IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Worst Saturday Night - Chasing a Hit & Run!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-10, 08:40 AM
verals05
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Saturday Night - Chasing a Hit & Run! -UPDATED W/PICS

Alright so my Saturday night was going ****ty already from earlier issues...

I'm going to Havana Club in Atlanta to pick up some drunkards. While waiting for them to come out I'm in the pick lane chatting with my friend that's an APD and running security that night.

Then all of a sudden I get hit from the rear... Hard! I look in my rear view and the truck that hits me is cutting across the lanes trying to flee. So I'm thinking to myself "Oh hell no, this just didn't happen!" My friend tells me to go get him!

I start chasing him down Piedmont Rd and this guy was trying hard to get away from me. Thinking he could out run my car with a Dodge Ram was a mistake. While I'm chasing him I have my friend on the car phone telling him where we going from road to road. This guy was taking turns at high speeds like a retard.

I finally pass him and get in front of him and slam my brakes to get him to stop and it works! So we are now stopped at the Lindberg Marta Station. I get out of my car and he then gets out of his.

He said he gives up and he can't get away from me and acts like he didn't know he hit me. The driver then confesses that its a company truck, has no insurance, and has weed in the truck. He begs me not to call the cops, but its obviously too late. I just agree with him and say, "Yeah that's fine, I'm just on the phone with my friend so he can come here'. He hears my friends radio in the background and knew he was an officer.

The driver then jumps back into his truck and pulls away and starts fleeing again!! So now I'm super pissed!! I start chasing him down again. This time he screws up and gets back on the main road (Piedmont Rd) and passes a police car (APD). The officer was looking for us and he then turns on his lights and chases after the truck.

Now its, the officer chasing the truck and me chasing the officer. Finally the truck plays another dumb move trying to outrun us in a neighborhood and taking some very "bad" turns. I had to keep my distance from the police car so after a distance I see the truck and police car pulled over.

I hear the officer telling him to get out of the car and get on the ground. Instead the guy bails out and runs from the officer in the woods. The officer couldn't chase him down, but the driver left his keys and truck there.

So the truck is leased, but I haven't been able to find out anymore information on it. I just finished filing my insurance claim.

But I'm super PISSED! The rear bumper is totally messed up and shoved in towards the trunk. He hit me hard enough to pop out parking sensors and the square pieces of plastic. Also the rear drivers side quarter panel is a little bent.

Special Thanks for Dan @ ZenMotors... He actually picked up the phone at 4am to listen to me ***** about what happened!! Plus helped me setup an appointment with a BodyShop Sunday morning. I was surprised because, I don't anyone with that kind of attention for his customers! That's another one of the many satisfactions in my book for ZenMotors!

Last edited by verals05; 10-13-10 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-10-10, 08:41 AM
verals05
Lead Lap

Did I mention this night sucked?!
Old 10-10-10, 08:51 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

This sounds worse than when I killed the baby deer with my IS. No damage was done to my IS though and it was kind of funny hearing the girl next to me scream lol!

Yeah bro that sucks though but insurance will make it better!
Old 10-10-10, 08:57 AM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

you cant find out who the owner is by his vin number? anyway good luck man, people are so dumb to flee like that, he shouldnt just confess, and now hes in deeper ****
Old 10-10-10, 09:17 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's like an episode of COPS! Tough break about the damage, hopefully your F can be returned to its original state. But you've got a great story to tell now.
Old 10-10-10, 09:22 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

damn! sorry this had to happen. i would've done the same thing. hopefully the driver gets caught soon. best of luck on the repairs!
Old 10-10-10, 09:56 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Damn pretty cool story. Hopefully the truck driver gets put behind bars and insurance fixes everything on your car.
Old 10-10-10, 10:07 AM
verals05
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by montgb
It's like an episode of COPS! Tough break about the damage, hopefully your F can be returned to its original state. But you've got a great story to tell now.
I was just thinking of that now. I felt like I was in a movie...

Originally Posted by Zinda

Yeah bro that sucks though but insurance will make it better!
$250 deductible.... until they file with the drivers insurance.

Originally Posted by trixxx519
you cant find out who the owner is by his vin number? anyway good luck man, people are so dumb to flee like that, he shouldnt just confess, and now hes in deeper ****

They said it was a leased vehicle. So hopefully the hit and run unit will contact me Tuesday.
Old 10-10-10, 11:04 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

That's really unfortunate man. At least no one got hurt and hopefully it'll all work out for you and the F. Good luck and keep us updated

Last edited by BigMikeISF; 10-10-10 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-10-10, 11:27 AM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Where is a good taser when you need one...
Old 10-10-10, 11:35 AM
mikefate
Lead Lap

That sucks. I hope it's not more damage than you think. If quarters got wrinkled, the could have bent something structural. Hopefully it's a quick fix.
Old 10-10-10, 12:19 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Man that does suck similar thing happened to my brother on his way to school, the guy thought he got away but a bystander in a news truck followed the kid to his moms house where he hid the car and called the cops.
Old 10-10-10, 01:17 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A dodge ram thinking it can outrun an IS-F. Now I've seen everything.

A Dodge Ram SRT-10 could not outrun an IS350. A regular dodge ram would get demolished by an IS350.

All would get massacred by an ISF.

I have to say I enjoyed your story, though. I felt like I was "in the chase" reading it. Even though you must be pissed, I'm sure some part of must be thinking "damn that was such an adrenaline rush" and probably enjoyed it.

I'm sure the driver of the truck will be caught. It's a company truck; companies almost certainly keep records of this sort of thing.
Old 10-10-10, 02:24 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

sorry to hear, hope your F is ok.
Old 10-10-10, 02:55 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by carLx
A dodge ram thinking it can outrun an IS-F. Now I've seen everything.

A Dodge Ram SRT-10 could not outrun an IS350. A regular dodge ram would get demolished by an IS350.

All would get massacred by an ISF.

I have to say I enjoyed your story, though. I felt like I was "in the chase" reading it. Even though you must be pissed, I'm sure some part of must be thinking "damn that was such an adrenaline rush" and probably enjoyed it.

I'm sure the driver of the truck will be caught. It's a company truck; companies almost certainly keep records of this sort of thing.

Very True...

Quick Reply: Worst Saturday Night - Chasing a Hit & Run!