Looking for an IS-F to Display our new Concave Mesh Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-10, 05:20 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Euroteck
What's a cheater lip?
It's just my term for when the spokes step waaaay back in to meet the barrel of the wheel, giving the impression that there is a very deep lip.

Don't take it the wrong way...it's just my own slang for this design.

It's a very nice design and I'm looking forward to seeing this on an ISF.
Old 12-29-10, 03:04 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Personally I think if you are asking for other people's help to do wheel testing you should be paying us or at least giving away the set for free or little cost in return.

I never understood mfr. wanting people to volunteer their cars for testing (for their benefit: free advertising, marketing, etc) and EXPECT people to pay too! doh
Old 12-29-10, 03:59 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! I also added to the post that the wheel shown is not an IS-F fitment. So there is no confusion. I do not even think a lip that large would look good on an IF-F unless it was a widebody....

We are going to measure an IS-F fitment and play with it to really maximize the fitment, as you all seem to know already, it is not easy to get a large lip on this car. But to us, it was not about lip, it was just about the concave style. I will keep you all posted!
Old 12-29-10, 04:06 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by s4play
Personally I think if you are asking for other people's help to do wheel testing you should be paying us or at least giving away the set for free or little cost in return.

I never understood mfr. wanting people to volunteer their cars for testing (for their benefit: free advertising, marketing, etc) and EXPECT people to pay too! doh
Whoa! back up a second there... We are in NO way asking people to TEST wheels on their car. No one here is going to be a "guinea pig". We manufacture wheels for dealers and other 3rd party companies. This is just a new style we are doing that I wanted to see on an IS-F as I feel its a great style wheel for this car. This is far from our first set of wheels we ever made...

The point of this post was to have the customer with an IS-F be the first car with these wheels and have pictures for promotional use and in return give the customer wheels at our cost. We sadly do not have the funds to go out and buy every car to take pictures of our wheels on, so we ask for customers help.

Btw, I use to communicate with you on 6speed..... We both use to have White 997 GT3's at the time if I recall correctly...
Old 12-29-10, 06:08 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Consider me please. Right now I'm running 245/35/19 and 285/30/19 continental DW on my stock wheels. So if the wheels are .5" wider front and rear and have the proper conservative offsets, fitment should not be an issue. And, when I retire next time I could go with 255/35 and 295/30. And, that looks to be a gorgeous wheel.

Lou
Old 12-29-10, 06:10 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys we are in Miami and would love to head up there for a photoshoot. PM sent
Old 12-29-10, 06:12 PM
gqisf
Rookie

The wheel design is solid! Can't wait for updates. Will need to be a 20" to look right on the F though since its not a face wheel.

Last edited by gqisf; 12-29-10 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-29-10, 09:16 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,301 Posts

^^^^I disagree I would not consider running a 20" wheel on my F. The sidewall, IMHO, is too small.

Lou
Old 12-30-10, 02:29 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can use my car for photo shooting, I'm local.
Old 01-04-11, 01:34 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Hi Guys,

We got all our specs sorted out for the IS-F fitment. We did the programming and will start to cut the wheels. Attached is the rear wheel fitment for the IS-F. Again, this is the exact CAD programmning of the rear wheel for the IS-F, So it will look just like this 3D image.

Old 01-04-11, 04:34 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What are the width of the front and back?
Old 01-04-11, 05:12 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HEWITT
What are the width of the front and back?
8.5 Front, and 10.5 Rear.
Old 01-04-11, 05:19 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the wheels look gorgeous. The problem, IMO lies in the front wheels. Every company that has tried to make concave rims end up having a rim that looks almost flat in the front. Our horrible offsets and BBk are to blame i suppose
Old 01-04-11, 05:25 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by edgeucated
I think the wheels look gorgeous. The problem, IMO lies in the front wheels. Every company that has tried to make concave rims end up having a rim that looks almost flat in the front. Our horrible offsets and BBk are to blame i suppose
Thank you. Also, personally, even if you could fit a large concave style on the front, we wouldnt, we just wouldn't build it like that. It would be like having 4 large lips on a car. You want the rear to look different then the front, and i think the larger concave style only belongs on the rear.
Old 01-04-11, 05:32 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

omg so hot... I would love to see that on an ISF. I am guessing that I will never be able to afford those rims though since they look like very good quality

Quick Reply: Looking for an IS-F to Display our new Concave Mesh Wheels