IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New Tein Comfort Flex Coilovers for the IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-10, 03:59 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K3RRY,
What is the contact for the person/shop that has TEIN flex for IS-F? Thanks.

Last edited by clifftrail; 06-17-10 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-17-10, 04:35 PM
K3RRYB
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clifftrail
K3RRY,
What is the contact for the person/shop that has TEIN flex for IS-F? Thanks.
Anyone that deals with Tein can get you these coilovers. Check the vendor section for dealers.
Old 06-17-10, 06:54 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

I've gone to the local dealer here with no luck, even gave them the part number and he still seemed less than enthused to have the business so I was hoping you'd have a dealer contact since you said he had been talking with them and some were in stock.

I've also PMd a vendor on here with no word yet either. If you know something it would be appreciated.

BTW, just to be sure, I want the flex not the comfort sports, thanks.
Old 06-18-10, 09:08 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

^^ You can give VIP Auto Salon, Inc. a try...

The WALD Silver IS-F we built runs a Tein Coilover system.

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-18-10 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-18-10, 10:49 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those of you considering the Tein CS or even the Flex series you would be a lot better off just going with a set of KW V3's IMO.

They offer MUCH better valving, construction and adjustability as far as damping is concerned. About the only thing you can't do is salm the car, which results in worse handling anyway.

If anyone is interested and wants more info, feel free to PM us
Old 06-18-10, 12:47 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

But does KW offer electronic damping control? If I'm going to send that much money I want to be able to control it from the comfort of my A$$ which is one of my motivating factors for TEIN.
Old 06-18-10, 01:15 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clifftrail
But does KW offer electronic damping control? If I'm going to send that much money I want to be able to control it from the comfort of my A$$ which is one of my motivating factors for TEIN.
They don't but the KW's have presets that I don't see anyone changing unless they have a clue as to what they are doing. The KW's are also valved better than the Teins and offer individual rebound and compression adjustments where the Tein coilovers have one adjustment for both.

As cool as it sounds to be able to adjust them in the car, suspension tuning is not something you play around with once you find a setting that you're happy with..............unless you race the car and have different spring rates and settings for different tracks. My track car was set up a year ago with new coilovers and I am yet to find the need to adjust anything on them. KW's are a higher end coilover than the Tein's and are well worth the extra money IMO.
Old 06-18-10, 03:49 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

I don't see KW as extra money, the flex w/edfc and the KW3s are real close in price. I've never experienced the KWs and I'm sure they are a good coilover but I do have experience with TEIN flex, prefer them as I'm familiar with the product and do like to adjust on the fly even though I'm not a track person. Thanks for the feedback though.
Old 06-21-10, 11:31 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N54MPower
They don't but the KW's have presets that I don't see anyone changing unless they have a clue as to what they are doing. The KW's are also valved better than the Teins and offer individual rebound and compression adjustments where the Tein coilovers have one adjustment for both.

As cool as it sounds to be able to adjust them in the car, suspension tuning is not something you play around with once you find a setting that you're happy with..............unless you race the car and have different spring rates and settings for different tracks. My track car was set up a year ago with new coilovers and I am yet to find the need to adjust anything on them. KW's are a higher end coilover than the Tein's and are well worth the extra money IMO.
He's right.

The EDFC is more of a marketing gimmick than anything really useful. Unless you contasntly change settings for track use, it's useless once the cool factor wears off.

I'd much rather have better valving, build qaulity and damping control...then a small box.
Old 06-21-10, 03:53 PM
weaponX
Driver School Candidate

So, are the adjustments a DIY?

Are there recommended settings?

I'm more concerned with improving both the handling and ride quality, less about ride height.

I was considering Tein's CS due to the EDFC, but if this has better build quality, why not?
Old 06-21-10, 10:34 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weaponX
So, are the adjustments a DIY?

Are there recommended settings?

I'm more concerned with improving both the handling and ride quality, less about ride height.

I was considering Tein's CS due to the EDFC, but if this has better build quality, why not?
As I said above they come preset from the factory with settings that most would be hard pressed to do better by. Yes you can DIY, but without understanding how each change affects the cars ride and handling most would end up screwing up a good thing for the sake of change.

The KW's will ride better at any height compared to the stock suspension and with fine tuning by a qualified person be made to handle better than stock. There's a reason why a lot of the E46 & E90 BMW and Porsche guys choose KW.

The only thing missing from the KW V3's are solid strut mounts which are only offered on their Club Sport line designed for off road use only, because they aren't TUV approved for on road use. This means you'll have to modify (in the front) and reuse your OEM strut mounts. One good thing about the Teins is the wrench they supply to turn the spring perches.......they are much better than the ones KW supplies . But you can buy the Tein wrench separately and get KW's.
Old 06-22-10, 05:36 AM
weaponX
Driver School Candidate

As I said above they come preset from the factory with settings that most would be hard pressed to do better by. Yes you can DIY, but without understanding how each change affects the cars ride and handling most would end up screwing up a good thing for the sake of change.

The KW's will ride better at any height compared to the stock suspension and with fine tuning by a qualified person be made to handle better than stock. There's a reason why a lot of the E46 & E90 BMW and Porsche guys choose KW.

The only thing missing from the KW V3's are solid strut mounts which are only offered on their Club Sport line designed for off road use only, because they aren't TUV approved for on road use. This means you'll have to modify (in the front) and reuse your OEM strut mounts. One good thing about the Teins is the wrench they supply to turn the spring perches.......they are much better than the ones KW supplies . But you can buy the Tein wrench separately and get KW's.
Thanks for the input.