IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F attention magnet

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-10, 10:55 PM
wiredGS400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still get stares almost daily. When my wife drives it, well, even more so. Very often, when returning to my car, I see people, usually late teeners, gawking. And I am bone stock.
Old 10-26-10, 01:59 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s4play
PurduePete: I used to travel I65/I294/I55 quite often, better watch out for the state troopers, they are pretty good at grabbing people in the tri-state area. Last time I was home I noticed most people really do drive the 65mph speed limit. Doing 140+ will definitely get your car impounded!

btw I had 2 Eclipse's back then (college) that were both running low 11's that would kill most IS-F's so you musta run into just a ricer Eclipse. The fast ones will eat an IS-F
It's much worse now with the troopers, Rick. Speed traps everywhere and with lasers. The Eclispe I ran against was a 1st generation turbo. I think he just wanted me to respond so he could see the F in action himself.....guess he got his demo.....lol.

Was any of your 2nd generation Eclipses white? Oh man, what a small world if you did own a white one b/c I remember racing one back then.....
Old 10-26-10, 05:23 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
I only get looks and questions from people who know what an ISF is. Other than that, my SGM flies under the radar...which I appreciate.
exactly why I got SGM...clean, stealthy, and less problematic than black.
Old 10-26-10, 12:15 PM
maddmaxx
Driver School Candidate

Funny... my ho-hum silver seems to fly under the radar which is just fine with me. Once in awhile during a fuel stop someone willl come up and either know what it is or asks what is it. I kind of like the fact that they look like a 250/350 but always seem to garner a double take. I did have one interesting experience when I showed up for a car show a month or so ago. I was backing into a space next to a Pontiac G8 and was shooed away by one of the show guys who scolded me saying the area I was in was reserved for rare, high performance cars. I knew I should have bought a G8! Thought about lighting up tires on my way out of the show area but didn't feel like explaining the tire marks to the cops. I swear, we get no respect.

Oh, just my opinion... I think the wheels on the 2010's suck... especially when it comes time to clean them... The earlier wheels, on the other hand, look great on our cars.
Old 10-27-10, 01:17 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's interesting. For a period of time after I got my car I had several lingering stares and a few "nice car" comments. Not so much this year though for some reason, except for one guy this summer who looked at my car front to back wide-eyed at a stoplight and then gave me a big thumbs up. Nothing much other than that. Most days I could be driving any old IS in regards to anonymity. My F is SGM, so maybe that's why...
Old 10-27-10, 05:52 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bam
So now that the IS-F has been on the roads for a few years, do you still find that your cars are attention magnets?
I recently returned from another long driving trip in the F, and can say "yes". I'm usually focused on my driving when in the car, so I don't catch nor care for most of the attention, but my fiancée brought it up a number of times as she noticed.

Of note, I had a cop check out the car while parked, who had a list of questions. He kept circling the vehicle asking about its performance numbers, and interestingly enough, the gas mileage, which seemed to shock him.

I had multiple people at a full service station lean forward in their vehicles to stare at the car, then tap various passengers to look (I can't stand 'full service' stations, btw).

A guy on a sport bike had passed me with some good speed in an open lane, which I later merged into, as I was also trying to pass. He then slowed, changed lanes once clear, and paced me while giving the thumbs up and nodding, before accelerating off, again.

In all of these cases, the car was extremely dirty due to the trip and periods of rainfall, but I suppose that didn't matter.
Old 10-27-10, 11:30 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Man you guys are ungrateful.

One "Nice Car" comment is all I need. Some people dont even get comments.
Old 10-28-10, 10:27 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think imma get more attention NOW...

Old 10-28-10, 12:16 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Is that vinyl or paint?
Old 10-28-10, 01:02 PM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

Just recently got a few thumbs up...like many other I don't really notice if people are looking at my car because I try not to look at other people when I'm driving or even when I'm stopped at an intersection. My passengers do however mention that other people are checking out the car and ultrasonic blue isn't exactly a color that blends in
Old 10-28-10, 02:13 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by infinus
Is that vinyl or paint?
vinyl...
hopefully we can finish it today...
Old 10-28-10, 03:02 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
vinyl...
hopefully we can finish it today...
Whoa.. matte black? lime green? both?
Old 10-28-10, 03:48 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by primecut
Whoa.. matte black? lime green? both?
technically it's "apple green"... looks similar but slightly darker for when it's outside...

and yeah... the middle (hood, roof, trunk...) is matte black... decals will be matte black as well...
Old 10-28-10, 03:52 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ damn! i wanna c how it looks after its done!!
Old 10-28-10, 04:06 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by n0th1ng
^^ damn! i wanna c how it looks after its done!!
it'll be on display all next week at SEMA...
hopefully it'll get into a magazine and i can get more sponsors!!!

Quick Reply: IS-F attention magnet