Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)

Old 10-06-11, 12:57 PM   #46
bnizzle87
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Brian 08ISF bn1zzle87

I had mine custom made at a shop and it was well worth the price. After almost four years enduring nature, it still protects like it should. But if you're an owner that doesn't have a garage to stick it in, a quality car cover is nothing to skimp on, I think.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Aerotect | Tom's | Joe Z + Performance Tube Systems | Xenon Depot | AutoCouture | Beat-Sonic | WALD | BC Racing + Swift | Volk Racing | PPE | ?
bnizzle87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:24 PM   #47
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Well I just got my custom car cover. It is weather shieldHP since my car will be stored out side at school. The fitment is spot on perfect. My wald spoiler pulls it up a bit in the rear but still covers perfectly.
Attached Images

zapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:44 PM   #48
SeanGTS
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

Have you checked with your school Zapa? My school wouldn't let me. You also need to think about people may see that as a target to mess with, since it would be obvious you care about your car.

2010 GT-R Super Silver
Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust/Intake AFE Filter K40 Radar SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport
SeanGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:53 PM   #49
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

What SeanGTS said... that's such a tacky color and it makes you a target for vandalism. Unless there are other college kids with high end cars. Word of advice, don't break up with your ex in the same college. I think one of mine were the culprit in loosening the lug nuts on my Integra at the college lot...

Leader & Founder of NEISF: Official NorthEast ISF's
NEISF hosts biggest ISF meet in the world! Pictures/videos HERE.
VtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 01:05 PM   #50
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGTS View Post
Have you checked with your school Zapa? My school wouldn't let me. You also need to think about people may see that as a target to mess with, since it would be obvious you care about your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
What SeanGTS said... that's such a tacky color and it makes you a target for vandalism. Unless there are other college kids with high end cars. Word of advice, don't break up with your ex in the same college. I think one of mine were the culprit in loosening the lug nuts on my Integra at the college lot...
Well I am going to Davidson College (a very small prestigious liberal art school with an intense honor code) and the school colors are red and black. Also my gf is a already in college somewhere else and I saw a few cars under covers at Davidson while I was visiting. I am thinking about doing some custom vinyl's on it to show some more school pride.
Old 06-06-13, 01:14 PM   #51
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

I've had quite a few car covers over the years and was always less than satisfied with them. They get dirty and dusty underneath and that can lead to scratches in the paint and otherwise obsessive behaviour on your part. They are generally too big to put into anything but an industrial-sized washing machine so keeping them clean is a royal pain. As someone mentioned, they can lead to an increased level of vandalism against your car. I can guarantee that even the best fitting cover WILL be lifted during high winds so make sure you use the tie-downs so you don't loose the cover completely. On the positive side, they do keep bird "lime" off your baby. Oh, one last note: Cops here in Loudoun County, VA, like car covers because they are able to hide the tickets they write. I once had a cover on my Porsche 928 that I had parked a little too forward of a fire hydrant. When I got back off a business trip, I lifted the cover to find no less than 4 tickets written for the same violation which, of course, I was duty-bound to pay.
62 Austin Healey Sprite (sold), 64 Triumph TR-4 (sold), 68 Chevrolet Corvette 427 c.i. 435 h.p. (sold), 73 Chevy Nova SS-350 replaced with 427 cid big block (sold), 82 & 89 Porsche 928s (sold), 90 Taurus SHO (sold), 96 Fix Or Repair Daily Taurus (sold), 95 Lexus SC-400 (sold), 99 Corvette (sold), 02 Corvette Z-06 (sold), 04 Lexus SC-430 (sold), 06 Lexus GS-300AWD (sold), 09 Mazda CX-7 (sold), 08 Lexus IS-F MMR (sold), 11 Jeep Grand Cherokee (current), 13 GS-350 RR (current)

Last edited by jkeifer3; 06-06-13 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: typo
jkeifer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 01:47 PM   #52
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeifer3 View Post
I've had quite a few car covers over the years and was always less than satisfied with them. They get dirty and dusty underneath and that can lead to scratches in the paint and otherwise obsessive behaviour on your part. They are generally too big to put into anything but an industrial-sized washing machine so keeping them clean is a royal pain. As someone mentioned, they can lead to an increased level of vandalism against your car. I can guarantee that even the best fitting cover WILL be lifted during high winds so make sure you use the tie-downs so you don't loose the cover completely. On the positive side, they do keep bird "lime" off your baby. Oh, one last note: Cops here in Loudoun County, VA, like car covers because they are able to hide the tickets they write. I once had a cover on my Porsche 928 that I had parked a little too forward of a fire hydrant. When I got back off a business trip, I lifted the cover to find no less than 4 tickets written for the same violation which, of course, I was duty-bound to pay.
Yes I am aware they can cause scratches. I wish the inside of them was microfiber but I guess that is too much to ask for. I have applied 22ple on my car so I am not really worried about causing any damage to the actual clear. I am currently trying to figure the best way to get it on while reducing the risk of scratching. I have a few different methods for washing it and yes it does have weather tie downs.

I will not be putting the cover on everyday just when I know I will not be driving the car for a week or two.
Old 06-09-13, 09:04 AM   #53
lilcop17
Driver

x 219 hustla x thatfiveoh4604

the link that was posted had microfiber in the inside
lilcop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:40 AM   #54
rmillsISF
Rookie

Default car cover

I need a good car cover. Anyone have recommendations?

I've seen numerous ones on ebay and there's a lexus one, but I'm not sure if that one is any good quality either... Anyone have a review on what they have?
rmillsISF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:49 AM   #55
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Trader Score: (2)

profile.php?id=100001050339562 @DaveGS4 DaveGS4 The Real DaveGS4

Added to merged IS-F car cover threads, also

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...iscussion.html

*** Click image for team info! ***

LS430 Ultra * PCS * ML * Rear Fridge * Massaging and Reclining Rear Seats * Vaistech SL-I * Coastal Lockpick

Tundra SR5 5.7 and BMW E36 M3/4 track car (wife's)

** Want to put your PC to good use every night?** Click here to join the Club Lexus Folding Team and help find a cure for cancer and other diseases. May the force be with you.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-20-13 at 08:52 AM..
DaveGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 10:33 AM   #56
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

I love my weathershield nothing and i mean nothing makes it way through that thing and it keeps my car very cool even in 90+ degree weather. it seems to be standing up extremely well to weather and has not faded in color one bit.
Old 10-20-13, 05:08 PM   #57
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Zack how much was the Weathershield HP? Planning to pick one up when my current XtremeCoverPro cover starts ripping.

Leader & Founder of NEISF: Official NorthEast ISF's
NEISF hosts biggest ISF meet in the world! Pictures/videos HERE.
VtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 06:01 PM   #58
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Zack how much was the Weathershield HP? Planning to pick one up when my current XtremeCoverPro cover starts ripping.
It was pretty pricy... I remember it being like $350
Old 10-20-13, 08:29 PM   #59
thekhmer
Pole Position

I have a basically brand new weathershield I'm willing to sell gf got it for me but I'd rather get one lighter for use inside the garage
thekhmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:29 PM

Tags
2007, 350, 4l, begin, california, car, carcovor, care, carscover, carscovercom, club, clublexus, cover, covercraft, covers, custom, empire, evolution, factory, fit, forum, gs, hawaii, indoor, is250, is350, isf, kind, lexus, license, ls460, maryland, oem, plate, process, quarto, quatro, review, reviews, reviiews, sale, sell, temp, titan, truck, waterproof, weather, when, window, worth