IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

How Bad Of A Company SIKKY IS!!!

Old 08-31-10, 05:23 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st off why hide it joe?
2nd why would SIKKY not send them as promised?
3rd this was my decision
4th why not look at a competitors product and maybe improve on it...(just my opinion, not speaking for Elite)
Old 08-31-10, 05:29 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 08MRISF
1st off why hide it joe?
2nd why would SIKKY not send them as promised?
3rd this was my decision
4th why not look at a competitors product and maybe improve on it...(just my opinion, not speaking for Elite)
That's fine and I know this sort of thing happens all the time, but NEVER expect a company to send their product DIRECTLY to the competition.
Old 08-31-10, 05:35 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

BTW. Why was this thread even started on this forum? SIKKY isn't a paid vender here giving him the ability to share his side of the story.
Old 08-31-10, 05:38 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caymandive
BTW. Why was this thread even started on this forum? SIKKY isn't a paid vender here giving him the ability to share his side of the story.
Why go that route?

Why not share it for all the community to see, if they cared they could be a vendor here.

And while we are at it some people are on here and arent a vendor here or there....but no one says anything about that.
Old 08-31-10, 05:39 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
It's on Lexus F forum also where they are a paid vendor...and also why would they want to see Andy's header and try to get me to come to their place in MD once Andy's is on....just saying
Old 08-31-10, 05:40 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Splat
Why go that route?

Why not share it for all the community to see, if they cared they could be a vendor here.

And while we are at it some people are on here and arent a vendor here or there....but no one says anything about that.
^^+1 splat
Old 08-31-10, 06:53 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Since this is posted here too I'll post what I said there:

I couldn't give a crap as I have no loyalty to any specific person or company but in all fairness I have had not a single issue with sikky and I didn't use JE as my install shop either.

Splat as far as I know you havent been a customer of sikky and your car is at Elite so I don't know what grounds you have for your complaints except trying to bash the competitor of the vendor thats working on your car.

Caymandive, brattygirl72 and myself have all had good experiences with sikky. It seems that almost every single person who is complaining is either working with or having something done by Elite. Not to bash them but it seems kind of sketchy to me. The exception is doublexl who bought the headers and didn't like some of the manufacturing aspects (the raised welds) which none of the rest of us had an issue with, everything sealed perfectly.
Old 08-31-10, 07:04 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by infinus
Since this is posted here too I'll post what I said there:

I couldn't give a crap as I have no loyalty to any specific person or company but in all fairness I have had not a single issue with sikky and I didn't use JE as my install shop either.

Splat as far as I know you havent been a customer of sikky and your car is at Elite so I don't know what grounds you have for your complaints except trying to bash the competitor of the vendor thats working on your car.

Caymandive, brattygirl72 and myself have all had good experiences with sikky. It seems that almost every single person who is complaining is either working with or having something done by Elite. Not to bash them but it seems kind of sketchy to me. The exception is doublexl who bought the headers and didn't like some of the manufacturing aspects (the raised welds) which none of the rest of us had an issue with, everything sealed perfectly.

BTW u can't say u've had excellent results with Sikky either because you have not Dyno your headers + u did not do a baseline run so u don't know what your results would be. For Cayman, Jslapp and Brattygirl they all got their installs and dyno results from JE(Sikky). Even though Cayman had his dyno'd on a Dynojet and got good gains Kudos to him. U forgot to mention another forum member named PIRATE1 had fitment issues with Sikky Header and less dyno gains with his. Now it sounds fishy in both ends. No matter what happened remember usually customers always have the right of way with business and this matter gave no rights for Sikky to be dishonest.

Last edited by ISF-88; 08-31-10 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-31-10, 07:21 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF-88
BTW u can't say u've had excellent results with Sikky either because you have not Dyno your headers + u did not do a baseline run so u don't know what your results would be. For Cayman, Jslapp and Brattygirl they all got their installs and dyno results from JE(Sikky). U forgot to mention another forum member named PIRATE1 had fitment issues with Sikky Header and less dyno gains with his.
Yes I can because I ordered my headers and they arrived and they fit perfectly and sound amazing. Power will be different from car to car and even day to day, while dynos are a great tool to use they are not the only criteria for being satisfied. I don't NEED to do a baseline to know that my car is more powerful than it was before. Through the sum of the parts I have a basic Idea of what to expect and thats all I need. I'm not here for a **** measuring contest and I dont care if you have X amount of horsepower more, my car sounds and performs the way I want it to and thats all that matters when it comes to satisfaction.

Pirate ran his dyno with his AC on last I recall? Also Cayman was happy with his results confirmed on his other dyno.

Furthermore even if Elite DID get a set of the headers and tested them back to back do I really accept "fruit of the poisonous tree" and take their word on it when they have a vested interest in the case? Thats absurd! Cayman on the other hand has 3rd party results showing they work. 10 hp here or there could be a difference in fuel, weather, etc. Also as I mentioned dynos are a tool, they should be used as a reference and really dont mean much in the grand scheme of things. Take a couple bone stock cars toss them all on the same dyno and you'll get different numbers from each of them. Also correction factors, dyno settings, different dynos etc all throw variables into the mix. This isn't an exact science crying about it wont change things either. The same drama exists with pretty much every single aftermarket product out there. Look at the K&N filters debate. Some love it some hate it, all have different power.
Old 08-31-10, 07:58 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

KUDOS to u for being happy with Sikky and yes your right as long as it makes u happy. Another thing is PIRATE1 redyno'd his set up without A/C and made 391whp vs his baseline 367whp so that's a 23whp gain which is no where near 40-50whp as Sikky and everyone else claims. He also had an issue with his dip stick which he had to modify as it was welded in the wrong place. Asides power gains 10whp difference isn't much and I would care less if my car made 10hp less then others but here merely half the hp wasn't made which is a huge difference.

Last edited by ISF-88; 08-31-10 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-31-10, 08:07 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

Basically infinus is saying that his car should not have any more horsepower because it performs PERFECT since the headers...come on man i am just letting people know about my experience. No need to get all up tight and start bashing on other people/companies. That's all I am going to say before i get into it....
Old 08-31-10, 08:11 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,326 Posts

I think we're done here. The thread is degenerating into nothing but bickering. If there's a legitimate reason to re-open this thread, PM me. Otherwise it's done.