IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Continental Extreme DW

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-11, 04:10 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Conti DWS are currently on back order at Tire Rack in several sizes including OEM tire size plus several others in both 18" and 19". I'm feeling Tulsa's pain down here in Little Rock where we've had lots of very cold rain and several snow events with one bearing down on us tomorrow. (Barely had the F a month and I'm already thinking about a set of cold weather wheels/tires which led to some research on Tire Rack in the last two weeks.)
Old 02-08-11, 06:04 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^
Is Tire Rack the only place to order them? I'll need tires soon as well, but I have not started looking. Does Firestone/NTB/Discount Tire, etc carry them?

*** EDIT: I just saw you're looking for DWS. I'll only require DW. Austin rarely gets any ice or snow although we did get 2" last Friday. Shut the entire city down!
Old 02-08-11, 06:14 AM
YJacketISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eXstasy
You mentioned that these have absolutely no downside. Can you tell me what pressures you normally run? I've heard that Continentals have softer sidewalls and you may have to air them up a little more than stock.
Those of you that have the Contis, what pressure are you running? And any notice of soft sidewalls?
Old 02-08-11, 06:17 AM
YJacketISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by melbitoast
^^^
Is Tire Rack the only place to order them? I'll need tires soon as well, but I have not started looking. Does Firestone/NTB/Discount Tire, etc carry them?

*** EDIT: I just saw you're looking for DWS. I'll only require DW. Austin rarely gets any ice or snow although we did get 2" last Friday. Shut the entire city down!
You can get them pretty much anywhere but if you go with the 245/285 setup, the 245s are out on national backorder for the DW. The DWS is however in stock. I would prefer the DW, but I need tires soon soon! I'm embarrassed to say, one of my fronts is showing cord. Must be all the heavy cornering
Old 02-08-11, 06:27 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by YJacketISF
Those of you that have the Contis, what pressure are you running? And any notice of soft sidewalls?
I'd like to know this as well. I've heard the same thing about the DW's...Darshana S...
Old 02-08-11, 06:39 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

You can get them pretty much anywhere but if you go with the 245/285 setup, the 245s are out on national backorder for the DW. The DWS is however in stock. I would prefer the DW, but I need tires soon soon! I'm embarrassed to say, one of my fronts is showing cord. Must be all the heavy cornering
LOL, wow man.

Thanks for the heads up though. Perhaps I should go ahead and order them since it will take a while. Does it say how long it will take before the 245s are ready?
Old 02-08-11, 07:33 AM
YJacketISF
Rookie

LOL, wow man.

Thanks for the heads up though. Perhaps I should go ahead and order them since it will take a while. Does it say how long it will take before the 245s are ready?
Yea, it's on the right tires inside edge =( I should have inspected my tires sooner. The time frame is all over the place but bank on 4-6 weeks at least it seems, from what I've heard. I think I will have to go with the DWS even though we hardly get any snow in Atlanta.
Old 02-08-11, 08:59 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^

I got my DW at a Discount Tire Store. I have a long standing relationship with the store AM, and I ordered mine expecting a 3 to 4 month waiting period, as my friend told me. My Michelins still had enough tread to make it that long. However, 3 days later, he called me and said he knew some one at Continental Corporate, and they pulled my tires from there and they were on their way to the store. The rest is history

Lou
Old 02-08-11, 09:09 AM
YJacketISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I got my DW at a Discount Tire Store. I have a long standing relationship with the store AM, and I ordered mine expecting a 3 to 4 month waiting period, as my friend told me. My Michelins still had enough tread to make it that long. However, 3 days later, he called me and said he knew some one at Continental Corporate, and they pulled my tires from there and they were on their way to the store. The rest is history

Lou
How much did you pay out the door for the set?
Old 02-08-11, 09:22 AM
YJacketISF
Rookie

Yea, it's on the right tires inside edge =( I should have inspected my tires sooner. The time frame is all over the place but bank on 4-6 weeks at least it seems, from what I've heard. I think I will have to go with the DWS even though we hardly get any snow in Atlanta.
Ahhh, I take that back, I will be getting the DW afterall. I finally found a store locally that must have better connections than the others. Getting my new shoes soon.
Old 02-08-11, 10:36 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

^^^
Nice! No more cords!

What size setup are you purchasing, and how much is it running you (if you don't mind)?
Old 02-08-11, 11:40 AM
YJacketISF
Rookie

^^^
Nice! No more cords!

What size setup are you purchasing, and how much is it running you (if you don't mind)?
I'm going with the DW 245/35 and 285/30 in the rear. One of the shops here locally that works with some higher end cars manage to find the 245s. I think they might have contacted the Continental Corporate office to get them b/c no one else could get them, even online. It's not the cheapest tire shop, but they are one of the go to places for high end cars so at least I won't have to worry about my rims or anything. I'm going to end up paying a little under 1400 out the door. Not sure if that's a deal or not. Seems reasonable though.
Old 02-08-11, 12:17 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

I'm going with the DW 245/35 and 285/30 in the rear. One of the shops here locally that works with some higher end cars manage to find the 245s. I think they might have contacted the Continental Corporate office to get them b/c no one else could get them, even online. It's not the cheapest tire shop, but they are one of the go to places for high end cars so at least I won't have to worry about my rims or anything. I'm going to end up paying a little under 1400 out the door. Not sure if that's a deal or not. Seems reasonable though.
How much did you pay out the door for the set?

I paid $1200 OTD. But, $1400 is a good price - Jump on it

Lou
Old 02-12-11, 05:34 PM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

Rebalanced. then re road force balanced, must have been a bad set. Oh well my PS2's are better just have to pay more.
Old 02-18-11, 04:17 PM
YJacketISF
Rookie

Have about 100 miles on these. I agree with Lou that these are in every way superior to the stock. Not sure if it's b/c I just went from pretty worn down tires to new tires, but I don't remember the stock brand new ever stayed as planted as these do. For those wondering about pressure, I had them filled with nitrogen to 36psi and they seem to work great. I'll try to get on them harder in the corners once the tires are a bit more broken in to see if I notice the soft sidewall people are mentioning, but so far so good.

Quick Reply: Continental Extreme DW