IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

interior rattles.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-11, 09:49 PM
Blacky
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a number of rattles. squeaks etc.

The most annoying is a ticking or clicking noise coming from somewhere near the drivers ear (RH Side), door, pillar, rear door?

I had the car in at the dealer for a week to look at the issues but unfortunately they did not fix the main ticking issue.

Mine is a 2010. Does anyone else have this issue or had it fixed?

There is also a very weird noise coming from the rood when on the highway, it is not a tick or squeak more like something moving in the wind.
Old 04-27-11, 10:15 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like this?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...f-problem.html

Originally Posted by Blacky
I have a number of rattles. squeaks etc.

The most annoying is a ticking or clicking noise coming from somewhere near the drivers ear (RH Side), door, pillar, rear door?

I had the car in at the dealer for a week to look at the issues but unfortunately they did not fix the main ticking issue.

Mine is a 2010. Does anyone else have this issue or had it fixed?

There is also a very weird noise coming from the rood when on the highway, it is not a tick or squeak more like something moving in the wind.
Old 04-27-11, 11:03 PM
Blacky
Driver

Sorry, but nothing to do with the sunroof.

This is with everything closed up, have not even thought about any issues with the sunroof open.

Thanks for the idea though!
Old 04-04-14, 12:12 PM
deefam
Driver School Candidate

im having the same noise in my dash. it sounds like styrofoam squeaking and gets louder when its cold. when i push up against the screws that go up against the top part of the dash, it stops. im thinking maybe tightening that screw would make it stop?\

im also getting a noise coming from the driver side seatbelt area which i cannot pinpoint and is driving me crazy.

i only have 10k miles on this car and this many interior annoyances on a luxury lexus is very surprising to me coming from an ex-honda and nissan owner.
Old 04-04-14, 12:46 PM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Hmmm. I have the driver's seatbelt area noise but that's it. No complaints at 73k miles. Would love to track it down though...
Old 04-05-14, 04:14 AM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

When I go over bumps, my panels right along the driver side squeak and the dealer just keeps applying silicone lube to the weather strip but that's not it..
Old 04-05-14, 10:33 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

On the freeway, I get the seat belt area squeak as well. Can't find where exactly it is, though!
Old 04-05-14, 11:38 AM
ap2s2k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had some rattle coming from the shifter area over the winter, its '12 with 10k on the odo. The noise was kind of plastic rattling on plastic. It was getting worst when driving on freshly snowplowed road and at first I could of quite it down with a "push" of my finger on the rubber/plastic shifter flap in a shifter gate. Took 2 trips to the dealer to fix it, on a second trip they insulated the whole shifter assembly, no noises, rattling of any kind since.
Old 04-06-14, 08:19 PM
t4orce
Rookie

I have the plastic noise in the centre console on the dash when I drive over bumps. It's a tick/creak noise which is quite irritating. Thankfully it doesn't happen all the time. No surprise really with the stiff suspension and the overuse of hard plastic fantastic!

It ticks and creaks if you push up against the nav/hvac units when the car is stationary. If it happened all the time I'd do something about it but happy to leave it so long as it doesn't get worse. Don't want to fix one issue and create another.

I also have a slight wind noise at highway speeds from the window seal.
Old 05-24-15, 02:40 PM
jlam86
Pole Position

Does anyone know how to get the squeaks and rattles out of the area surrounding the navi screen.

With the weather heating up, it's getting noisier and noisier.
Old 05-24-15, 04:21 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the 3rd rattle OP mentioned. Had it fixed once, it returned after a while, but only during cold weather.
Old 05-24-15, 06:21 PM
jlam86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
I have the 3rd rattle OP mentioned. Had it fixed once, it returned after a while, but only during cold weather.
I had that. I found it to be a wire that kept tapping against the plastic panel near the base of the driver seat belt pillar and only on certain road surfaces. I pulled back on the plastic and just fastened it down with fabric tape and I don't have that issue anymore. Maybe you can try that?
Old 05-24-15, 08:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have been getting a little buzz from the dash when I warm the car up . Last about 5-10 seconds. Sadly the IS is miles away from the LS460 I had before this in terms of interior quality . It is what it is. Its a sports sedan. I have that little buzz from the bottom of the door when I drive. With the exhaust I cant hear it any more. lol
Old 05-24-15, 11:41 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

These rattles are very annoying especially with I/H/E, the exhaust rattles everything in the car and my subwoofers do too. Guess thats my fault. oops.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-25-15, 02:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

RedlineAZ told me he also has little buzzes and rattles with the I/H/E combo. Bottom line is that these cars are designed to meet certain NVH ( noise vibration and harshness ) numbers set by the engineers. Once you start send crazy resonance through the cabin with intake and exhaust mods things are going to start buzzing. The IS is still the entry level Lexus sedan so its like camaro ZL1 guys complaining about fit and finish issues. LOL they got a 60k version of a 26k car. Its bound to happen. A lot less vibration and buzzing with my GS350 and NOTHING in my LS460 ( even on 22's and 30 and 25 profile tires )

Quick Reply: interior rattles.