IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Project Mu brake pads installed + review for Ishii Motor Industries, Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-11, 05:22 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These pads have and continue you to serve me well and I'm glad to see others finally giving them a try. I've had these for over a year and I feel that they are the only real aftermarket that is a good alternative to the OEM pads. In addition to which they significantly reduce brake dust, stop like OEM and fit like OEM.
Old 03-10-11, 06:54 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

After 4 days and 100 miles, almost no dust on the wheels. I gave the wheels a good wash right after I got the pads on so I have a clean slate to judge on.
Old 03-10-11, 06:56 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by N54MPower
These pads have and continue you to serve me well and I'm glad to see others finally giving them a try. I've had these for over a year and I feel that they are the only real aftermarket that is a good alternative to the OEM pads. In addition to which they significantly reduce brake dust, stop like OEM and fit like OEM.
I feel like I've found a real gem with these pads. More ISF owners really need to know about these pads. Like you mentioned, they perform great without all the dusty mess.
Old 03-10-11, 08:07 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drive my car hard, and after trying aftermarket pads I realized that I prefer dust than sacrifing braking performance. Do these pads perform like OEM? I mean, do they fade when hot? Do they grab as OEM? How about the initial bite, when cold?

The OEM pads are awesome except for the dust, but if the Project Mu performed as well then I'll be getting them.
Old 03-10-11, 08:26 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Juanca
I drive my car hard, and after trying aftermarket pads I realized that I prefer dust than sacrifing braking performance. Do these pads perform like OEM? I mean, do they fade when hot? Do they grab as OEM? How about the initial bite, when cold?

The OEM pads are awesome except for the dust, but if the Project Mu performed as well then I'll be getting them.
I do track days on the same NS compound on another car I have and they perform without fail.

One of the main reasons I'm not a fan of the Hawk street pads is their lack of initial bite. I can even get Hawk pads for FREE and I won't use them.

I've done stops from 120+ without fade in my IS F. They have good initial bite without being as "grabby" as the OEM pads. I've had them for over a year and recommend them without hesitation.

My philosophy when replacing parts is to buy and use stuff that performs and fits as close to OEM parts. These do just that minus the dust and noise.

Here is another tid bit, almost 50% of the cars that run in the NASCAR Nationwide series run Project Mu pads In addition to a few guys in Rolex Grand Am and ALMS.
Old 03-11-11, 09:19 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
After 4 days and 100 miles, almost no dust on the wheels. I gave the wheels a good wash right after I got the pads on so I have a clean slate to judge on.
thank you sold me, I will pick up a set of these pads very soon!

Is there any vendor on here that is a good place to buy from?

rick
Old 03-11-11, 09:23 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by N54MPower
I do track days on the same NS compound on another car I have and they perform without fail.

One of the main reasons I'm not a fan of the Hawk street pads is their lack of initial bite. I can even get Hawk pads for FREE and I won't use them.

I've done stops from 120+ without fade in my IS F. They have good initial bite without being as "grabby" as the OEM pads. I've had them for over a year and recommend them without hesitation.

My philosophy when replacing parts is to buy and use stuff that performs and fits as close to OEM parts. These do just that minus the dust and noise.

Here is another tid bit, almost 50% of the cars that run in the NASCAR Nationwide series run Project Mu pads In addition to a few guys in Rolex Grand Am and ALMS.
Thanks for the review. One question...any problems with these pads in the rain. I remember reading somewhere that these pads felt less effective with it was wet/rain. Considering the amount of rain that we are getting, this is a factor to consider...Darshana S...
Old 03-11-11, 10:09 AM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Supraman16
Thanks for the review. One question...any problems with these pads in the rain. I remember reading somewhere that these pads felt less effective with it was wet/rain. Considering the amount of rain that we are getting, this is a factor to consider...Darshana S...

I don't drive my car in the rain (don't want to have to clean it) so I can't answer that, but relatively speaking So Cal doesn't really have that much rain compared with other parts of the country.

Assuming that your brake pads aren't worn and your tires are in good condition the only other factor that should be affecting how effective the brakes are at stopping the car in the wet is the actual water on the road.

I've never seen a review for these pads that said that so I'd be interested to see that.