IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Look what Bev.Hills Lexus did....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-10, 01:46 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Longo Lexus SUCKED big time, both sales and serives!

Service Advisor & Shop Foreman didn't even know seat belt buzz can be turned off until I showed them the CL print out.

Replaced my IS-F CD changer and for a bonus, scratched the Nav trim.

Replaced shaky rear view mirror and for a bonus, left a screw driver mark at the bottom of the mirror cover.

Like others said, taking car to the dealer is like rolling a dice and hope for the best. They get paid well but have no pride in workmanship.

Originally Posted by niko14
so sorry.

One word Longo Lexus! (or two words) well worth the added drive to get to.
Old 04-29-10, 01:55 PM
matt310
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
I think your main concern is the trade in value of your car now,, they will now think that your car was once in a trainwreck and guess what buddy,,, the value of your car probably dropped $5000 because of this BS... Make sure the dealer compensates you somehow for this loss... trust me,, you will feel it when you wanna trade in your car...
Who is "they"? All you need to do is disclose that the bumper was replaced. Besides, anyone looking to buy an IS-F will likely visit a forum like this and see the photos for themselves.
Old 04-29-10, 01:56 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
OEM bumpers (at least for the isf) dont come factory painted is what I heard from different dealers I called.
No OEM bumper from any company comes pre painted. They all are unpainted when ordered. Factory painted pieces from Toyota/Lexus are usually smaller items like mirrors, door handles, door trims, door mouldings and etc.
Old 04-29-10, 05:41 PM
Ekorre
Rookie

man that is horrible, sorry for the irritation
Old 04-29-10, 06:01 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt310
Besides, anyone looking to buy an IS-F will likely visit a forum like this and see the photos for themselves.
i dont know about that... for me personally ive joined forums after getting the car...
most people are lazy to search stuff like that.
Old 04-29-10, 06:26 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by matt310
Who is "they"? All you need to do is disclose that the bumper was replaced. Besides, anyone looking to buy an IS-F will likely visit a forum like this and see the photos for themselves.
I am talking about the new car dealer when you bring in the F for trade in... When you disclose that the car has been in an accident, it immediately loses trade in value... You can even say it was just repainted for a scratch and they will find the excuse to nail you for the trade in value... I painted the grey panels on my element to match the rest of the car and the Honda dealer wanted to give me $5000 less for trade in value for my car cause it had paint work

Last edited by lobuxracer; 04-30-10 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-29-10, 07:02 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

WTF...how the hell did that happen? ask them that first...

Compensation list:
1. Repair the entire front
2. Clear Bra entire front end of the car
3. Free service until 50k miles

check the miles to see if anyone drove it as well
Old 04-29-10, 07:08 PM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Longo Lexus SUCKED big time, both sales and serives!

Service Advisor & Shop Foreman didn't even know seat belt buzz can be turned off until I showed them the CL print out.

Replaced my IS-F CD changer and for a bonus, scratched the Nav trim.

Replaced shaky rear view mirror and for a bonus, left a screw driver mark at the bottom of the mirror cover.

Like others said, taking car to the dealer is like rolling a dice and hope for the best. They get paid well but have no pride in workmanship.
I couldnt agree more
From scratches the first day I got the car
to scratches during service
to overfilling my oil twice
they are way to careless

every car is just another car to them
as dumb as that sounds
Old 04-29-10, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

bottom line it's always about exactly who works on your car. i have tried longo a few times and i have never found a SA or tech that's up to my standard. i always bring my car to keyes, i know the master tech personally and he always takes super great care of my car, so the 40 mile trip is well worth it. he's the guy i have no problem leaving my keys with, even when it was my 80k ls460l
Old 04-30-10, 12:48 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm surprised you guys are having so many problems with the dealers. Do complaints to corporate not do anything? I thought this was what the corporate feedback and surveys and programs like "Elite of Lexus" are for. I've dealt with several Lexus dealerships for service (Serramonte, Stevens Creek, LV, Merrillville, etc.) and usually if they even think I'm dissatisfied they inquire right away or follow up right away on the phone. The only bad experiences I've had are at dealers that fail to qualify for the Elite program (e.g., Putnam) and the only SA I've ever had that I didn't like (at Lexus/LV) just meant I switched SAs, and he's since left. Maybe I've just been lucky.
Old 04-30-10, 06:37 PM
305is350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Request a factory painted bumper from Japan!!! I can't believe something like this can happen at the dealer
Old 04-30-10, 11:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 305is350
Request a factory painted bumper from Japan!!! I can't believe something like this can happen at the dealer
did you read post by me and flipside909? there is no factory painted bumpers from lexus
Old 05-01-10, 03:04 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
bottom line it's always about exactly who works on your car. i have tried longo a few times and i have never found a SA or tech that's up to my standard. i always bring my car to keyes, i know the master tech personally and he always takes super great care of my car, so the 40 mile trip is well worth it. he's the guy i have no problem leaving my keys with, even when it was my 80k ls460l
Who do you see Sarkis, Bill, or do you deal with Allen directly? And is your master tech Jeff fox?
Old 05-01-10, 03:07 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

And rominl DONT LIE!!!! you go to keyes for the cookies
Old 05-01-10, 03:39 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahaha its time for you to go to bed, your rambling about cookies sir! i took my car to park place the other day for an oil change and i can make it in and out, and around the entire dealer without, rubbing or scraping. lot porter(not roy he knows how to drive my car) goes over one dip and damn near slams my bumper off!

Quick Reply: Look what Bev.Hills Lexus did....