IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-10, 08:40 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today

I can't wait for my F to arrive, it's been a long journey let me share my story with everyone here. Well back in March of 2010 I started to have problem with the ASL on the right side of my 2008 IS350 then the left side failed 4 months later. Well over the course of the next six months my dealer changed the head light housing three time,the leveling senors three times, the ECU that controls them twice. My dealership had Lexus Master Tech's come out on three separate occasion one tech came twice he could not fix nor properly diagnosis the car they then sent another one of there senor tech same deal. By September I had enough, the car had spent close 2 months down for service and wanted to just move on. I'm car guy and know that chasing down electrical problem can be difficult and was willing to try to work this out because I like my IS350 and folks at Lexus of Greenwich were great.

So in September the decision was made to start the buy back process, this took additional 2 months to complete. I had only one problem going thru this process, I had F-sport CAI, Exhaust, Sways (F&R) and Springs installed but I did not have all of the original receipt's, but had my paypal invoice with company name were these part were purchased which was at Park Place Lexus Internet sale. Well Lexus legal department did not want to except this documentation but after having three way conversation with customer care, legal and engineering Dept's using the argument that if they want I would put the car back to stock, but you will never no if one of f-sport components may have caused the failure to occur. The Lexus engineer agreed with me and the gave me total refund on those parts.

Well thats my sad story but with happy ending due to Lexus refunding every cent I put into car which included my down payment, f-sport parts, interest earned on the car, and every payment made on the car I was able to put a very LARGE down payment and now I"m sit here at home waiting for my ISF to be delivered it's coming from Plano Texas I live in Westchester County which is in the state of New York just north of NYC. Here are some pics of parts I have waiting to go on my New ISF the sound system was orginally going to go on IS350 but now going into ISF next part order will be Joe Z exhaust.
My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today-1290288695121.jpg

My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today-1290288959749.jpg

My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today-1290289471089.jpg

My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today-1290289651454.jpg

My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today-1290289826468.jpg
Old 11-22-10, 10:34 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, congrats. What color combo did you get? From the intake, it looks like USB, but what about the interior? Dare to go alpine white?
Old 11-22-10, 11:03 AM
ACEtheOG
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!

I took delivery of my 2011 last week!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-excited.html

What colour combo did you get? What will you be running when the snow comes? Looks like you're ready for some serious personalization!
Old 11-22-10, 12:24 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Wow, congrats. What color combo did you get? From the intake, it looks like USB, but what about the interior? Dare to go alpine white?
It's USB with black interior seat Alpine white would have been special order and taken 2 to 3 months to receive not to mention there were none available. When I started looking at the end of sept their were no USB available for north east, Lexus customer care even tried to intervene and fine USB or SFP but they to were unable to locate one for in north east, that had not been already purchased.

When GM of my local dealership looked online with me sitting next to him we saw that for the months of Oct and Nov there had been no additional USB allocated for the north east for that time period and only one SFP which had been sold already.Thats why I had to purchase ISF out of state and had it shipped to NY when I was looking there were only 4 USB available in whole US. Just recived call from driver about 21/2 hours away it like expecting baby lol...
Old 11-22-10, 12:34 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by ACEtheOG
Congrats!

I took delivery of my 2011 last week!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-excited.html

What colour combo did you get? What will you be running when the snow comes? Looks like you're ready for some serious personalization!
Thanks AcetheOG USB haven't decided on which tires to go with yet.
Old 11-22-10, 01:55 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

are they driving it from Texas or flat bedding it?
Old 11-22-10, 02:44 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

congrats on the new ride! glad to hear lexus was able to buy back your 350. and it didnt appear to be some sort of confrontation, which is great customer service any time. you've got some nice mods already lined up. happy modding and enjoy her for the holidays!
Old 11-22-10, 02:58 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by 08MRISF
are they driving it from Texas or flat bedding it?
Coming in on car carrier thats 80ft long to big to fit on my block it a one way street have to meet him about half mile from my house, just spoke to driver should be here in hour
Old 11-22-10, 03:16 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
congrats on the new ride! glad to hear lexus was able to buy back your 350. and it didnt appear to be some sort of confrontation, which is great customer service any time. you've got some nice mods already lined up. happy modding and enjoy her for the holidays!
thanks bnizzle87 it was long process and I had great support from my dealership everyone from service writers, service manager, head mechanic, and GM everyone had role to play what could have been a very pain full experience turn out OK there were some bumps in process but nothing major. The GM even helped me getting price down lets just say I didn't pay full sticker price for ISF; they even invited me to play paint ball with them.

Let the modding began I start tuesday morning..
Old 11-22-10, 04:17 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow pretty exciting!!
Old 11-22-10, 04:56 PM
Weapon F

The car is FANTASTIC will post picks up later
Old 11-22-10, 05:58 PM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

congrats man!!
Old 11-23-10, 08:17 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Glad you had a happy ending after your ordeal.
Old 11-23-10, 10:42 AM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man! I luv the color!!!! Took me about 5 months to find mine but it was well worth the wait! Do a big smokey burn out for me! Lol
Old 11-23-10, 10:55 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen!

Quick Reply: My New 2011 USB ISF gets delivered to my home today