IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Scam or the deal of a life time!! ??

Old 09-17-09, 07:40 PM
DallasIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Scam or the deal of a life time!! ??

currently own IS300.. i could get about 13k for mine, so this came up and seems like a scam, but after talking to him for a bit seems kinda coming true ?

the deal is for a 2008 IS-F with 7,822 miles.....................for 15,800 !

seems too good right? i thought i'd just get some info on it so i email the guy saying::

"Has the car been in an accident?

amazing price i might get this car if i could get a vin number from you?

and where are you located?"

he reply's shortly after saying this (i know it's long but i want you guys to read it all so u can give a better answer to me)::

"Hi,

Thank you for your interest in my car.This is a 2008 Lexus IS-F Performance Sport Sedan Cassette player, Leather seats, Sunroof, Anti-lock brakes, Side airbags, Air conditioning, Cruise control, Power seats, Power windows, Navigation System, Mark Levinson Sound System, Parking Assist, Reverse Backup Camera, Leather Upholstery, IPOD Interfase, Power Glass Moonroof,

Here you can find more pictures of the car: http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/lexusisf08/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

The car has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage.Flawless exterior/interior condition,no scratches and no dents.It has never been involved in an accident.The engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks great.It comes with US clear title which will be signed and notorized in the buyer's name.Have original manuals and all keys.

I'm an US Air Force Sgt.currently stationed in Spain .The car is here with me. It was bought in the US and shipped to Europe, but it was never permanently registered here, the car is still registered in the US.The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen. In order to be able to register this car here in Spain the buyer would have to pay very high import/custom taxes that will double the price. So I decided to sell the car back in the US.
My final price is $15.800 US Dollars including shipping from Spain to the US and delivery to your home address.So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Vin number : JTHBP262185001292
Miles : 7,822

Thank you
Sgt. Richard Hamton"

at this point i'm thinking a failed attempt to scam, but i continue for shiz and giggles.. i reply::

"i am very interested and just have a few questions.. the deal is
almost too good to be true!

sounding too good makes it seem like a scam deal, to save myself and
make sure my 16k is going to actually get me this car my question was
how did u want to do this deal? i want to be able to see the car
before i send the money to make sure it's not a scam..

1. How would the payment be taken care of, would i personally see you
at the transaction site? or would you expect me to send money first
and wait for the car to get here from spain?

2. i want to be able to have my technician check the car out first and
make sure there's no major issues with the car, would it be possible
to ship to the dealership and possibly meet you there and hand you the
payment soon as the technician is complete with the small checkup?

3. How long do you expect the car to take to be shipped to:

Park Place Lexus Grapevine
901 Highway 114 East
Grapevine, TX 76051

other then that, waiting on your reply answer's i'm ready to jump on
this deal and purchase the car from you !

Thanks for the quick reply, and the patients to make sure this deal
goes smoothly!"

wondering how he plans on keeping this scam going.. without making it completely obvious. ::

"I will have the car shipped from Spain by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any additional shipping costs. The shipping will take 6-8 days, depending on your location.Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,somebody must be home when the car arrives to sign for the reception.The car will arrive with all the papers and documents required for registration and the keys. The clear title and the bill of sale will be already signed by me.

The payment will be done through eBay.You will send the money to the eBay Trust & Safe bank account and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork and the option to accept or reject the car.The inspection time period will begin as soon as you sign for receiving the car at your requested address.During all this time eBay will hold the money into a trust account.So, this is not a blind transaction,you can see the car before decided to buy it.If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked,and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.Please take in to consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered to and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you!"

so me having no experience with ebay business, is that a safe way to do it? or is what he said false and soon as i send the payment he can take it and run or something? Does ebay or ANY site like that out there that i can make a payment but not send it, and wait till i get the car checked to make sure it's all good before i give him 16k!! Saying this isn't a scam and 6-8days later i actually see this car show up..if i actually do this i'm going to send it to the dealership so 1. he doesn't have my address and 2. i'm an employee at another dealership so they'll call and sign for me and all the good stuff.. or i could run over there and do the paper work.

any suggestion's on how to pay without actually losing the money until i physically SEE the car ?!!

and anyone see something else fishy that maybe i missed?

anything is welcome, i mean u spent the time to read this u might as well leave your comment

Last edited by DallasIS; 09-17-09 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-17-09, 07:45 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for that i would buy it!
Old 09-17-09, 07:49 PM
DallasIS
Pole Position

i will buy it lol but my question was scammers will make a crazy price like that just so someone will send the money and the buyer will sit there and wait for months for the car to show up..

so is this a scam also or not :/
Old 09-17-09, 07:50 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ISF doesn't have cassette player.

I say its a scam. You know it, because you can feel it in your guts.
Old 09-17-09, 07:54 PM
DallasIS
Pole Position

nice catch, i didn't even realize that was there :/
Old 09-17-09, 08:00 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i do think if its to good to be true it would be also dont know many sgt spending 65k on a car cash! they dont make that much money trust me i do finance at a car dealer!
Old 09-17-09, 08:04 PM
DallasIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LEXUSF
i do think if its to good to be true it would be also dont know many sgt spending 65k on a car cash! they dont make that much money trust me i do finance at a car dealer!
could be rich to begin with maybe? but also what you wrote makes sense.. i would have no idea how much there income is or military discounts would be towards a car like that.
Old 09-17-09, 08:05 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a better chance to win the lotto than the F-car.

"the deal is for a 2008 IS-F with 7,822 miles.....................for 15,800".

If you really really really want it and with "potential" tens of thousands of dollars saving, fly over there, check it out and ship it back yourself.
Old 09-17-09, 08:16 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
ISF doesn't have cassette player.

I say its a scam. You know it, because you can feel it in your guts.

Greetings from SC land! I was thinking to myself, if a car like that would have a cassette player, and you answered it! I say its a scam, not sure if there is anyway to hold your cash but send an invoice of payment, because I think that way, buyers can scam the seller. As with what the others say, if its TOO good to be true, it most likely is. Just be careful, but if it is a legit deal, congrats on a brand new F!! I'd be jealous
Old 09-17-09, 08:17 PM
Fsonic
Rookie

This is more likely a scam.

"The payment will be done through eBay.You will send the money to the eBay Trust & Safe bank account and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork and the option to accept or reject the car.The inspection time period will...."

None of this info is ebay motors procedure....you should get this information through ebay mutually..... not from him. He has a phony bank account which he claims to be an "eBay Trust & Safe bank account"... I've had this experience before with someone trying to scam for a 350z.

If this is real, it would be listed on eBay motors. If it doesn't have an actual listing (w/ item number), it's not real. eBay does not sell cars for people who don't list w/ them.
Old 09-17-09, 08:18 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Typical Ebay Scam.

They will have prepared a nice link that looks like ebay, but I assure you that ebay HAS NO SUCH ESCROW SERVICE. The link will be like www.ebay.tk or some bs domain or redirect.

Lots of scams like this around. you should be quickly alerted to the fact that he claims to be in the military (a lot of scams are like this to try to play into peoples patriotism)

Obviously a complete scam. Sorry bud.
Old 09-17-09, 08:21 PM
BB/F
Rookie

Scam.

1. The military doesnt ship privately owned cars by cargo plane. They get put on a boat to be brought back to the states.

2. The way he wrote the price " $15.800 US Dollars" We dont use periods when posting a price. We would break it with a comma. Its a European thing. We also wouldnt use US when writing dollars if we knew we were speaking to someone from the states.
Old 09-17-09, 08:25 PM
SpecLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You don't even have to read anymore of it, it's clearly a scam! When you know it's too good to be true, then it is too good to be true.

Anytime there's some sort of "shipping" being involved, a red flag with a punch to the face should go off....this is a scam. Tell him you'll send an escrow official to first come by his home and secure the car before you pay for it.
Old 09-17-09, 08:30 PM
BB/F
Rookie

Ask him if the pics were recently taken. If so, then something is wrong with his navi cause its showing him in Rancho Cordova CA
Old 09-17-09, 08:31 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/y...current=22.jpg

^
Good observation BB/F!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scam or the deal of a life time!! ??