IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Aggressive fitment IS-F pics!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-13, 05:59 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
I guess, in your mind, you can't have performance and aggressive fitment at the same time, huh? According to you, in order to qualify for "aggressive fitment" status, one must have pulled fenders, stretched tires, crazy camber, spacers, poor offset, shaved calipers and the like. Jeez, my front tires are wider than the rears on some cars in this thread, and I have 305s on 11-inch wheels in the rear, all within the OEM body work:

Forgive me for making the assumption that IS-F owners are performance oriented. What was I thinking? I must have gotten confused by all the comparison threads involving M3s, M5s, C63s and GTRs but, then again, maybe those aren't performance cars either, at least not according to your "reasoning".
I am pretty sure he meant Aggressive fitment goes both ways both stanced with stretched tires or stanced with meaty tires. Most of the cars in here aren't running crazy camber, pulled fenders (rolled fenders is different) or even shaved calipers. You make it appear like all ISF owners should have their car track ready at a moments notice, when most of us daily drive it to work and back home. Let's be real here, do I really need 305s for my commute (It would make my MPG worse if anything). We compare our ISFs to those cars you listed because they are in the same boat, sporty luxury sedans (except for the GTR it's a coupe no comparison). Now if this was the Lotus Exige forum your argument would have a case. Everyone has their certain tastes I have Vossen CV3s for my daily use and yes it would be considered stanced (with not much stretch) and I have a set of TE37s on order that I can swap out when I decide to drive spirited. I am not hating, just trying to clarify that there are always two sides to an argument.

Last edited by LOLM3; 11-15-13 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-15-13, 07:14 PM
seanphan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These threads are funny as hell because people are trying to tell other people what to do with their cars LOL.
The following users liked this post:
t0e (04-03-18)
Old 11-15-13, 07:58 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

aggressive tires , sunk wheels. lol
Old 11-15-13, 08:08 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by seanphan
These threads are funny as hell because people are trying to tell other people what to do with their cars LOL.
Read my original post below. I'm offering an opinion, the same as everyone else in here. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do with their cars ("Your cars your money...."), although diminishing the performance of the best regular performance car Lexus has ever made (excluding the LFA, of course) is a foreign concept to me. Just trying to understand why purchasing properly fitting wheels and tires is so difficult. I mean, you can have your cake and eat it too, but that seems lost on you and some others in here (not trying to imply it's all).

Originally Posted by KJH
Lots of bad information in this thread. Your cars and your money but, for the life of me, I do not understand why some of you work so hard to diminish the performance of one of the world's best performance sedans with wheels that do not fit and, as a consequence, tires that do not fit..... CL has become the new StanceNation....WTF?
Old 11-15-13, 08:21 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LOLM3
I am pretty sure he meant Aggressive fitment goes both ways both stanced with stretched tires or stanced with meaty tires. Most of the cars in here aren't running crazy camber, pulled fenders (rolled fenders is different) or even shaved calipers. You make it appear like all ISF owners should have their car track ready at a moments notice, when most of us daily drive it to work and back home. Let's be real here, do I really need 305s for my commute (It would make my MPG worse if anything). We compare our ISFs to those cars you listed because they are in the same boat, sporty luxury sedans (except for the GTR it's a coupe no comparison). Now if this was the Lotus Exige forum your argument would have a case. Everyone has their certain tastes I have Vossen CV3s for my daily use and yes it would be considered stanced (with not much stretch) and I have a set of TE37s on order that I can swap out when I decide to drive spirited. I am not hating, just trying to clarify that there are always two sides to an argument.
That's not what he said, but I'll accept your version of what he said in the interest of intelligent conversation. Nowhere in my posts have I even implied cars should be track-ready. Nobody denies the degradation in performance, which is outstanding from the factory, and nobody can deny you can get the desired look with properly fitting wheels and tires, so explain to me, if you will, why someone would knowingly install poor fitting wheels and tires on an IS-F when better solutions are available. I won't comment on your Lotus Exige analogy because I do not believe it is applicable. We're talking M cars, AMG cars and F cars, the highest performing lines of the respective manufacturers. It appears you want to dilute the performance content of these cars to rationalize the approach some have taken in this thread with their wheel/tire set-ups. I mean, we're not talking Hondas here...
Old 11-15-13, 10:11 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is about to get interesting... hang on...

Now im ready!

Aggressive fitment IS-F pics!-bcdyv.gif
Old 11-15-13, 10:40 PM
HellaInc
Rookie

265 stretched on 11" Offset +24 -3.8 Camber... Shaved calipers, rolled & pulled fenders... Hmmmm, lol

Edit: sorry the crappy picture is sideways, I'm on my phone. More pics coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails Aggressive fitment IS-F pics!-image.jpg  

Last edited by HellaInc; 11-15-13 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-15-13, 11:22 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

gah damn dude...i shouldve went 11s!!!
Old 11-16-13, 12:07 AM
seanphan
Rookie

I guess I don't have my cake and eat it too Damn these TE37s with these puny 265s.. Oh well at least I'm saving gas with these tires and lack of performance. To each his own.
Attached Thumbnails Aggressive fitment IS-F pics!-photo.jpg  

Last edited by seanphan; 11-16-13 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-16-13, 12:27 AM
seanphan
Rookie

Originally Posted by HellaInc
265 stretched on 11" Offset +24 -3.8 Camber... Shaved calipers, rolled & pulled fenders... Hmmmm, lol

Edit: sorry the crappy picture is sideways, I'm on my phone. More pics coming soon.
Nice. I want to pick up a set of S1s or S1Rs eventually
Old 11-16-13, 07:01 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KJH
That's not what he said, but I'll accept your version of what he said in the interest of intelligent conversation. Nowhere in my posts have I even implied cars should be track-ready. Nobody denies the degradation in performance, which is outstanding from the factory, and nobody can deny you can get the desired look with properly fitting wheels and tires, so explain to me, if you will, why someone would knowingly install poor fitting wheels and tires on an IS-F when better solutions are available. I won't comment on your Lotus Exige analogy because I do not believe it is applicable. We're talking M cars, AMG cars and F cars, the highest performing lines of the respective manufacturers. It appears you want to dilute the performance content of these cars to rationalize the approach some have taken in this thread with their wheel/tire set-ups. I mean, we're not talking Hondas here...
When I had my M3, a lot of us ran Volk 19X10.5 in the rear with some stretched 275/30/19s. I promise you there is a lot of stance going on in the M crowd too. I agree some of these set up in my opinion is bordering on ridiculous but it does look great. I'm not gonna knock someone for doing what they want.
Old 11-16-13, 07:02 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Originally Posted by seanphan
I guess I don't have my cake and eat it too Damn these TE37s with these puny 265s.. Oh well at least I'm saving gas with these tires and lack of performance. To each his own.
For example, this is winning.
Old 11-16-13, 08:27 AM
sethISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by yjk1975
For example, this is winning.
Stretched tires look like ****. Forget about the diminished performance, they make the car look like something a kid is driving

Last edited by sethISF; 11-16-13 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-16-13, 02:01 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Perfect fitment IMO...to each their own tho.

Originally Posted by KJH

Old 11-17-13, 07:10 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

obviously your car your money...etc, etc but i agree with what KJH is saying.

Quick Reply: Aggressive fitment IS-F pics!