IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

interior rattles.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-15, 10:20 PM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
RedlineAZ told me he also has little buzzes and rattles with the I/H/E combo. Bottom line is that these cars are designed to meet certain NVH ( noise vibration and harshness ) numbers set by the engineers. Once you start send crazy resonance through the cabin with intake and exhaust mods things are going to start buzzing. The IS is still the entry level Lexus sedan so its like camaro ZL1 guys complaining about fit and finish issues. LOL they got a 60k version of a 26k car. Its bound to happen. A lot less vibration and buzzing with my GS350 and NOTHING in my LS460 ( even on 22's and 30 and 25 profile tires )
The only thing I have is the HKS SSM axle back which is quieter than the oem one. My trim around the nav screen squeaked since day one and Lexus said, "that's just the way it is"
Old 05-26-15, 02:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jlam86
The only thing I have is the HKS SSM axle back which is quieter than the oem one. My trim around the nav screen squeaked since day one and Lexus said, "that's just the way it is"
frustrating to say the least I guess I should be thankful mine is minor so far or inaudible because of the exhaust noise
Old 04-28-16, 12:03 PM
6i9
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacky
I have a number of rattles. squeaks etc.

The most annoying is a ticking or clicking noise coming from somewhere near the drivers ear (RH Side), door, pillar, rear door?

I had the car in at the dealer for a week to look at the issues but unfortunately they did not fix the main ticking issue.

Mine is a 2010. Does anyone else have this issue or had it fixed?

There is also a very weird noise coming from the rood when on the highway, it is not a tick or squeak more like something moving in the wind.
I have this exact noise, coming from the rear bulkhead. It's a squeaky noise over slight uneven roads and it squeaks in sync with the undulations of the suspension. Anyone solve this? I need someone in the backseat to poke and press while driving but that's easier said than done
Old 04-28-16, 04:37 PM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 6i9
I have this exact noise, coming from the rear bulkhead. It's a squeaky noise over slight uneven roads and it squeaks in sync with the undulations of the suspension. Anyone solve this? I need someone in the backseat to poke and press while driving but that's easier said than done
there was another thread that had a similar noise. it was from the O crap handles right where your head. The clips are prone to move when going over bumps and generate small amount of noise. The solution is to use a thin piece of fabric tape to separate the metal on metal contact. Hope you have small fingers cause it's a pain in the bum.

I also get a ticking noise just on the highway. it is a ticking sound also. i thought it was the wires that thread past the b pillar but it's not. I have taped all those down to know success..
Old 04-29-16, 12:00 PM
6i9
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlam86
there was another thread that had a similar noise. it was from the O crap handles right where your head. The clips are prone to move when going over bumps and generate small amount of noise. The solution is to use a thin piece of fabric tape to separate the metal on metal contact. Hope you have small fingers cause it's a pain in the bum.

I also get a ticking noise just on the highway. it is a ticking sound also. i thought it was the wires that thread past the b pillar but it's not. I have taped all those down to know success..
Cool man, thanks for the tip. I will check out the oh **** handles
Old 06-19-19, 03:22 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 360 Posts

I bought my 08 ISF at 58k miles and now with around 95k miles

The first rattle I encountered was the front dash speak which I found was a loose dust cap. I removed it and glued it back on. Fixed.

The second rattle was the driver side rear trunk speaker which was another loose dust cap. I removed it and glued it back on. Fixed.

The third rattle was the front dash so I shoved some rubber grommets between the dash and windshield. Fixed.

The fourth rattle was the rear driver side passenger door. Rattles in warm weather. Had a shop put sound mat...didn't work. Not fixed,

The fifth rattle was under my driver side plastics. Put sealant tape where the lower plastic piece that holds the trunk release and gas door make contact with the top plastic piece. Fixed.

The sixth rattle was my sunroof. Driver side sunroof was solid when I pushed up on the glass...the passenger side not so much. All screws were tight all around. Rubbed some garage door grease on the rubber seal around the sunroof and fixed it....kinda....I don't get major rattles at little bumps but still get it at large ones. Kinda fixed...kinda not. Next phase is to replace the rubber seal.

The seventh rattle is coming from the driver's side dash again....not sure what it is and will have to check it out this weekend. It's fun to find them and resolve them but driving with them is a bit grating especially on crappy roads around my neighborhood.