IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Mother of all extended warranty threads - look here first!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-11, 04:53 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you bought your car with miles your still under warranty. I would by an extended warranty as mine has already helped me out with my F.
Old 09-22-11, 05:59 PM
ATLinWI202
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
correct, if you want an extended lexus warranty, you have to buy it prior to the factory warranty running out.
Not True. You can still buy a Lexus Platinum or Gold warranty, it will just be a little more expensive than if you had bought it when the vehicle was considered new (under 48mo or 50k mi).

Hello all. this is my first post ;-)
Old 09-22-11, 06:11 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got mine new back in May or June 2008, I think it had 15 miles.

My last visit to the dealer was a month ago when I got my front caliper replaced under warranty, odo read about 49,600 miles so it's on my service record already. I guess I'll have to go with anything other than Lexus/Toyota warranties.
Old 09-22-11, 06:12 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Hey ATLinWI202, how do you know that? Did you go through that process? Interesting, I'll visit my dealer this weekend.
Old 09-22-11, 06:34 PM
ATLinWI202
Driver School Candidate

Im a service writer at a Lexus dealer. I just went and verified with the finance manager. PM me if you want any detailed info. Cool forum btw guys.
Old 09-22-11, 07:19 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ WOW, now we can get accurate information from Lexus! Hey guys, watch out with what we say and show here, we may get our warranty denied... LOL, just kidding!

Thanks ATLinWI202!
Old 09-22-11, 07:55 PM
ATLinWI202
Driver School Candidate

No problem. I dont wan't my inside access to cause distress to anyone, lol.
Old 09-22-11, 08:43 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLinWI202
Not True. You can still buy a Lexus Platinum or Gold warranty, it will just be a little more expensive than if you had bought it when the vehicle was considered new (under 48mo or 50k mi).

Hello all. this is my first post ;-)
What kinda MSRP prices are we looking at, can you list what you can?

I know at BMW they have a list of MSRP prices which is all included in the report contained with the info from the key, so any service advisor can print it out, but some are dicks and say they can't, with good reason
Their finance department takes the same damn print out, takes all the MSRP prices, and adds about 15% to them, and then says if you buy the warranty AND maint package both, you get 10% off, the audacity!
So you google hard enough, and obviously markets start to clear and you can find dealers selling the warranties at msrp or lower in many cases -- but sometimes some dealers are dicks and resell crap. Like forever-waxes, or tire-warranties AS LONG AS YOU COME IN EVERY THREE MONTHS FOR INSPECTION or **** like that
One thing I still hate about dealers is the insulation many put up between you and the car when it's being worked on. I am still bitter about BMW dealer telling me they changed spark plugs, listed it on the invoice (and probably billed BMW for it too) but finding out they never were done! Always find an indy you can trust..... especially one who can work with any extended warranty you buy (my cousin got screwed and they only pay upto 80$/hour for labor -- wtf?)
Old 09-22-11, 08:50 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Read the fine prints, especiall for those with wheels / suspension mods.
Old 09-23-11, 05:22 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
What kinda MSRP prices are we looking at, can you list what you can?
Pricing is on Lexus financing website:
http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum...rSelected=IS-F
Old 09-26-11, 08:09 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ I was a hair over 50K so they helped me out and didn't charge anything extra. They even said that I can cancel the extended warranty (if I sell the car or trade it in) and they'll refund me for the balance before the 6yr/100,000 miles. Also I can pass the extended warranty to another owner.
Old 09-26-11, 08:24 AM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Juanca
Thanks ATLinWI202 and Andy for your help, I went to the dealer yesterday and got the Platinum warranty for $2,450 (6 yr. / 100,000 miles - no deductible).
They even said that I can cancel the extended warranty (if I sell the car or trade it in) and they'll refund me for the balance before the 6yr/100,000 miles. Also I can pass the extended warranty to another owner.
That doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Around $400 a year for a secure feeling and free doughnuts with every service.
Old 09-26-11, 09:44 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Default ?

^^^ I was a hair over 50K so they helped me out and didn't charge anything extra. They even said that I can cancel the extended warranty (if I sell the car or trade it in) and they'll refund me for the balance before the 6yr/100,000 miles. Also I can pass the extended warranty to another owner.
This extended warranty starts from date of purchase new correct. If so then that's not much time if u have an 08. Mileage would be 50k more not a 100k.
Old 09-26-11, 09:49 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks ATLinWI202 and Andy for your help, I went to the dealer yesterday and got the Platinum warranty for $2,450 (6 yr. / 100,000 miles - no deductible). While there I got the chance to test drive this car:
awesome, glad to hear and glad to hear that you can extended after the 50k. i thought once you were over it was done.

^^^ WOW, now we can get accurate information from Lexus! Hey guys, watch out with what we say and show here, we may get our warranty denied... LOL, just kidding!

Thanks ATLinWI202!
actually i know some dealers that do that. on my other forum i frequent, a member is a lexus tech at the dealer i go through and he mentioned to me how he found info on a CL members build thread when he tried to claim his car should have been warrantied.
Old 09-26-11, 11:01 AM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
awesome, glad to hear and glad to hear that you can extended after the 50k. i thought once you were over it was done.

actually i know some dealers that do that. on my other forum i frequent, a member is a lexus tech at the dealer i go through and he mentioned to me how he found info on a CL members build thread when he tried to claim his car should have been warrantied.
+ 1 on clarifying the extended warranty.

A franchised dealer can decline to fix a part but NONE of them can void a warranty. Only Lexus can void a warranty. The dealer doesn't have the final say in whether something gets fixed or not.

Quick Reply: Mother of all extended warranty threads - look here first!