IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What's the price of a OEM ballast? I have a very very fault F

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-10, 04:08 PM
anson89
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the price of a OEM ballast? I have a very very fault F

Many of you probably got tired of my problems and posts, but hey - you guys have helped me a lot and I'll thank you for it.
A lot of F owners have mostly changed out all their OEM lights to aftermarket lights and none of you have problems. But I probably have the MOST problems!
I might just have what they call a "Friday car"

Problem 1: Changed out fog lights and low beam bulbs - condensation in driver side headlights. Fixed through warranty because seal was broken.

Problem 2: Changed out DRLs and parking lights - highbeam bulbs stops working. Lexus finds out I have aftermarket lights and won't replace it. Fixed it by replacing a burned fuse.

Now comes the new problem, problem 3: Everything seems normal, VLEDS switched out my faulty LED DRL for a new one, installed and no problem. After a huge bump, my passenger side low beam burns out. Brought it to two dealerships and they won't replace it because of my aftermarket fog lights which I continuously argued that it has nothing to do with it. Replaced all lights back to OEM (low beams, fog lights, parking lights, DRL) and brought it to 3rd dealership. They have been discussing with the regional manager for 2 weeks now and won't replace it on the spot, because they have all my aftermarket information in the system and will contact me whenever they have news, not sure when.

So worst comes to worst, I probably have to purchase a ballast or some sort. Or unless you guys have different solutions.

Thank you so much! After this problem, the only thing I'm gonna change is probably the fog lights. My warranty expires in a month.
Old 02-03-10, 09:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by anson89

Thank you so much! After this problem, the only thing I'm gonna change is probably the fog lights. My warranty expires in a month.
Your warranty expires in a month? You do realize your bumper to bumper warranty is 4 years 50k miles. Perhaps you are going to reach the 50k mark in a month's time?
Old 02-03-10, 10:28 PM
anson89
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Your warranty expires in a month? You do realize your bumper to bumper warranty is 4 years 50k miles. Perhaps you are going to reach the 50k mark in a month's time?
Well I did buy the car used for 5k miles? Not sure, need to check! But thanks for the notice though!

What are your thoughts on my problems?
Old 02-03-10, 11:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by anson89
Well I did buy the car used for 5k miles? Not sure, need to check! But thanks for the notice though!

What are your thoughts on my problems?
1. Warranty issue solved.

2. Your aftermarket bulbs are the root of your issues. Because your aftermarket lights are directly connected with the issues you are having, improper voltage draw and such. The service dept. found out you have a/m lamps and now any warranty issue you have regarding your headlamps is now void.

3. The dealership that documented you had a/m lights has basically blacklisted you from receiving any services relating to warranty coverage on your lighting system. If a regional rep is involved, it will be up to him to decide to cover your issues. If he denies your claim, you're going to have to pay for the repairs out of pocket unfortunately.
Old 02-06-10, 10:10 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Frankly I really think you should stop modding after reading all your problems.....or just go buy a Civic. It's pretty obvious you are not electronics inclined....

My gosh if I was your local Lexus service manager not sure what I'd do....as Flipside has said, everything is documented so going to different dealers is not going to help.

UNLESS, you just simply bought a Lemon?