IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-11, 04:46 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 169 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Raralith
I was wondering if you fathers could possibly tell me which baby seat you are using, and whether you like it? My wife and I are expecting our first, and she drives a Highlander so we are buying 2 seperate ones so I need one for my IS 350. While I've put in a baby/child seat for my niece (from 2-5 years of age), I hated the thing because it was so damn hard to put in and in the inclined seats too. Any advice, reviews, recommendations? Should I be using a rear facing baby seat for infants?
Absolutely use a rear facing baby site / carrier for your new born. They should not be in an upright forward face seat till they are at least 1yrs and about 28lbs.
Old 01-25-12, 08:06 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by I nd ISF
Absolutely use a rear facing baby site / carrier for your new born. They should not be in an upright forward face seat till they are at least 1yrs and about 28lbs.
actually u want the child to remain rear facing at least till 2 years. i know all children are not the same but please use your best judgement on when to front face.
anyways bringing this thread back up because I am in the market for a convertible. i have look at britax, recaro, safety first. my priorities are safety not looks. also i know it will be tight but just want to make sure it fits and can be remove. i am close to gettin the recaro as a few members on here have them. my son is 13 months at 20lbs. he is not ready to forward face and he is too big for the infant as the harness is starting to become tight for him. please post pics, links or any other help material. thanx in advance.
Old 01-25-12, 08:24 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread scared the **** out of me.. several members trading in their F's, others having to buy daily drivers, and even a member bold enough (and obviously in denial) to try and convince us that he was happy with trading in his F on a Sienna..

I'm going to get clipped right now.. at the age of 25
Old 01-25-12, 08:29 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm too young to be writing here, but if/when I do have kids the baby seat is either going into my wife-to-be's car or my beater! Not the F!
Old 01-25-12, 09:24 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
this thread scared the **** out of me.. several members trading in their F's, others having to buy daily drivers, and even a member bold enough (and obviously in denial) to try and convince us that he was happy with trading in his F on a Sienna..

I'm going to get clipped right now.. at the age of 25
well they have priorities, so u cant blame em.

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I'm too young to be writing here, but if/when I do have kids the baby seat is either going into my wife-to-be's car or my beater! Not the F!
that will be next year when i get a beater.
Old 01-25-12, 09:49 AM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I wish I could same the same. I'm actaually in the market for an F because I'm having a kid. My weekend cars are a supercharged s2000, and an older civic. I'll never drive them with a child so it's time to let them go. I'm well aware that the F is not an ideal car to have with a kid, but it's surely better then an s2000 and a civic with a built motor. At least with the F if my wife and I want to go somewhere nice or have a date night we can take our nicer car rather then our DD's. I had to bribe my wife with getting he a 2012 crv to replace her 08 civic in order to get the green light on ISF shopping.
Old 01-25-12, 09:59 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dragtek
I wish I could same the same. I'm actaually in the market for an F because I'm having a kid. My weekend cars are a supercharged s2000, and an older civic. I'll never drive them with a child so it's time to let them go. I'm well aware that the F is not an ideal car to have with a kid, but it's surely better then an s2000 and a civic with a built motor. At least with the F if my wife and I want to go somewhere nice or have a date night we can take our nicer car rather then our DD's. I had to bribe my wife with getting he a 2012 crv to replace her 08 civic in order to get the green light on ISF shopping.
if u do get the isf, just to warn you about it, the front passenger seat has to move all the way up if your using a rear facing seat. i recommend the chicco key fit or the graco snugfit for infants as they seam to fit properly.

im planning on getting a Fit for a beater.
Old 01-25-12, 10:14 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
if u do get the isf, just to warn you about it, the front passenger seat has to move all the way up if your using a rear facing seat. i recommend the chicco key fit or the graco snugfit for infants as they seam to fit properly.

The Fit is an excellent choice. Spacious, reliable, and excellent gas mileage for a car that has a ton of storage space.
Old 01-25-12, 10:14 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

My daughter is 16 months old.

If my wife and I have to go anywhere long distance, we take the 4Runner with the child.

On short trips or when I pick up my little girl from her Grandmother's house in the F with a forward facing Recaro seat and its no problem. I just put the passenger seat all the way forward so she is not kicking it and its no big deal.

It is a lot better than trying to haul her around in my daily driver Scion TC, or my modified garage queen, '06 GTO. They were both coupes and it was a pain trying to get her in.

Recaro and Britax are both great seats that have won many awards for Safety.

Also, In regards to toys and children...you can still have your fun. Just make sure you are okay money wise, etc. Your life is not over because you have kids, you just have another person to enjoy it with.
Old 01-25-12, 10:33 AM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Also, In regards to toys and children...you can still have your fun. Just make sure you are okay money wise, etc. Your life is not over because you have kids, you just have another person to enjoy it with.
This is true. My kids love when I punch the F (to the posted speed limit ). "That makes my belly feel funny Daddy!". No high speed runs or street racing though. A guy in a C6 worked his way to catch me at a red light but I shook my head and pointed to the kids and he gave me a friendly nod.

Back on topic. I have a Britax Parkway for my 3.5 year old with passenger seat on memory 3 - seat all the way forward.
Old 01-25-12, 11:19 AM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Evil Teo

Thankfully my wife is a pretty petite woman. The cars that will mainly be used with our child are a crv, and an element so the ISF is strictly for the occasional date night and/or pleasure driving.
Old 01-25-12, 11:28 AM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Also, I've looked into the graco snug fit that fits the ISF, but my sister in law tells me preg prego is slightly smaller, and is apparently safer and better built then the rest so I'll be looking into that one in the future.
Old 01-25-12, 02:32 PM
mcauley
Driver

We use a maxi cosi child seat with isofix and have no problem
Our x5 has little room.
Old 01-27-12, 10:59 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mcauley
We use a maxi cosi child seat with isofix and have no problem
Our x5 has little room.
would you happen to have pictures of the seat in the car. I want to get a good look at it. I heard of the isofix.
Old 01-27-12, 11:24 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

I use an Eddie Bauer seat for my 18 month old son and so far he enjoys it. It is also priced very reasonable compared to other brands and has good ratings. Just fyi

http://www.target.com/p/Eddie-Bauer-...e/-/A-13457488

Quick Reply: Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!