IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F values down the road??? Collectible?

Old 02-07-11, 07:38 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ARehman
But to be fair and make this more of an apples to apples comparison, the ISF is the first generation of performance cars from Lexus and is the first ever production vehicle with the F badge. The E30 M3 was the first true M car for sale in the US if I remember correctly and a good condition example will still bring 25k dollars, when the price was only around 30k dollars. The reason being that it was a limited production vehicle, where as the E36 was extremely common with the exception of the lightweight model which was rare and still can bring more than original sticker price if in pristine condition. I think if anyone owns a NM F, and keeps it in pristine condition it could be viewed as a collector car. The rest of the F's will hold their value pretty well and in the future could see a high resale value even 15 years from now, especially if poduction of V8 cars moves to hybrids.
i couldnt agree more... I dont think it will be a real collectible, but i do think its something if you hold on to it long enough, youll be suprised how much theyre selling for down the road, i dont see them dropping too much more, with the exception of horrible condition and a ton of miles.
Old 02-08-11, 02:11 AM
m3twof
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sure it will be specially "08" Isf .. time will tell...
Old 02-08-11, 06:33 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

It is all speculation really. The only indication that it will be worth anything is the limited production numbers. That certainly helps. Over time, more and more of these will disappear from the roads making the remaining ones more valuable. It will be 2033 before the first generation ISF is up for "collectible" status, so who knows. I think the L/T branding will help solidify the car's dependability, but otherwise, I have no idea.

Personally, the ISF is my first "attainable" dream car. A car that when I saw it I said, "I have to own one. I WILL own one." Therefore, "Gina" will be in my family for at least 10 years. --> on a side note: to my ex-wife (a.k.a. El Diablo), who said I will never be able to buy a car like this, I say PHA-Q!!
Old 02-08-11, 01:48 PM
inventurou
Driver School Candidate

Well, mine's a daily driver with 32k miles and counting, and a 100k extended warranty, so I plan to drive it into the ground and don't really care what it will be worth at the end, given how much pleasure I derive from it along the way. It's the journey, not the destination. LOL
Old 02-08-11, 08:14 PM
ARehman
Rookie

Originally Posted by inventurou
Well, mine's a daily driver with 32k miles and counting, and a 100k extended warranty, so I plan to drive it into the ground and don't really care what it will be worth at the end, given how much pleasure I derive from it along the way. It's the journey, not the destination. LOL
You never know, average condition 150k+ mile Supra's still are not exactly cheap.
Old 02-08-11, 08:32 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by ARehman
You never know, average condition 150k+ mile Supra's still are not exactly cheap.

yup my point exactly.....

i plan on buying another ISF driving it until its paid off, then parking it in the garage with a cover over it, and buying something cheap to drive everyday (since i cant afford both at the same time, unless one was paid for) and maybe one day down the road ill have something worth something, as long as i keep it clean and maintain it.
Old 11-27-13, 04:33 PM
Swearengin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
i want to know what the production #'s were like...

for example... my 94 6speed hard top MKIV was one of less than 300 ever brought into the US... they only were avail the first 3 production years here in the states...

hard to come by and fetches more than just any other MKIV...
in 2008 lexus made a little over 4000 isf's 2700 of them were ship to the united states.
I have talked to several people that have dealships and frequent auctions and they think the car could be a collectors item in ten to 15 years. especially when lexus puts a 6 cyl. engine in the newer models.
I love my is f and hope to hang onto it for a long time.
Old 11-27-13, 06:08 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Swearengin
in 2008 lexus made a little over 4000 isf's 2700 of them were ship to the united states.
I have talked to several people that have dealships and frequent auctions and they think the car could be a collectors item in ten to 15 years. especially when lexus puts a 6 cyl. engine in the newer models.
I love my is f and hope to hang onto it for a long time.
nice, just curious, what is the source of your numbers?

thanks!
b
Old 11-27-13, 06:54 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

There a few threads on this forum that talk about production numbers. The search function of this forum seems to have changed or be broken It it wasn't, I would attach one. I can tell you that I have a late model 2008, and the last four digits of my VIN are 4420.

Lou
Old 11-27-13, 07:29 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
There a few threads on this forum that talk about production numbers. The search function of this forum seems to have changed or be broken It it wasn't, I would attach one. I can tell you that I have a late model 2008, and the last four digits of my VIN are 4420.

Lou
yeh not sure whats going on with the search....i have seen those threads but i don't believe there is any confirmed numbers from lexus, just some guesses based on vin's, which are probably pretty close to being in the ballpark.

just sounded like he had some really specific numbers, so was just curious the source.
Old 11-27-13, 09:20 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^ ^ ^ ^ Search function seems to be working again:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...d-to-date.html

Lou
Old 11-28-13, 07:50 AM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If any of them are going to be collectable it's going to be the final model year last run of cars that are going to be extremely rare. Even so I don't see them holding their value or really being a "collectable" like that of a Supra or E30 M3 IMHO.
Old 11-29-13, 04:55 PM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

I believe the IS-F was designed to be collectible. Limited production, ending in '14. The only model from the F unit aside from LFA. A true monster, with luxury appointments and outstanding quality, built to last. Definitely collectible.
Old 08-01-16, 11:10 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Well, gentlemen

Looks like the prices for ISF are about the same. Just to add my thought: I don't really care too much about the collectible aspect of the vehicle, rather the actual value of the vehicle. It's always nice to know your vehicle is still valuable. I'm currently looking for a 2011 model and they're easily 40k. Mileage barely makes a difference. I love the car, and if I can find one for myself I don't plan on selling it for a VERY long time. The only issue I'm contemplating is whether or not it's worth dropping 40k on a 4 year old car with no warranty lol I still hope I find one!! I'm jealous of all you who were able to snag one brand new
Old 08-01-16, 01:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The Isf will absolutely be collectible. It's rarer than some Ferraris and is the first F car, the first fun Toyota to spark the entire reignite on of the Toyota sports name . It's an NA v8 in a world of turbos and is nearly twice as rare as the NSX

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IS-F values down the road??? Collectible?