IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Aggressive fitment IS-F pics!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-12, 12:57 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Just to chime in because it's true isF owners aren't really into being very low (not that you should) but I ran a 10.5+22 and my camber was - 3.3 with a 245/35.

No way you will fit a 10.5+22 with a 275/35 or even a 275/30 if you have plans of dropping the car.
Done deal, like I said.. it will not fit without atleast -3 camber.

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
lol, like i said, no one with an ISF ,knows that much about fitment on this vehicle. we have guys in here with non rolled fenders talking about rubbing, one guy not even lowered, one person running fat tires with high offsets saying it wont work, one guy saying it wont work if you plan on lowering it...lol, are you guys reading the the original question is being asked?. ive seen this too many times on higher end cars with people not very informed. i dont blame you guys, this car is not made for all that. i agree fatter tires is right on this car.

but i clearly showed pics of a car with 255/35/19 tires

like i said, i already tried it on the isf and it CLEARS. excessive camber? no one said anything about that. now we are just making up more rules along the way. im simply answering the guys question. at stock height, 22 offset 10.5 rear with 275/30 narrow tires, it should clear with rolled fenders. i'll buy another rim and tire with the same specs to prove my point.
Yes it clears but saying excessive camber isn't an issue is blatantly wrong. Does anyone on this forum want to run skinny stretched tires with -3 or more camber to fit wide wheels? Nope. This "camber" is not a rule its a judgement. I can put a x12+0 offset on this car if I ran -9 camber.. does that mean it actually fits? Of course not it looks like crap! I understand natural camber that the lower we are the more we gain camber but that is irrelevant since I'm sure we do not want to run -3 camber on a daily basis.. if you are buying wide wheels and want to lower your car you get your camber adjusted to make it fit.

Trust me I want to run x10.5+22 as much as you do, it opens up an opportunity to run much more wheels since many wide wheels are lower offset.. I just do not want to give up the performance of this car to do it.
Old 11-17-12, 01:20 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I just know that a 19x9.5 +29 with a Bridgestone RE050A 255 width tire rubbed in the rear of my stock height IS-F when I would go over larger dips in the road or didn't take my driveway at the proper angle. Once I had a bodyshop roll my rear fenders (no pull or bumper tab relocations necessary) everything fit fine.

I don't know how someone could be running a wider wheel and tire with the same or similar offsets and NOT rub.
I have a 19x10 +35 in the rear with 452 255/35. I am lowered and tucking just right above the sidewall. No fender roll/pull and no rubbing issue at all unless large dip. I am pretty sure if you weren't on stock height and lower it you'll probably get away with no roll. Natural camber helps a lot.

Originally Posted by streetx
Gurus i need advice

What kind of work do i need to do to make this setup fit?

19x9.5 +35 245/35/19 front
19x10.5 +30 275/30/19 rear

stock height

just roll rear fenders?
If this is the original post, I believe with that setup you might get away with just a roll since you're on stock height, but you might have issue due to tire size.

Now the IS-F is weird, the wheel well of the rear is a lot smaller than the front. You could actually fit a much more aggressive setup in the front than the rear. So in contrast the front could get away with a setup without roll while the rear might have to.

I had two set of wheels on my IS350 before. The first one was 19x9.5 10.5 +35 all around 225/35 245/35. I got away with no rub no issue and best of all no roll. My second set is 19x9.5 10.5 +22 all around 225/35 255/35 and I have to roll and lower it a bit more for natural camber to make it fit. No pull unless you count the slight amount from rolling. I have about -2.5 camber F and -3 R. Here's some pic I could find, you be the judge of it:

Old 11-17-12, 01:27 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin.IS
I have a 19x10 +35 in the rear with 452 255/35. I am lowered and tucking just right above the sidewall. No fender roll/pull and no rubbing issue at all unless large dip. I am pretty sure if you weren't on stock height and lower it you'll probably get away with no roll. Natural camber helps a lot.

If this is the original post, I believe with that setup you might get away with just a roll since you're
on stock height, but you might have issue due to tire size.

Now the IS-F is weird, the wheel well of the rear is a lot smaller than the front. You could actually fit a much more aggressive setup in the front than the rear. So in contrast the front could get away with a setup without roll while the rear might have to.

I had two set of wheels on my IS350 before. The first one was 19x9.5 10.5 +35 all around 225/35 245/35. I got away with no rub no issue and best of all no roll. My second set is 19x9.5 10.5 +22 all around 225/35 255/35 and I have to roll and lower it a bit more for natural camber to make it fit. No pull unless you count the slight amount from rolling. I have about -2.5 camber F and -3 R. Here's some pic I could find, you be the judge of it:
The difference between the ISx50 and the IS-F is that the front and rear hub sticks out farther than the ISx50. This means to fit the same size wheel, the offset needs to be higher to fit the IS-F. This means we have a lot of inner hub space vs outer hub space. So anything you have mentioned wheel wise does not apply to the IS-F at all. The rear fits atleast a 19x12 if the offset is correct due to the amount of space behind the hub.
Old 11-17-12, 03:49 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFpat
The difference between the ISx50 and the IS-F is that the front and rear hub sticks out farther than the ISx50. This means to fit the same size wheel, the offset needs to be higher to fit the IS-F. This means we have a lot of inner hub space vs outer hub space. So anything you have mentioned wheel wise does not apply to the IS-F at all. The rear fits atleast a 19x12 if the offset is correct due to the amount of space behind the hub.
I was just making a comparison to my old car not saying that it will fit on the IS-F.
Old 11-18-12, 06:17 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

the can, i opened it lol
Old 11-18-12, 08:41 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I think KJH has the right approach. Wide wheels, wide tires, high offsets. It is purely functional with that nice flush look that is aesthetically pleasing as well. If I were doing it all over again and had an unlimited budget, I'd do something very similar to what he has done.

Kevin.IS- I don't know what I was getting a little rub, but I was. Maybe adjusting the camber angle ever-so-slightly would have fixed the problem, but I didn't do that. I bought my wheels used, and the offset in the rears was a little off from what the seller quoted me. No worries though, I like the way they look and now that I'm rolled, I can get away with a wider than stock tire if I want, and also lower if I want too. At stock height, my right rear tire would rub on certain bumps though, and that is with a 9.5 +29 and a 255 RE050A which is not the narrowest tire brand.
Old 11-18-12, 08:48 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

again, just answer the guys questions. no need for to be a fitment ****. some of you guys must be old men or something. not going to say no names. i see this too much on the m3 forum, please dont litter this thread why the widest tire is best. just answer what's being asked. lol, what you like on your car is not what another person might not want.. just answer the questions and move on.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 11-18-12 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-18-12, 12:45 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

again, just answer the guys questions. no need for to be a fitment ****. some of you guys must be old men or something. not going to say no names. i see this too much on the m3 forum, please dont litter this thread why the widest tire is best. just answer what's being asked. lol, what you like on your car is not what another person might not want.. just answer the questions and move on.
Maybe you need to gain a fuller appreciation of the general topic of this thread. I and a couple of others answered the question. You didn't like our answers and provided your opinion to which you are entitled. In doing so, you insulted everyone whose opinion differed from yours. We are entitled to our opinions as well and it is clear we have different definitions of what a proper fitment on our cars entails. Not sure what age has to do with it and, yeah, I believe wider is better and posted what I believe is an aggressive fitment which is, after all, the topic of this thread. Have a good day.
Old 11-18-12, 04:30 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KJH
Maybe you need to gain a fuller appreciation of the general topic of this thread. I and a couple of others answered the question. You didn't like our answers and provided your opinion to which you are entitled. In doing so, you insulted everyone whose opinion differed from yours. We are entitled to our opinions as well and it is clear we have different definitions of what a proper fitment on our cars entails. Not sure what age has to do with it and, yeah, I believe wider is better and posted what I believe is an aggressive fitment which is, after all, the topic of this thread. Have a good day.

of course i appreciate this thread but im also pointing out flaws on what info is being given.

tires can be aggressive, you are right, also stretch tires with low offsets is as well. you had your opinion on stretch tires, which i also agree with you but you have no experience on the subject of stretched tires. i have experience WITH BOTH. like i told him, with a narrow 275/30 they will fit with no drop. you guys are comparing 245/35j..that alone already shows ignorance.

but this will be my last post in here until my next one.. it will show pics of wheels on the ISF hopefully. aggressive with fat tires. with set ups that you guys dont "think" is possible.

Good day sir.
Old 11-19-12, 04:31 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Heres a perfect example of what I mean..

This car below has a x10.5+30 on 245/35 (very thin and skinny tires)

You're telling me that a 275 tire which is considerably wider can fit a x10.5+22 without excessive camber? I somehow just don't believe it.. this car's wheels are already poking out beyond the quarter panel..

its actually 10.5 +20
Old 11-20-12, 09:14 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

LiLS, no, you are wrong and they are right. they can measure with their eyes by just looking at your pics, you cant tell them anything,. even when its your car and you already tried it, lol. wheel experts.
Old 11-20-12, 09:25 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

LiLS, no, you are wrong and they are right. they can measure with their eyes by just looking at your pics, you cant tell them anything,. even when its your car and you already tried it, lol. wheel experts.
Actually he put a spacer on his car which I didn't know.. the wheels alone are +30. BTW hes stretching 245's on 10.5's to make it fit.. obviously the perfect tire size for an ISF correct?

I like how you try your best to prove yourself in this thread yet you are giving everyone a bad image of you with your condescending attitude. Your only proof of your "wheel knowledge" lie with a car and wheels you don't own anymore and a supposed "test fit" on the IS-F without any pictures. I want to see you go ahead and buy a wide low offset wheel and slap some 275's on it and make it work without huge amounts of camber.. you'll spend some money, someone will be right, no money out of my pocket and you'll hopefully change your attitude for the better without insulting anyone.

Last edited by ISFpat; 11-20-12 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-20-12, 02:24 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Actually he put a spacer on his car which I didn't know.. the wheels alone are +30. BTW hes stretching 245's on 10.5's to make it fit.. obviously the perfect tire size for an ISF correct?

I like how you try your best to prove yourself in this thread yet you are giving everyone a bad image of you with your condescending attitude. Your only proof of your "wheel knowledge" lie with a car and wheels you don't own anymore and a supposed "test fit" on the IS-F without any pictures. I want to see you go ahead and buy a wide low offset wheel and slap some 275's on it and make it work without huge amounts of camber.. you'll spend some money, someone will be right, no money out of my pocket and you'll hopefully change your attitude for the better without insulting anyone.
i dont care how people perceive me on here. this is a car forum. it does not pertain to my normal life outside this laptop im using. every local that knows me knows the real me. i always help anyone as much as i could. im helping the original question being asked. if i know something is wrong, i'll post my opinion just like you. looking from your car, you are no ISF connoisseur.

you are comparing a 35 series sidewall with a side wall of 30 that's being asked. that alone makes the difference of not rubbing or not when he said hes not lowered. did you even read my first response? i put 245/35/19 from my 350z on the rear of my ISF and its 10.5 wide...and it cleared. while you and everyone else said it wouldn't fit. now that you see that set up fit on another member with a more aggressive offset than what i was even talking about, you now are talking about personal issues. please, just stop while you are ahead and say that you are wrong. LiLs is more knowledgeable at these questions than you are. he actually is doing trial and error with the ISF, just liek how i will be doing soon.

if you listened to LILs and him being 30 offset and fitting, why would you not listen to me when i post that 10.5 with a 22 offset would fit? just because i didn't post a pic to confirm? the issue is he asked about a 30 series tire. if you put a narrow 275/30/19, it will not rub at stock height. 275/35/19, yes maybe it will. there is a diffference. you are comparing apples to oranges. why do you think people buy 275/30 instead of 275/35? ask yourself that.

so all personal issues aside, what is your reasoning now? camber? is my camber so thrown off from the major tein springs (sarcasm) that my wheels cleared?

im here to help members, but before you start throwing around your theories, please research a bit better and have a bit of experience with the matter at hand. dont just do your homework from forum and google searching. you see, you were wrong with the info you provided.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 11-20-12 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-20-12, 02:55 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

i dont care how people perceive me on here. this is a car forum. it does not pertain to my normal life outside this laptop im using. every local that knows me knows the real me. i always help anyone as much as i could. im helping the original question being asked. if i know something is wrong, i'll post my opinion just like you. looking from your car, you are no ISF connoisseur.

you are comparing a 35 series sidewall with a side wall of 30 that's being asked. that alone makes the difference of not rubbing or not when he said hes not lowered. did you even read my first response? i put 245/35/19 from my 350z on the rear of my ISF and its 10.5 wide...and it cleared. while you and everyone else said it wouldn't fit. now that you see that set up fit on another member with a more aggressive offset than what i was even talking about, you now are talking about personal issues. please, just stop while you are ahead and say that you are wrong. LiLs is more knowledgeable at these questions than you are. he actually is doing trial and error with the ISF, just liek how i will be doing soon.

if you listened to LILs and him being 30 offset and fitting, why would you not listen to me when i post that 10.5 with a 22 offset would fit? just because i didn't post a pic to confirm? the issue is he asked about a 30 series tire. if you put a narrow 275/30/19, it will not rub at stock height. 275/35/19, yes maybe it will. there is a diffference. you are comparing apples to oranges. why do you think people buy 275/30 instead of 275/35? ask yourself that.

so all personal issues aside, what is your reasoning now? camber? is my camber so thrown off from the major tein springs (sarcasm) that my wheels cleared?

im here to help members, but before you start throwing around your theories, please research a bit better and have a bit of experience with the matter at hand. dont just do your homework from forum and google searching. you see, you were wrong with the info you provided.
What are you talking about????? If you go back to my first post #302 it wasn't to answer anyones question but to validate the fact that you are trying to fit a low offset wheel on a car that begs for high offsets to clear.. and if you are going to slap a wide tire on a low offset wheel you will need more camber.. simple as that. You are confusing my responses with someone elses.
Old 11-20-12, 06:38 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyways I'm putting these on tomorrow. 19x10 front and rear with 255s and 275s...

Name:  818-1.jpg
Views: 2632
Size:  212.9 KB

Name:  818-2.jpg
Views: 2645
Size:  230.5 KB

Quick Reply: Aggressive fitment IS-F pics!