he can put it in with the oil chance since I was last there it was 68k and I'm about due for my next oil change.

This really should be a TSB /recall it's clearly defective if ALL 08-09's are having this problem.

Last edited by zazzn; 08-29-12 at 05:25 AM.
Old 09-02-12, 11:24 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

it's a common issue. i had mine done before too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water Pump leaking