Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS F
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mother of all extended warranty threads - look here first!

Old 09-22-11, 04:53 PM   #46
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Unless you bought your car with miles your still under warranty. I would by an extended warranty as mine has already helped me out with my F.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
14 IS 250 F-Sport (Hers)
14 IS 350
12 Prius
My Youtube Channel
MRxSLAYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 05:59 PM   #47
ATLinWI202
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
correct, if you want an extended lexus warranty, you have to buy it prior to the factory warranty running out.
Not True. You can still buy a Lexus Platinum or Gold warranty, it will just be a little more expensive than if you had bought it when the vehicle was considered new (under 48mo or 50k mi).

Hello all. this is my first post ;-)
ATLinWI202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 06:11 PM   #48
Juanca
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

I got mine new back in May or June 2008, I think it had 15 miles.

My last visit to the dealer was a month ago when I got my front caliper replaced under warranty, odo read about 49,600 miles so it's on my service record already. I guess I'll have to go with anything other than Lexus/Toyota warranties.
Old 09-22-11, 06:12 PM   #49
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Hey ATLinWI202, how do you know that? Did you go through that process? Interesting, I'll visit my dealer this weekend.
Old 09-22-11, 06:34 PM   #50
ATLinWI202
Driver School Candidate

Im a service writer at a Lexus dealer. I just went and verified with the finance manager. PM me if you want any detailed info. Cool forum btw guys.
Old 09-22-11, 07:19 PM   #51
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ WOW, now we can get accurate information from Lexus! Hey guys, watch out with what we say and show here, we may get our warranty denied... LOL, just kidding!

Thanks ATLinWI202!
Old 09-22-11, 07:55 PM   #52
ATLinWI202
Driver School Candidate

No problem. I dont wan't my inside access to cause distress to anyone, lol.
Old 09-22-11, 08:43 PM   #53
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLinWI202 View Post
Not True. You can still buy a Lexus Platinum or Gold warranty, it will just be a little more expensive than if you had bought it when the vehicle was considered new (under 48mo or 50k mi).

Hello all. this is my first post ;-)
What kinda MSRP prices are we looking at, can you list what you can?

I know at BMW they have a list of MSRP prices which is all included in the report contained with the info from the key, so any service advisor can print it out, but some are dicks and say they can't, with good reason
Their finance department takes the same damn print out, takes all the MSRP prices, and adds about 15% to them, and then says if you buy the warranty AND maint package both, you get 10% off, the audacity!
So you google hard enough, and obviously markets start to clear and you can find dealers selling the warranties at msrp or lower in many cases -- but sometimes some dealers are dicks and resell crap. Like forever-waxes, or tire-warranties AS LONG AS YOU COME IN EVERY THREE MONTHS FOR INSPECTION or **** like that
One thing I still hate about dealers is the insulation many put up between you and the car when it's being worked on. I am still bitter about BMW dealer telling me they changed spark plugs, listed it on the invoice (and probably billed BMW for it too) but finding out they never were done! Always find an indy you can trust..... especially one who can work with any extended warranty you buy (my cousin got screwed and they only pay upto 80$/hour for labor -- wtf?)

2008 LS600lh | 2006 LX470 | 2008 IS-F x2| 2004 360 Spyder | 2011 C63 w/ P31 + 471 | TLN #8
vraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 08:50 PM   #54
avgj0F
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

Read the fine prints, especiall for those with wheels / suspension mods.
avgj0F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 05:22 PM   #55
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraa View Post
What kinda MSRP prices are we looking at, can you list what you can?
Pricing is on Lexus financing website:
http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum...rSelected=IS-F
Old 09-26-11, 08:09 AM   #56
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ I was a hair over 50K so they helped me out and didn't charge anything extra. They even said that I can cancel the extended warranty (if I sell the car or trade it in) and they'll refund me for the balance before the 6yr/100,000 miles. Also I can pass the extended warranty to another owner.
Old 09-26-11, 08:24 AM   #57
tenspeed
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanca View Post
Thanks ATLinWI202 and Andy for your help, I went to the dealer yesterday and got the Platinum warranty for $2,450 (6 yr. / 100,000 miles - no deductible).
Quote:
They even said that I can cancel the extended warranty (if I sell the car or trade it in) and they'll refund me for the balance before the 6yr/100,000 miles. Also I can pass the extended warranty to another owner.
That doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Around $400 a year for a secure feeling and free doughnuts with every service.
Old 09-26-11, 09:44 AM   #58
spddemon
Pole Position

Default ?

Quote:
^^^ I was a hair over 50K so they helped me out and didn't charge anything extra. They even said that I can cancel the extended warranty (if I sell the car or trade it in) and they'll refund me for the balance before the 6yr/100,000 miles. Also I can pass the extended warranty to another owner.
This extended warranty starts from date of purchase new correct. If so then that's not much time if u have an 08. Mileage would be 50k more not a 100k.
spddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 09:49 AM   #59
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

Quote:
Thanks ATLinWI202 and Andy for your help, I went to the dealer yesterday and got the Platinum warranty for $2,450 (6 yr. / 100,000 miles - no deductible). While there I got the chance to test drive this car:
awesome, glad to hear and glad to hear that you can extended after the 50k. i thought once you were over it was done.

Quote:
^^^ WOW, now we can get accurate information from Lexus! Hey guys, watch out with what we say and show here, we may get our warranty denied... LOL, just kidding!

Thanks ATLinWI202!
actually i know some dealers that do that. on my other forum i frequent, a member is a lexus tech at the dealer i go through and he mentioned to me how he found info on a CL members build thread when he tried to claim his car should have been warrantied.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 11:01 AM   #60
N54MPower
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
awesome, glad to hear and glad to hear that you can extended after the 50k. i thought once you were over it was done.

actually i know some dealers that do that. on my other forum i frequent, a member is a lexus tech at the dealer i go through and he mentioned to me how he found info on a CL members build thread when he tried to claim his car should have been warrantied.
+ 1 on clarifying the extended warranty.

A franchised dealer can decline to fix a part but NONE of them can void a warranty. Only Lexus can void a warranty. The dealer doesn't have the final say in whether something gets fixed or not.
N54MPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 11:01 AM

Tags
100k, 2006, 2008, 6206648844, accord, added, broken, bumper, buying, care, carwheels, comparison, contact, end, extended, factory, gs300, honda, isf, it, jerryjmidwestsuperstorecom, lexas, lexus, matenance, midwest, offering, penske, plan, plans, platinum, price, rims, superstore, warranties, warranty, wheel, wheels, whels, windshield, worth, zurich