IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Any 10 second IS-Fs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-11, 02:33 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Any 10 second IS-Fs?

I know Mr Slay was pretty close with his 11.3 run. With my current mods and the NX kit/Methanol combo I'm installing, I'm hoping to hit the 10s with a good set of DRs.

Does anybody have any knowledge of any IS-Fs hitting the 10 second mark?

Please refrain from the "nitrous will make your engine explode" comments. MrSlay has ran his nitrous kit virtually trouble free for a while now so I'm not too concerned.
Old 04-28-11, 04:10 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its fair to say nobody has hit a 10.99 or faster yet.

Is the NX kit an off the shelf type kit or does it have to be pieced together?
Single fogger or Direct port?
Fuel enrichment comes from the NX kit ?

Thanks.

~Dv8
Old 04-28-11, 04:15 PM
mikefate
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy way to shave some time is weight savings.
Old 04-28-11, 07:24 PM
j8123
Driver

I am no tuner, but have done some tuning on my own cars in the past. I would not see any real benefits from running meth on the F without full control of the tune (timing, A/F's, etc). If anything I would think it would cause a rich condition that could do damage. If you really want to hit the 10's I bet with slicks a little weight reduction and a kit you could get there for sure. The only problem I see is your tranny or rearend might give you a present if pushed that hard. It's just my opinion, so don't take it as fact.
Old 04-28-11, 07:37 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by j8123
I am no tuner, but have done some tuning on my own cars in the past. I would not see any real benefits from running meth on the F without full control of the tune (timing, A/F's, etc). If anything I would think it would cause a rich condition that could do damage. If you really want to hit the 10's I bet with slicks a little weight reduction and a kit you could get there for sure. The only problem I see is your tranny or rearend might give you a present if pushed that hard. It's just my opinion, so don't take it as fact.
I have to agree with you on the Meth/N2O combination. I have seen it used before, but dont really have too much experience with it.

With good track conditions, i believe my time can be bested on DRs considering the run @ 1945 DA. With a full slick, im 100% sure 10s are easily achievable. As of now, the ISF platform is traction limited in the 1/4 mile.

Good luck and keep us posted

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 04-28-11 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-28-11, 08:01 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldn't it be more likely to have a lean condition and detonation, especially if you hit the rev-limiter while spraying. MrSlay, isn't that a concern? I don't have any 1st-hand experience - just interested.
Old 04-28-11, 08:54 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 7No
Wouldn't it be more likely to have a lean condition and detonation, especially if you hit the rev-limiter while spraying. MrSlay, isn't that a concern? I don't have any 1st-hand experience - just interested.
Yes, it is. I have roasted a few plugs so i have learned just not to hit the limiter.
Old 04-28-11, 08:56 PM
mikefate
Lead Lap

Dialing in your suspension is also important. Especially for traction out of the box.
Old 04-28-11, 09:06 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Yes, it is. I have roasted a few plugs so i have learned just not to hit the limiter.
are you a step colder or just sticking with oem? What about gap? Looking at the coil packs they dont look to hard to get to, but I have no idea. Is it super hard to change all 8 plugs?
Old 04-29-11, 04:52 AM
j8123
Driver

Originally Posted by 7No
Sorry, maybe I did not explain my thoughts well. I was referring to him running a meth kit with nitrous in general, not if he hit the rev limiter. Hitting the rev limiter is not a good thing while running a shot. It can be fixed by adding a window switch.
Old 04-29-11, 06:18 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
Its fair to say nobody has hit a 10.99 or faster yet.

Is the NX kit an off the shelf type kit or does it have to be pieced together?
Single fogger or Direct port?
Fuel enrichment comes from the NX kit ?

Thanks.

~Dv8
The ideal set up would be a direct port dry shot.

Originally Posted by mikefate
Easy way to shave some time is weight savings.
I still want this to be streetable. Sure I could take out the spare and the seats before I go to the track. But I also want to be able to pull this up to the valet without people looking at me like I'm an idiot.
Here are some very useful resources regarding this subject.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...icle_info.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/nitrou...nol-combo.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...00-120mph.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-n20-isfs.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-2-3-10-a.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ming-soon.html

Sorry, maybe I did not explain my thoughts well. I was referring to him running a meth kit with nitrous in general, not if he hit the rev limiter. Hitting the rev limiter is not a good thing while running a shot. It can be fixed by adding a window switch.
Bingo.
Old 02-07-12, 10:30 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
bumping back up... Why not run one step colder plugs... Or are you and those still roasted?
Also, does tranny slip bother you?
Old 02-08-12, 04:43 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CCJ22
bumping back up... Why not run one step colder plugs... Or are you and those still roasted?
Also, does tranny slip bother you?
I dont run the colder plugs because they wouldn't make much of a difference. The plugs fail when the afr goes lean bouncing off the rev limiter, or you dont have the correct fuel. Ive learned my lesson on both avenues, so now I dont have a problem with killing plugs.

Only transmission issue that I've had at the track was due to overheating. Apparently, if you hot lap about 12-15 times, the transmission will get hot enough to put the car into limp-mode. Other than that, car runs great.

Im thinking about going to the track on some power so I can hit 10s..... When the weather clears up we should get some of the F guys down here together for a meet.
Old 02-08-12, 04:54 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Spray and meth is a recipe for disaster especially if you don't have fuel control!

How are you adding fuel especially since it's Direct injection and there is no FPR from what I understand.

I'm surprised your plugs melted only, usually if you get an engine that hot, you will melt pistons and such.

Well at least 7m's and 2jz's do that's for sure.
Old 02-08-12, 05:01 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

^^^ You have to remember the type of plug we use. The iridium plugs are not super strong and are very temperamental when it comes to heat and detonation.

Edit: The Direct Injection dosent play a roll...

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 02-08-12 at 05:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Any 10 second IS-Fs?